First Edition Starscream.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Takara vs. Hasbro Starscream

1. Takara is better.

17.4%
  2. Hasbro is better.

82.6%
  1. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Hey, guys, sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and found nothing. I was looking at Takara Starscream and Hasbro Starscream (Prime First Edition) pictures online, and can't tell which I like more. The Takara replaced the Hasbro's dark grey with black, but I don't think Starscream has black on the show, does he? I am considering buying them on Amazon.com, and can't tell what to get, but they are the same price. Please advise me. Thank you!

2. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was wondering this myself for a while. He ended up being my first TFP figure when I saw him on sale for $10 (should have bought the rest then and there, bah!), so I figured why not?

Neither emerges as a clear winner, from what I can tell. I don't believe he's got any black on him either, but it's really too bad that neither version has the proper red Decepticon symbol, the correct missiles, or the red helmet crest. I'm sure there are other bits I'm forgetting too.

Since neither is 100% show accurate I would just go with Hasbro, since he seems to be pretty easy to get. Some of the Takara versions are clearly better, but in this case I don't think the extra cost is worth it.

We really should have had these threads for each TFP First Editions, to be quite honest.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

There's not enough of a difference to call one deco better than the other. Just get whichever's cheaper and get a red Sharpie. You should be good to go.

4. Duwian

Thanks guys. They're both 39.99 on Amazon right now. DPrime, you said the Hasbro version is easy to get? Where can I get it?

5. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm, well it was still available at the nearest TRU here, but I'm in Canada, so that's "relatively speaking", I suppose. Not as much as Bumblebee, obviously.

I might be able to pick one up for you, if they're still available next time I go - PM me if interested...

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I voted Hasbro because I own it and bought it at retail on sale :p 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hasbro since it should have costed less than Takara's.

8. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
  9. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I got the Takara. Honestly though Id say either or works. Cheaper is always better. At the time when I got mine , the US an the Japan version were both the same price.

10. Steroid Prime

Steroid Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most people are voting because hasbro's is cheaper or they havn't even seen the takara version so this poll is one sided.

One isn't better than the other because they are the same except Takara has a darker paint job. The question should have been - Which paint job do you prefer?

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I preordered TakTom FE Bulkhead, I added Starscream in the cart just because. He is great, but it's not because of the paint. The mould is just fantactic. I recommend getting whichever version easier for you to get. You won't be disappointed :)  I'd get Hasbro one, too if I could. (Probably not the Entertainment pack one...I backtrack and say the paint matters to some extent, for me anyway.)

12. Duwian

I see, thank you! That may be where I get mine if I decide to go Hasbro, which I think I will.

You are quite right.

I agree on the greatness of the mould. I've watched about 10 different Youtube reviews of the figure, and I know I want one. Since the paint matters to some extent to me too, and I think the Hasbro one looks better (in my opinion), and they're the same price right now I think I'm going to go with the Hasbro ASAP. Is Amazon my only option at this point? Or ebay?

Thanks again for the help everyone! :) 

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I sharpied mine, and while I kinda did a bad job, it gives off some sort of an antique vibe to the missiles which makes sense, so yeah. In either case, I still think Starscream's the best TF Prime figure we have, and it doesn't matter which one.