Minor/Repaint: First attempt at Repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by JAFOPrime, Mar 19, 2008.

1. JAFOPrime

JAFOPrime All work and no play.....

OK so I think this went fairly well for my first try. I used Axer because I had two of the set, Sideways to follow. My first thought with Axer is a police bike so I then thought of Prowl. Not original but I went for one easy and simple for my first. Any pointers or advice is more than welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
  3. JAFOPrime

JAFOPrime All work and no play.....

Thanks. I like your Cybertronian patrol. The Police on the windshields, moto's and numbers are great. Wish I had thought of it.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props man :)  I've actually changed the name to "IACON POLICE", of which I have updated the label designs and such for.

"to protect and to serve" is essentially the motto of the American police in reality, which is where I draw my source from there (I credit myself with research only there :lol ). The rest is my original design :) 

The G2 molds for the bikes are really excellent (I've had plans to make some customs out of the Sideways mold, though nothing like the cool custom Jazz you've made in your other thread), but just hadn't gotten to it.

For my purposes (Alternators/Binal Tech customs), I wish the mold were 1:24 exactly, but I can live with this/I] mold being oversized. The Energon Arcee mold is closer [this G2 mold is probably a bit closer to 1:18 truth be told) and I'll be doing more customs with that mold later down the line as well. Both molds are small enough to convey the size variation I want for my customs (Alts/BTs larger than motorcycles). Oddly enough, the original BT designers wanted to make 1:18 scale Harleys integrated in the BT line, but the idea was scrapped (/useless trivia).

Again, props on your work, man! I remember what it was like painting my 3 bikes white! It was a pain, but worth it ;) 

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    no reason you can add those in later :)  he just made his own labels. nice job, btw.

6. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Looking at the pictures I was originally expecting this to be a custom of Groove, not Prowl.

But good job nonetheless. Getting all that white paint onto a pure black toy must've been a complete pain in the ass.

7. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I did this into Groove as well, I think its a really cool little mold!!
    just noticed in your pics that from head on in bot mode the bikes forks are kind of reminiscent of prowls shoulder missiles. Me Likey!!

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

nice job I really like it