2D Artwork: First attempt at making own sig

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Rhinox007, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Hello all, this is my first attempt at making a sig. I used Gimp 2.0 but it was real pain in the a**. Tried to use different tools to adjust some colors in the center but it always turned out red. No matter how much I changed colors. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? And also, when I used the eraser, the program didn't gum. But I'm quite satisfied the way it turned out, could've been better but I'm just a newbie at this point.
    Background is from Lionsgate and you probably know from what that Optimus is. C&C's welcome.
    (if anyone has some tips, don't hesitate to give them).

Attached Files:

2. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

That's pretty awesome for someone new to digital art! Optimus blends with the background well, and the motto is inspiring. The only thing I'd suggest is making some effects to the text, but since you're new to this, it's good anyway. Great job :thumb 

3. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Thanks, still figuring out how to work with the text though. But I'll figure it out soon enough

4. rodimus_hotrod

rodimus_hotrod The Intelligent Idiot

id say damn excellent job bud :thumbs2: 

5. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Thanks a lot! Just made a new one to try it out. It's a sig for the Tf Tribune over at Fan Fiction, but I'm not quite proud of it -.-