first episode of Japanese TFA on youtube

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by benzo, Apr 5, 2010.

1. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you for the link, it was enjoyable :) 
    I've only watched the original once, so I can't really compare the dialogue difference etc, but from that 7 minutes I see no "forced" tie in with the live action movies.
    Ratchet has Kyushu (Japanese southern island) accent, assuming in an attempt to give him a gruff, manly impression. Prowl hardly spoke, but from one line I caught he sounds like he's got stereotypical ninja/samurai manner of speech like Sixshot. (Sorry this has been covered already)

This is my personal impression, but Starscream sounds very crass.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw another version on youtube and wanted to know whats up with that family? That annoyed the hell out of me

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haven't seen that one :( 

5. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:

They're a family that's there to introduce the Transformers lore to everyone watching. Gundam had it with their shows, so I guess Transformers has it too. Some of the scenes are cut so that this family could be put in.

6. yuujin-mikeru

yuujin-mikeru What's a Tu-Ran-Su-Fo-Ma?

News Credits:
    Bulkhide's voice is terrible. I know he's supposed to be a dumb brute hero character in the beginning of the show but he never sounded intentionally dumb in the American version.

Megatron's voice is what I imagine Alternity Megatron's voice would be.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Small scene cut in the Megatron racing to the Ark other than that didn't notice anything different.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    sari doesnt pull the gum off her face and eat it.

probably because takara didnt want to show sari with goo on her face, and eating it.

because japan.

9. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

First time in my life I don't like japanese dubs. I don't think it fits the characters and sound very random.

Usually japanese dubs are way better than that.

10. aurex

aurex NERD ALERT

It's not that the dubbing is bad - from what I can tell, the lines are fairly intact and I actually think Sentinel and Blackarachnia are spot on, characterization and all. And Cho can do no wrong in my opinion, so Blitzwing was good for his 30 seconds of hilarious.

HOWEVER.

Wakamototron is just. He sounds constipated. I said this already, but when he says his name it sounds like "MEGATORONNNGHHHHGHGHHHHH"and...

constipated. Yeah.

Everything else was hit and miss, and Bumblebee talked so fast I couldn't understand a WORD out of his mouth.

And I hate the Otoboto family from the depths of my soul. Really, Japan? You cut decent humor and timing for this unnecessary (and really poorly acted) crap? Really? B[

11. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I'm sorry but the thing that caught me the most was Teletraan's breathy vulnerable voice. I kept on thinking she was some kind of prostitute or something...it really bothered me. Speaking of Megatron I loved it when he when "MEGATORON, TRANSUFOOOGGGRRRHGGGHHHHHMMMMGGGHHHMMMMM." It sounded like he had a pretty bad cold or something, or was blocked up with phlegm. Bulkhead, sorry Ironhide bothered me, I can appreciate the style of voice they gave him and I think I get the stereotype but it did grate on my nerves a little. Prowl was different but okay as was Bumblebee and Ratchet was pretty good. Optimus sounds a little incongruous though.

Blitzwing was great although I can't tell what the heck Crazy was ranting about, my Japanese can't keep up with his voice there. But I was glad that Lugnut's speech was just about spot on the same. Starscream was different as well to the English version but they still played his personality right. They kept the "Somber face, somber face..." part in which made me smile.

I was thinking that if they were going to tie it into the live-action stuff, it'd be evident in the first episode. But it was largely spot on. I'll keep an eye out but really at this point I'm more confident the story will be reasonably faithful. I'm a little sad Sari was cut out of the intro though considering that the Japanese Transformers series always have children mascots and they're in the intros.

12. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lame.

13. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Ive never heard the word autobot said with a japanese acent. It sounds odd. I miss Cybertrons and Destrons.

14. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I thought Sumdac was weirder. SAMUDAKU SAN. SAMUDAKU SAN!

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I also miss "Cybertrons" and "Destron." Japan sold out!

16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    :cry