First Editions?

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by JorfimusPrime, Feb 12, 2012.

1. JorfimusPrime

JorfimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, all, I'm a new member, but I'm not new to TFs, and I'm looking, like everyone, for the First Edition TFP Voyagers. I have a sealed RtS Wreck-Gar and a sealed NYCC 2011 Exclusive TFP set that I would be willing to trade. I'm especially interested in First Edition Prime, though I definitely want Bulkhead too. Hoping someone can help out? :) 

EDIT: RtS Wreck-Gar is still available if anyone has any offers. I can get Wave 1 RiD figures pretty easily, so if anyone wants to offer FE Bulkhead for a combination of Wreck and/or RiD figures, PM me and I'll see what I can do. =D

2. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    Bump? If you want I can post images in about 2 weeks to prove I have them. They're at home though and I'm not.

3. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    Bumpity? I know I'm a newbie around the boards but I've been collecting for a while...

4. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    Bump. Isn't there anyone that can help?

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Right now you are asking for some HIGHLY demanded items and only offering two figures that are available at retail and/or discount stores.

Your best bet is to buy the Takara Bulkhead, which should still be up for preorder on BBTS.com, and maybe take your items to eBay. Bulkhead is technically the tougher figure to get, so after that, Prime should be easy.

6. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    I know they're in high demand; I'm good friends with Shadow25, who is also working on getting some FE's, and in fact is not doing terribly. Rumor is that there are users in Canada willing to swap FE's for RiDs. I'm just keeping this visible hoping there's someone who can help out. Aside from these I have access to RiD figures and would be willing to do something like pick up a figure to swap for one of equal value -- ex., get someone an RiD Soundwave and trade for an FE Cliff or Vehicon, or an RiD Megatron for an FE Voyager. In the long run that amounts to the same thing as my going out and buying the figures at retail price, were I able to do so.

Point is, I know the figures are in high demand, I'm putting up my best offer and keeping it visible because I know that there are people who might be able and willing to help.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FYI, be careful how you determine equal value. Retail voyagers cost $37 and deluxes $23 in Canada after taxes. That's compared to $22 and $11-$15 in the US. The FE Vehicon was only released by Takara and his retail cost is at around $40 to begin with.

Also, be aware that you started kind of late. Most of the friendly Canadians are mostly tapped out. Good luck.

8. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    I'm in the United States; by equal value I just meant voyager for voyager and deluxe for deluxe. That would, based on pure retail prices, be equal value; yes there is a price difference, but that isn't a toy value issue, it's the fact that the economic values of Canadian dollars and American dollars differ.

Vehicon was an example, though I had forgotten he was only released in Japan at the moment. He's also not a huge priority since the RiD version is worlds better; he'd be more just a troop building/Batman-inspired repaint. I freely admit it is a bad example and retract my statement about him.

At any rate, original price of the NYCC pack was $33 USD. Wreck-Gar's retail was the usual deluxe pricing, but since I got him at a discount chain I'd be willing to dish out a little extra cash. But honestly, and I'm not trying to sound greed or entitled or anything, but I think that the NYCC pack is worth a voyager. Never mind whether someone can or wants to make that trade, just on a basis of fairness it makes sense. It would actually be a profit if the FE figures weren't going for so much money on the secondary market.

To clear things up, my priorities are FE Prime, FE Bulk, and FE Cliff, in that order. I am willing to trade the aforementioned items, and depending upon the offer, might be willing to cash out a bit in addition.

9. JorfimusPrime

News Credits:
    Bumped and edited.