First Edition Rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agent j 15, Mar 24, 2012.

1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Unfuckwittable

Alright, this is the first "Long" post of mine, so forgive any rookie mistakes I might make. This is just something that made me extremely mad.

[​IMG]

The First Edition line is a line I knew I would go nuts for. After waiting for a new toy line after the travesty of the Dark Of The Moon toys, I was ecstatic. I knew my goal was collect as many figures from the line as I could. So, throughout the whole lines life, through it's birth and death, how many figures did I collect?

One.

Just one.

This one.
    [​IMG]

How did Hasbro screw up on the First Edition line so poorly? Never mind the fact that if you were a U.S. fan, you would have to pay higher prices if you wanted Cliffjumper, or Bulkhead, or without a doubt, one of the best Optimus Prime's in recent years. The entire line was just a flub. It's timing was handled poorly; it was released off the tail of the Dark Of The Moon line (which in my opinion, is the worst movie toy line, and one of the weakest Transformers toy lines in recent memory, but that's a rant for another time), so stores wouldn't order them in favor of MORE Dark Of The Moon toys, since they figured the last Movie lines went great for them.

What I'm trying to say here; Hasbro screwed up big time on First Edition. It wouldn't be such a big deal, if THE ENTIRE LINE WASN'T ALL NEW MOLDS. To my knowledge, there are no plans to re-release or repaint ANY molds from this line. So the excellent voyager molds won't be easy to come by. It just doesn't make sense how Hasbro would screw their fans over.

However, I must say, the new Robots In Disguise line...has some undeniably excellent molds. From the Cyberverse figures to the Deluxe's to even some of the Voyagers, it's just good figures. The poor handling of the First Edition line just makes me facepalm with regret. But, maybe I'm just somewhat butthurt because this figure:
    [​IMG]
    will most likely never be in collection. Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to use my "Scumbag Hasbro" picture. Whatever the reason, I get the feeling that the First Edition line will be remembered as a flub. With that, I thank you for reading one of my first posts.

2. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

That Optimus does look ridiculously awesome.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    That 'Advice Hasbro' macro has soooooo much hilarious potential.

4. transfan681

transfan681 Retired TF Collector

News Credits:
    the reson why hasbro miss up was they only sold FE line to toy r us. they never try to sell FE toys to walmart target etc. also the FE toy wer more made for fans with lil gimicks and harder trasformions . and hasbro has said that they will try to realease FE molds in the TFPRID line.......................but no promises.
    so yah it hasbro falt for not offring no one but TOY R OVERPRICE BI#*HS

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still remember when everyone thought BBTS was lying because they said First Edition would be limited and TRU only. Ha, so much for that.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey they will come back. Also FE bumblebee is still available on HTS for $12. SO....

7. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont buy it. I cant see them making the tooling for those, shit, even the packages were new right (on bigger ones) ? And never doing anything with it...no way...I expect no less than 5 bumblebee repaints.
    Bet they will come out as a "supreme" class or something later on at a higher price point.

9. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I feel your pain, since I would love to have the Voyager Bulkhead, and Optimus Prime, as well as the Entertainment pack...and of course Cliffjumper and a Vehicon. Hasbro depends TOO much on retail stores, and REALLY needs to have their own online store to sell their toys at. This isn't 1998 anymore people! Internet stores should be the norm by now.

I just finished watching Season 1 of Prime on DVD, and they had a special feature about the cartoon (and more importantly the toys) and what did they show? The FE figures of course. A real slap in the face to anyone in the U.S. who watched that. -_-

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL Where to start...

Hasbro offers to everyone. Retailers have to order it. Walmart and Target were still stuck with DotM cases and full pegs, so they didn't buy First Edition cases. Toys R Us ordered First Edition cases because they order everything.

Walmart and Target are the two largest toy retailers in the country (and probably the world). If they don't order your stock, then you're not going to make any money. Hasbro calls it day, says "hey, we tried," and cancels the line. Because Walmart and Target were too overstocked with DotM to order FE.

And I don't care what some Rep said in an interview. Of course they're not going to point fingers and say "well, it's their fault." That's just bad business. Even if we know it's the truth.

11. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    LOL!

12. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

You're in Malaysia right? Didn't TRUs there get enough of them? You must have a good reason to wait that long.

13. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    This right here.

It boggles the mind that someone would actually believe that Hasbro didn't offer FE to Wal-Mart. That takes a major disconnect from reality, or sheer, outright ignorance. Hasbro doesn't make money by being stupid.

The fact is that retailers over-ordered DOTM toys, and they didn't move those toys in the numbers they hoped for. As a result the toys hung around far too long and they weren't interested in FE. We still have DOTM toys out there in significant numbers in some areas. Some toy-watchers have reported seeing more DOTM toys hit the shelves as the stores try to move the stock.

Do you think Wal-Mart (or Target for that matter) is going to make room for a sub-line like FE when it still has DOTM toys clogging shelves? Get real. This is just another example of how spoiled this fandom is at times, and how rampant entitlement is.

But hey, let's not let things like logic and reason stand in the way of the Hasbro-hate.

14. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Yes, that is true and DOTM is clogging shelves in every store in my area as we speak, still!! But, where Hasbro missed with FE's is that they claim they were available to everyone yet, they didn't even make many of them ever available on their own online store hasbrotoyshop.com If they had done that and actually allowed collectors to get them through at least that one venue, we wouldn't have reason to complain. But I didn't ever see any voyagers, or vehicons or cliffjumpers available on there. Maybe some of you did?

15. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

... This fucking thread. Why? I don't even know what to call it. It isn't really a zombie, because it is a whole new thread... But, it is the same monster on its own. Vampire? Nah, that is so cliche'... And it isn't really a ghost... because there has been a fuck storm of this creature...

Eh, for the time being. I shall call it a Dopant. "Bitchyfandom".

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

HasbroToyShop is not handled by Hasbro themselves, but by a vendor (meaning a company licensed by contract with Hasbro).

17. droseprime1

droseprime1 Well-Known Member

dude. chill tfo

haha, but the prices they're going for now even makes tru's prices look good.

true that.

One question though, didn't fe deluxe screamer, bee, and arcee sell super quick?
    So wouldn't they of known that these fe figures would too? It sucks that the crappy dotm toys r the reason we didn't get the sick fe line and the long awaited dotm wave 6. They really should release the good stuff first from now on.

18. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I'd say, "obviously you are new here" But... obviously you are new here.

Just, do me a favour. Use the search function on the forum and look up the fuckstorm ammount of -this- thread on this website. =P

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    *pets*

Also it didn't help FE came out right before another mainline which shares the same name, which probably made it even less enticing.

20. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

I think you guys scared the dude away...