First Cyberverse clip

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Animation is not awful.

Bumblebee sucks.
    Windblade's wings disappear, but BB's car doors don't?
    Thundercracker is an idiot who doesn't have any weapons? Also, why is he the same size as BB?

Looks to be more of the same crap as RiD. Pass.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Yeah, the wing thing bothered me as well. For one, I can't tell where she'd be storing them. Are they segmented so she can fold them into a kind of backbag? Do they go into the same subspace as Prime's trailer?

I can see an in-universe reason for them disappearing; it'd be more convenient for fliers when they have to go about their daily routine but I'm still not fond of this change because, well, I like it when characters have their alt. mode parts visible in some way. Optimus Prime has his grill, stacks and wheels, for example.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    images.png

• Like Like x 5
  4. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

Shows promise.

I just hate when BB doesn't talk. I guess this is how kids today know him, but talking TV is a gimmick that got old even with Wreck-Gar. Using clips, especially fake made up ones, is worse.
    Do we really need a show where the protagonist ALWAYS does this?
    Is this just how kids talk nowadays, anyway???
    I'm going to go be old over here, now....

• Like Like x 6
  5. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

That's a good point. Although his car doors aren't as essential as wings would be to a flier, they would still be inconvenient in battle and the glass would make them easily breakable. It'd only make sense that he'd be able to fold them up and be a bit nonsensical if he can't.

For that matter, why did Windblade extend her wings during the battle? I suppose it could just be because she might need to use them and so wanted to be prepared.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

He talked in RID. I know it's not the same continuity as Cyberverse but it was the preceeding series so young kids do know of least one Bumblebee who doesn't use the radio gimmick.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 5
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I made peace a long time ago that these shows are made for children, and I happen to be engaged by them. When they DO throw us a show catering to us, it's Combiner Wars. This is leaps and bounds above CW, so that's a plus. All in all, I think my daughter will love this show.

• Like Like x 5
  9. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Bumblebee losing his memory is purposely done to keep it in line with his spin-off film with his memory core damaged?

• Like Like x 7
  10. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I’ll start by saying that the animation is better than the Prime Wars Trilogy and I did watch all of that. Though, maybe like the first two legs, I should wait for this to wrap up and watch it in a single sitting, since the run time will probably be close to two hours for the first season.

Though, I would also prefer that the MacGuffin not be the AllSpark. Let’s make progress away from that, please. Doesn’t have to be the matrix or any new macguffin, either.

But, this also probably isn’t the time for that. Instead, revising the continuity is due for next year.

Here’s the thing, though—

Wreck Gar moves his lips when he talks! :lol 

Of course, Wreck Gar is similar to Wheelie, in some instances, in that he can clearly talk but that he chooses to have a highly effected and ostentatious style of enunciating, announcing instead that he’s a bit of dick.

Bumblebee not moving his mouth at all has us crashing into the uncanny valley.

I also would’ve liked to hear a little more snarling and a bit of banter from Thundercracker.

But, mostly, I hope the actress voicing Windblade gets better direction, since I rarely will blame the talent and not the studio.

I’ve seen Memento, but, unlike that, obviously Cityspeaker Windblade is gunna climb into Bumblebutt’s brain, kinda like something Mairghread Scott has done before... :D 

The seekers are actually really big RC model airplanes! :p 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

There goes my headcanon that jetformers' wings have hyper-sensitive neurons and pain receptors so the TF is careful with them because they're a vital part of their alt-mode, and are therefore a crippling weakpoint in combat...

• Like Like x 2
  12. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What happened to making cartoons good?

• Like Like x 4
  13. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jesus Christ this looks terrible. The animation quality has gotten worse and worse since Prime. And oh look, Bees back to using a radio instead of his voice....how original.

• Like Like x 3
  14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    2/3 of what Cartoon Network puts out combined with the ADHDHDHDHDHDHD of kids nowadays. You about have to make something look like an app to keep their interest.

• Like Like x 6
  15. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

I kinda like it. Not 'collect the line like it' but it looks like a fun series. However Winblades face reminds me of Jig-saw from the Saw movies. "Bumblebee, let's play a game."

• Like Like x 3
  16. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I don't care for Bumblebee talking by radio again, but I think a lot of people here need to realize something - at this point thanks to the movies more people have watched or grown up with Radiobee than ever watched or read any of his speaking appearances. Hasbro is not making this show for us, they're making the show for all the kids who have no idea about speaking Bee. Accurate or not, I assume Hasbro's thought process is that those kids would have the same reaction to a talking Bee that we have to Radiobee. And yes, I know he was talking just recently in RiD. But this is clearly being timed with the new movie.

Anyways, I like the designs for the most part, the voice work is good,and the animation is mostly good, except the limbs seem disconnected at times. Bumblebee's personality is striking me as a little to "10 - 12 year old kid insert" for my tastes, but not to the point I hate it so far. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    lol at this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

He is quite annoying. He's like animated BumbleBee merged with WreckGar. I think he will become less 'silly' as the show progresses and his PTSD.. I mean memories return.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh no, BB uses the radio to talk. That is so annoying, I really liked him in Animated and RID2015. He seems a bit autistic here to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Kill it! Kill it with tox-en based fire!