First Edition Rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agent j 15, Mar 24, 2012.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I haven't paid full price for any of my FE figures. I managed to get all six of the American FE's through TRU.ca for something around 30% off. More for Arcee, who I just ordered for $10 Cad. I really wish these didn't sell out so damn fast, because if they lasted at those prices somebody more capable then me could have gotten them to fans from other countries.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Ah.

Just support our local scalpers here in Canada. I need those BBs cleared out before classics comes in. Scalpers do help out in a way.

3. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well what happened in my area was my Toysrus,never got any FE's in what so ever.Me and my friend took turns looking almost everyday and nothing.I knew I could get some at a place called Franks and Sons close by but the price would be high and figured Id wait till they show up in Target or Walmart.Then found out they were cancelled which was a bummer.

Now my Toysrus has the PRID line in and its nothing but a wall of BBs.

4. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

The whole FE situation is just a shame. There were some excellent toys released ... and as a fan I want to own, and want other collectors/kids to be able to own, excellent toys - for a price their manufacturing process dictates they're worth.

Do I have sense of entitlement? Perhaps, but I don't think expecting a company, who deal in the mass market of toys, delivering as high a quality a product they can afford, to a market that has always supported them is asking too much.

5. Fartini

Fartini Banned

^60$+? Your raging over him being that much? That's a decent price, more decent than the 80 shipped I paid for mine. It isn't that you're whining about it really, everyone got pissed and definitely us in the States since they released them on the same damn continent. You're just dragging up something from months ago. :deadhorse: 

It happens every week or so though. Someone suddenly finds about the FE fiasco and does this, every week or so. It's Hasbro. They do something like this in just about every line to one country or another since they came out. It was just us this time (and Windcharger last time, and the FE packs but they promised to try and get us FE stuff back out, then announce the release of ANOTHER NON-US FE pack right after saying it) and yeah it blows. I highly doubt us getting these gems re-issued, been there before. Sometimes you just gotta pay the piper if you want that sweet plastic crack. Sometimes you just gotta dance naked in the rain.....Wooooaaaahhhhaaaaaahhhooooohhhaaaaaaahhh :lol  Welcome to collecting Transformers Euro-style for a bit I guess my man, it's not going to change. Vicious cycle indeed.

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Meanwhile at hasbro transformers HQ

Employee 1 : We did great with the first editon
    Employee 2 : Yea but it would be better if they had popping up heads and some bad paint
    Employee 1 : But...
    Employee 3 : Yea that would be totaly awsome and we wouldnt piss of the collectors!
    Employee 4 : We should make them smaller too!
    Employee 2 : You guys are so awsome at ideas we should make arcee with giant inaccuarate wings and colours!
    All (apart from employee 1) : YEA *Brofist*
    Employee 1 : .....

With bad paint I mean in accurate cliffjumper colours and arcee's blue is to light

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They still do, but FE's cancellation was a number of factors brought about by unforeseen circumstances. It was a tiny run set between mainlines delayed by the previous one and cut off by the net.

8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Aren't these being rereleased as similar repaints? I need at least 2 more Primes and maybe another Bulkhead.