First Edition's release thoughts-

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by anikenvader, Jul 15, 2012.

1. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    I was thinking, and with what I've read from SDCC and various threads, the thought of First Edition hitting the U.S is either up hill or down.
    So I was wondering, what exactly does everyone think about them finally hitting? Glad you can get them, or mad because the money shelled out on importing them?

Personally, I got all of the one's released, got Bulkhead from BBTS for a good chunk, but able to get a good trade for it, and shelled out the same amount for a Hasbro version of the FE Bulkhead, and found most of the deluxes at Toys'R'us, but I'm not really upset about spending so much. So, what about you?

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if they are TRU Exclusives as ppl claim i'll be very upset.

if they get worldwide mass retail release, i'll be happy :) 

3. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I'm excited about the prospect of actually being able to find these figures at retail after the only FE I ever saw in a store was Bumblebee--which I passed on because I already had last year's NYCC set. I did grab a Starscream from Amazon (for about 350% markup over retail...) but I couldn't justify spending upwards of $90 on a Bulkhead, and something like this happening was exactly why.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    At this point, I just don't care. I mean I've already gotten what I wanted and don't even see the need to have a second Prime Optimus or a second Prime Clifjumper since it'll end up being another waste that will go in my eventual things to get sell bin.

5. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Well, by this stage of the game, I've gotten the FE's I wanted...and yes I shelled out a good amount of cash to get what I wanted because I couldn't get them here. I don't regret it at all, it was my choice, but I'm sort of lukewarm to the idea of them getting re-released. I am, however, really glad that those who didn't get them here in the states before have a new opportunity to get them :) 

6. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I'm rather happy that I may have a chance to pick up a few First Edition Vehicons for retail, rather than import 'em. And I'm glad that more people will have a shot at these.

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    A day late and a dollar short. I got what I wanted already, so it doesn't bother me.

8. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I've got the FE deluxe molds other than the Vehicon already, and I don't think the Vehicon looks that great. I'm mainly excited about Prime and Bulkhead, whose mold I don't own any form of yet.

9. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I wasn't really interested in getting many Primes last year, maybe arcee and bulkhead was a definite maybe, but I wanted to have him in-hand to decide if he should be mine. Now I get a second chance at arcee and bulkhead has a chance to be on my shelf.
    On that note, how does fe bulkhead look next to rts lugnut?
    Also, I think its humorous that bumblebee isn't offered. Was it Hasbro or was it tru? Maybe Hasbro is finally learning?

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    It sucks that it took a year and we still don't have all the details. But I'll gladly take any opportunity to purchase more Vehicons, especially off a store-shelf for retail price. That'll be a neat bonus!

11. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I already picked up the first wave of deluxes and a Takara Bulkhead. I would buy a Voyager Prime since I didn't want to pay the inflated prices back then. Also moar Vehicons would be nice.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I'm only dimly interested in Prime and don't have much access to a TRU, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Zombie Cliffjumper was the only one I found even remotely interesting, so I guess thanks to the internet I now have a better chance at getting it for a decent price. If, of course, I ever decide to get it.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I'm thrilled. I can finally shut Dran0n up about his FE Prime that I don't have.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I think it's great for those who want them but aren't willing to pay inflated prices to get them.

15. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    will for me i give props to hasbro for listing to the fanbase. and for me it ez for me to spend a the 5$+ for a colliecter frendly fig. and the ones i plan to get
    voyager optimus
    voyager bulkhead
    dlx cliff
    optimus vs megatron
    vheicon(maybe)

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Now if only Takara would re-release FE Bulkhead and FE Prime :) 

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a pure valentine from Hasbro IMO. I'm very excited to get FE Optimus. I overpaid a bit for Bulkhead, but not the first time.

I'm glad I'll get my satisfactory show cast of Autobots after all. And I'm glad I didn't buy Voyagers that repelled me just because they existed.

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm pretty happy with this. I get to pick up FE Optimus and everyone should get a chance to own these great molds.

19. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can't wait to pick up starscream and maybe cliffjumper.

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Wait, this means I get another go at FE Starscream.

Fuck all the praise I've ever given the Voyager, I'm getting fuckin' Deluxe Starscream!