Digibash: First attempt at a digibash (Classics Mirage into REFUSE) (BETTER) BOT MODE ADDED

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ThaConqueror, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

As one might've guessed from the thread title, here be my first ever digibash. I used Paint.net, Ravenxl7's digibash tutorial, a pic of Classics Mirage from tfu and my brand-new watermark made in MS Paint (I started drawing TF stuff usin' that, and it's follow me to the end!)

Ahem. Here is my new guy. Doesn't have a name yet. Might make him if/when I get into kitbashing, though he'll need a more cohesive paint scheme - I just kinda made this up as I went, though trying to stick to a 'hot' scheme, kinda. Maybe. Not really.

[ATT]11948[/ATT]

Please post any tips, and maybe requests if the first few posts lift my spirits enough.

UPDATE:

Have an alt mode!

[ATT]12001[/ATT]

Bio:

Refuse is always a worry for the leaders of Junk. Whereas most Junkions can heal themselves with whatever pile of scrap is handy, Refuse is way too focused on the speed on his newly salvaged alt-mode. He is also the worst example of a coward - at the first sign of an enemy, he immediatly transforms and speeds away. Some take this as compensation for his poor healing abilities.
    When eventually forced to fight, Refuse is almost impossible to hit. Dodging every shot, blocking every punch, he waits for the perfect opportunity to thrust his dagger right through the spark of his foe. It's a difficult task to get him to fight, but well worth the effort.

Motto:

"When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table"

(Better) robot mode coming soon!

NEW UPDATE:

[ATT]12186[/ATT]

See that yellow thing coming out of his gun? That's the tip of the Armada Star Saber. If/when I make this guy, I'll be shaving that down to a point. Fun.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Thats way better than i could do

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's actually really nice for your first digibash. It's nice to know that my tutorial is helping someone. Looks like your character could be a Junkion, as the color scheme reminds me a bit of Wreck-Gar. Keep up the good work :thumbs2: 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he looks very late G1 or G2. could make a good TF.

5. ThaConqueror

Thanks guys! A Junkion, eh Raven? Already a backstory, personality and name have formed in my mind. Now for a better picture to work from. To Seibertron.com!

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yep, the color scheme screams Junkion, imo. Good luck with the backstory and stuff. Still working on mine, though I've already come up with the entire basic story for it.

7. ThaConqueror

And now I have an alt mode for this new character, but how do I put it up? The standard image tags aren't working. I'm still new to the whole Radicons thingo. Help please?

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally use www.photobucket.com. All you have to do is upload your pictures to there, and then copy the Direct Link into the Picture Manager in the edit options and press upload.

9. ThaConqueror

Ah. Edit the first post. Gotcha. Won't take a sec...

EDIT: Done and dusted!

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Dude, I like your character, Refuse the bio, the look, and of course the name. Man this is very great work.

11. ThaConqueror

Thanks!

12. Ezilla82

Your welcome and it would be kickass if you made this bad boy. Oh hell yeah!

13. ThaConqueror

It's on my to-do list, along with re-shelling an Alt backwards and my Real Gear combiner.

14. Ezilla82

Sweetness.

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

My photos aren't good enough for you? :(  (I took the ones in OUR toy gallery)

16. ThaConqueror

No offence intended, mate, it's just that Seibertron's galleries are quite extensive. But just for you, I'll use one of your pics (which means we'll get to see what his weapon looks like! Better find an image of a sword so I can add the tip of it to the end of Mirage's gun so Refuse'll have his dagger).

EDIT: Currently working on the bot mode, but just to make things clear, I DO NOT OWN A CLASSICS MIRAGE. My knowing of which bits go where in each mode is based entirely based off online photos. Just thought I'd mention it, as my not-Mirage-owning made doing the vehicle rear was a bitch.

DOUBLE EDIT: Aaaaaand it's up.