First Class of Inductees to the TFHOF... My Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

The first class inducted to the HOF MUST be epic. The best of the best will be included in this group. Remember this is the Hall Of FAME, not the Hall of the Very Good. Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatrom, Starscream, and the yet to be elected fifth member are the backbone of the franchise. These characters cross generations and continuities. Just think of the first class inducted in the MLBHOF. Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson and Walter Johnson are the greatest of the great prior to the opening of the MLBHOF. My thoughts on the fifth member turn me toward Soundwave. He has a huge fandom and his character has transcended generations just like the others. The only other one in this group to hold that distinction is Grimlock. But Soundwave has to be in the first class.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I disagree. Dinobot from Beast Wars has just as many credentials as Soundwave. IMO, the only reason Soundwave will get in as the 5th member rather than Dinobot (don't get me wrong, cuz he is deserving) is because he is from G1.

Dinobot had more personality, more honor, and by far had a more outstanding shining moment in "Code of Hero."

Soundwave is deserving, but Dinobot is getting shafted here IMO.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Agreed. Soundwave may be in the hearts of tons of people, but Dinobot had a much better story and character.

It wouldn't be fair if only G1 characters were in the HoF. Technically, yes, Dinobot is G1, but you know what I mean.

Dinobot must win. If he doesn't win here, then he better be inducted as number six. But in all likelihood, people will vote for Soundwave. :banghead: 

4. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Your username and sig make me doubt your impartiality :wink: 

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I think the 'lamens recognition' should count for something in the HoF...Soundwave is easily identifiable outside of the fandom. As much as I like Dinobot I can still admit he doesn't have that same ability.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Believe me, I love Soundwave as much as anybody. He's Soundwave for crying out loud. But I think Dinobot should be chosen to break the mould - just because the general public recognizes Soundwave to some extent, the Hall of Fame isn't just for glittering names.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would rather it be soundwave, just because most people remember him outside the fandom

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Soundwave is overrated.

Dinobot would be my choice.

It's not even close IMO.

9. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 All Hail Unicron!!!

I have much respect for the character development and story lines involving Dinobot. However, he was only featured in one series. He wasn't even around for the entire run of Beast Wars. He should be the first Beast Wars character elected. I would have to compare him to Roberto Clemente or Kirby Puckett. His career was short, but he made a huge impact. He deserves to be in, just not in the initial class.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Yeah I have no problem with Soundwave, he's a cool character to me. But Beast Wars Dinobot is by far better. Other then G1 Prime's death, his death is near the same level. Unlike some cons, you can almost feel his pain. Predacon history or own code of honor. Letting BW Megatron change history for the Decepticons or saving the humans. Knowing that the Autobots would win from doing so.

It's like comparing Wheelie to Prime.

Soundwave will get in sooner or later, but in a ocean of Autobots and Decepticons. My generation (Maximals, Predacons, and Vehicons) are pretty much fighting a losing battle. Be nice to atleast get one in this.

The G1 era has the top four lock in, atleast give something for the post G1 fans in the first class.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dinobot by a mile over soundwave, is this the G1 or Transformers hall of fame? If it is the TRANSFORMERS hall of fame, dinobot wins easy.

However, I know Prime/Megatron are getting in but what versions? Is it G1 Megatron, BW MEgatron or just all of them?

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dinobot is an excellent candidate. He had a great personality and internal conflicts as well as external ones (battling members of both factions), but in the end he was a true hero. I actually cried during the end of Code of Hero; I know personally that if I'm weeping over a character's death then that character had some great characterization (granted, I was like ten). I think he should be in the Hall of Fame at some point for sure.
    He just won't this time around because all the other inductees are G1 characters, and Soundwave or Grimlock will get the spot easily because, as others have said, they are more widely recognizable outside of the fandom.
    I'd love to see Optimus Primal, BW Megatron, and Waspinator get into the Hall of Fame someday, too.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Dinobot is always going to have a hard time getting on this list, thanks to how many people out there are going to be hell bent on keeping it as G1-centric as possible. Gnaw will likely get in the hall of fame before Dinobot.

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe next round it'll be all Beast Wars/Machines characters, who knows?

In which case, Primal, Dinobot, Megatron (TMII), Cheetor (BM) , and Rampage, plz.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Unfortunately true.

Plus everyone's going to vote for Soundwave, despite having as much character as a paper towel.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Ravage would win.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad Soundwave is getting in. Hopefully Grimlock or Jazz are next in line. It's sad how G1 is so hated and disrespected.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    where the hell is this "hate" and "disrespect" you speak of?

just because people want a non-G1 character in this doesnt mean G1 is hated or disrespected.

19. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    That's right, I respect G1. G1 Hound is my favorite Autobot.

But this is a Transformers Hall of Fame. It's more then G1, it's all the series. If it was up to me, I would have one character from each series in the first class. Instead it's a ocean of G1 and a rain drop of Beast Wars. It really needs to be more equal.

Do a series of polls for each series. Take the top five favorite of each series and then who gets the most votes, goes into the hall of fame. That way all fans are happy.

20. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave is iconic. So many people remember "the tape deck from Transformers". Plus, like the other inductees, "Soundwave" transcends G1. Cybertron, Animated, ROTF. BW Dinobot maybe the single most fully-formed character in the history of TF fiction, but nobody knows who he is outside the fandom. Also, I'd say that practically no one outside the fandom has any respect for TF fiction anyway. So I'd say, the only thing to judge are hard stats like incarnations. "Megatron" has been and will most likely forever be in every TF series, and, aside from the Beast Era pun, the same goes for Optimus Prime. "Dinobot" in BW is just too precise a character in too short an arc for him ever to maintain that kind of longevity.