First dotm review! (no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sharpy39, May 14, 2011.

1. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Capone is one dumbass reviewer. He sounds like the kind of person who cried during the plane falling off the cliff in 2012 (and yes someone did start crying after they screamed "Nooo!" right in the middle of the theater when I saw 2012).

Wow does this movie sound like a pile of crap. I am amused at the attempt to have a plot, but almost disgusted by the interjecting of TF's into the Space Program and the Chernobyl disaster.

This kind of pseudo-history-science-fiction is right out of the Megashark movies. I would not be surprised if the Dinocroc appeared in this film since it obviously has the same structure.

I must also begrudgingly admit the prospect of Rosie in the worlds tightest clothes does almost nothing for me. But then again I am and old dude who has actually been laid, so the prospects of a twenty something being dressed up as a doll isn't very appealing. It's a device created by Bay to once more pander to the lowest common desires of horny teenage boys so they won't notice the vast lack of plot that this franchise suffers from.

Speaking of really bad plot devices, and hour long battle? Really?

I am happy that Skidz and Mudflap (I.E. Amos and Andy from space) have little screen time. They were quite possibly one of the most offensive African American stereotypes that have been portrayed in American films in the last 75 years.

However, I am not happy the Witwicky Parents are still alive.

Overall this sounds like an adolescent sci-fi fanfic gone way way to far. It is not really any bragging rights on Bay's part if this turns out to be the "Best of the series" as he set the bar less than an inch of the ground with the first two catastrophes.

2. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

awesome news great to hear it. i'm hoping to see a midnight showing!!

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Sounds badass!!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    His opinion might also be skewed because of his attachment to Chicago.

It will be interesting to see what he thinks of it a few weeks down the line, when he had time to reflect on it.

5. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Because they talk gansta it means they're black? I'm sorry but they're not racist. connecting gangster wannabe characters as black people is racist. And you hear yourself right? Your passing judgement on a film you have yet to see and know very little about. I like the use of world events as it inserts disasters like Chernobyl and Tunguska into the minds of the regular populace.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It might not be a continuous stream of battles though. Sure, there will be action scenes aplenty, but there might also be plenty of breather moments.

7. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of those twins better die.

8. HypnoFirework

HypnoFirework Elcor

it sounds like it has a good plot this time around

9. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

true, but its old news. anyone surfing the boards here for the last month knows it.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    An encouraging first review!

11. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Possibly. But he admitted his bias up front, so he's aware of it, and – honestly – the other elements he talks about sound great quite apart from where the action takes place. The plot points that leaked so far look amazing on paper, and his description of the details sounds like Bay and company may have done them justice in the execution. Here's hoping.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Refusing to get excited following RotF - but this is certainly promising. :D 

If it meets the 07 movie then I'll consider it a job well done. I genuinely enjoyed that one.

13. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

"There's one scene where Sam and Lennox are fighting a single Decepticon alone, and they manage to bring it down after a long, hard fight. Somehow, that small moment resonates so much louder than bombs and explosions that take out several bad-guy robots and half a city block at once (oh, don't worry, there's plenty of that as well)."

I know who that is!

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    "- Sam's parents are barely in the film."

Dang it, Kevin Dunn is one of the single most under appreceated Actors in Hollywood.

15. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. Seansy

Seansy Me Grimlock say Go Do One

Ebay:
    I'll pm you if this is the case just to be sure. More annoyed of it being placed in plain view! I've done well to not know how the final HP ends before I watch the film (before anyone states "books are better" I am an eternal procrastinator with reading!).

Driftx3, surely you're not expecting something cerebral from a brand based upon children's toys?? You read a POV from someone with a viewpoint based upon watching a lore he's never connected with; you're a fan (1500+ collection allegedly) who must've bought into it enough to be "old" and still following it!

Seán

17. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

first review is positive. thats a good sign

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Sounds good. Unsurprizingly, there have been negative responses ALREADY but such stupidity withstanding, sounds like Bay has put forth the best effort possible to make this a good movie.

Seriously some of the complaints are stupid... The female lead in action flicks is always sexy and made to look so, amazingly in real life, hot women usually dress sexy! Its crazy I know.

Injecting the characters in real world events is stupid? It grounds things in reality... seems Ehren Kruger did a good job... the Space Race and Chernobyl always had a bit of mystery to them. Sounds cool for those who are versed in history, and won't matter to those too young or uninformed to know about it.

Looking more forward to this after this review... the darkness and overall plot sound better than the first and second movie. We'll find out if this is a biased review in a few weeks when more reviews roll in.

20. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

I do wish sams parents are featured alittle more. I like Kevin Dunns acting. He had my favorite acting scene in ROTF. When he had that letting Sam go scene.