First Bad DOTM Review?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

2. parraman

parraman IRONHIDE FTW!

Despite the fact that i'm still pumped for DOTM, this review has lowered my expectations just a teeny-tiny bit. It does contain several things people have been worrying about like excessively violent Autobots...But since when has that been a bad thing!? :D 

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will say this once; I don't give a damn what critics think. I respect their opinion but they don't know what I enjoy and what I hate, so I don't care if they hate the movie because it won't be the first time I've disagreed with them.

4. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not worried one bit, I know I'll love the film.

5. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    This guy sounds like a typical bay hater

6. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    Well, there are currently 4 critic reviews on Rotten tomatoes and 3 of them are fresh. I think everybody knew that this movie wasn't going to get a 90%+ (or even 80%+) positive review w/ all the Bay haters out there. The reviewer from Cinema Autopsy wasn't going to like the movie no matter what - he had his mind made up already before he watched the film. He's looking for the next Citizen Kane - which the the Transformers films are not and don't intend to be.

Who cares really? In the end, it only matters what you personally think of the film.

7. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To quote the article :-

"The hyper-conservative agenda in this film is so pronounced that it almost renders parodies like Team America: World Police redundant. Like the previous films in the franchise, it positions the military as the good guys who know what’s best while the government characters are all bureaucrats who stand in the way of what needs to be done."

Sounds good to me :) 

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not only does the reviewer sound like a Bay hater, but also a truth hater too

9. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great news imo, if the critics loved this then I would probably not want to go and see it.

The films most of the critics rave about, who at the same time will bomb transformers and Bay films, are usually the films I have watched and gone meh.

Bay = disengage brain + action = mind blown…..if I want intellectual and tiered conscious challenges with a modicum of revelation and enlightenment, I go to work not the cinema.

10. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

excessively violent Autobots is a good thing IMO :) 

11. Jazz210

Jazz210 Special Ops

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It seems like he didnt hav any tfs wen he wuz a kid nd now hates the fact that theres 3 live action movies. Hes a Total DOUCHE BAG nd has a tampon stuck to far up his who who!!!

12. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Anyone who thinks the Autobots are too violent in the film franchise is never allowed to be on my team in online gaming. #playtowin

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    well fuck every critics who believe a movie is suppose to be some drama bullshit. I dont listen to nobody. and if you let another person dictates what you like, feel badfor you....to me a critic is someone who isnt a good enough actor,director or writer....

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't really like the overly aggressive Autobots of the movie either, but it seems clear to me the person reviewing here had his mind set on hating this movie anyway.

I'm not pretending DOTM will not have flaws, but this review doesn't point out any, the guy is just using the current movie as a soapbox for his dislike of the overall franchise and the director.

I'll wait for some proper reviews that can point out bad things in DOTM without sounding so biased. Not that it matters I guess, going to see it myself this week.

15. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    so if the enemy is getting more violent, you are gonna get softer? so in war you just retreat? violent autobots? about time. all they did was run and let Prime do all the fighting....

16. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    according to some reviews, the autobots being overly aggressive is what you would actually want,given how "vicious" the cons are this time around.

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I doubt this guy watched the movie.

From the TV spots alone we've known there are a shit ton of shots that are continuous for over 5 seconds. Like the shot of the Decepticons emerging on the moon. That is all one shot. The camera is flowing all in one direction. Same with the shot of bumblebee transforming over the gas truck in slow motion.

Not to mention he can't find anything good to bitch about in DOTM so hes trying to cram in political bullshitting that Michael Bay is saying the Obama administration is weak and would cave to the decepticons. Even though Michael Bay once met Obama and both are fans of each other.

This critic needs to
    [​IMG]

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Critics wont like it because it's not oscar material. Fans will love it, just like ROTF which made almost 1 billion dollars, because it's what we want, Giant fucking robots kicking each others asses.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    This.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh great a bad review so the fan boys can try to top each other in their vile and venom toward any and all film critics because how dare a film critic ever say anything bad about a film that has fan boys.

Very few films get a positive review from every single critic. It's hard for any film to nail every single aspect of film making. Even a film series like Lord of the Ring only got 92 to 96% on the Tomato Meter so it's a little early to cry end of the world because of one bad review out of all the positive reviews so far.

Some critics even like to skewer a film just to make a name for themselves. Like the film critic who gave Toy Story 3 a bad review because he thought he could stand out from the crowd that way.

Plus I just don't know how much weight I'd give this particular review. It just sounded way too political and less about the actual film. You have to wonder if being politically pissed off might have painted the review in a harsher light than if the author wasn't bothered by some political undercurrent.