Well....I finally did it.... I took the plunge to become a 'customizer.' After watching folks for a while and asking some questions, I was faced with a couple conclusions: 1. I should start small 2. I was going to screw up in the early going because I'm new at this. That said, I looked for a small project. I had purchased a KO Cliffjumper, because I missed the original one....and...well...it sucks. So, I decided to fix that for my first project. Started by taking the bugger apart. Then I replaced the head with a WFC Cliff head. Next I started masking stuff off for painting. I decided to use a metallic color as close to the red on the new noggin as I could get. FIRST FAIL: I neglected to note that, when purchasing the first can of spray paint, I didn't hear the little mixer thingie in the can. When I got it home, I discovered that the paint had congealed inside the can. (D'oh!) Went back to store and exchanged can....made sure to hear mixer thingie in can first this time. I then avoided another fail by remembering that when they made the KO they put some type of relief logo on the ass-end of Cliff. So...I ground that stuff off. SECOND FAIL: Neglected to watch the way the wind was blowing when putting first coat of paint on and caught not only myself, but a small patch of the siding on the back of the house. Used some handy nail polish remover to take it off the siding to avoid an ultimate fail of advertising my mistake to the freakin' world. So...It's not going perfect so far, but I'm learning. So in any event, here are some pics of my progress. Please be gentle; it is, after all, my first crack at this. Dex 5/8/11: UPDATE Well I put more paint on...then I removed the tape, etc. From there I've added some black to areas that needed it (side windows, interior or grill, etc. I haven't completely decided if I'm going to paint the seats black or let them the bright red for some contrast. Next up with be the headlights and tail lights along with adding the head back on.