First Elvin Pena, then the Hartmans, then me?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nightscream, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I win the lottery I'll buy your stuff no problem. I'll PM when you I do.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You suck. :p  I'll likely make an offer for cassettes and/or those LD SL Rodimuses though.

3. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    You do that :)  I can hold items for as long as you like if need be, but I will need a 20% deposit to do so.

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good luck d00d!

just the fact youre stuck with low end ikea is justification enough.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Best of luck on the sale...Are you getting rid of the Diaclones too or just the TF's? I MAY need to think about upgrading my Grandus & Daiatlas...

6. Nightscream

Ebay:
    I don't have any Diaclones, only the ehobby reissues. Diaclone Swoop is the only "holy grail" I haven't acquired already, actually. Well, that, and Canadian Red Slag MiSB. I don't know if that even exists, though... Both Grandus and Dai Atlas are in perfect condition with really nice boxes. Stickers are applied, and all paperwork is present.

7. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    $4950 per month right now doesn't sound too bad (not to mention the $750 increase you expect next year). Is that before or after taxes? What are the tax rates like in Norway? And, do you have a feel for what the cost of living is like in Norway vs. say, the US? How much does a new car cost over there (typical mid-level family type car)? If selling off part of your collection will make a real and positive impact in your quality of life, I say do it.

8. Nightscream

Ebay:
    No, that income before tax is okay. But as I said, we have some pretty big expenses coming up. The tax system is very different in Norway than the US, though. We pay just under 30% in income tax, but the standard VAT is 25%. Health care, education and so on are free, and there are a lot of economic support systems. Parents get about $150 per month per child. Welfare is about $1200 per month, and I already mentioned unemployment is 67% of previous income (up to $54000), for up two years. But things that are "bad" are really expensive. Cigarettes, for instance, cost about $9, and the tax on cars is dependant on how much it pollutes. American guzzlers like a Mustang have insane fees. A V8 Mustang costs about $28000 in the US, right? Well, it costs $115000 or so here. I kid you not. That's why we're going to buy a small but sporty car like a Smart Roadster or a Lotus Elise. A 2005 Smart Roadster (which is the most likely vehicle we'll buy) will cost about $30000. We can afford a loan for that with our current income, but not all the other stuff I want...

The main difference between Norway and the US is that we, on average, have a much higher standard of living. Nobody's poor here unless they have really bad luck in terms of what government support they are entitled to, or they have serious substance addiction problems etc. There aren't that many truly rich people either, though. If you are, say, a Doctor of Medicine or an attourney, you pay up to 50% income tax. They're still well off with quite large houses and so on. It just doesn't go to the exorbitant levels you see in the US.

The UN has declared Norway to be the best country in the world to live in for several years in a row. We are also the world's second least polluted country. It's not all due to the political system of course. We found huge amounts of oil in our seas in the seventies.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As if that's not enough, you're also home to some kick-ass bands! :rock 

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG] NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!11oooone