Minor/Repaint: First Aid

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Feb 27, 2009.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Here we have a repainted Protectobot First Aid made from a Cybertron deluxe Red Alert (who was called First Aid in Galaxy Force). One thing I couldn't help but notice was how tiny this mold is compared to other deluxes (how the heck is it supposed to work as Kup?).

Anyway, I modded his head to make him look more like G1 First Aid, which unfortunately makes it stick out more in vehicle mode but I still like it. Sorry about the red flakes on the legs: I initially painted them red to match First Aid's color scheme. However, one I done so, I decided that I hated the look so I promptly rubbed it all off (turning the usual disadvantage of Liquitex Acrylics into an advantage :p ).

As for the other Protectobots... I'm trying to save up for a trip to Japan so I won't be buying anything for the time being. Once I start again, I'm planning on using RID Prowl for Streetwise. But I'm kinda stuck on Groove. You guys think Animated Prowl would work?

Attached Files:

2. E. C. R. Former

Erm... doesn't anybody have anything to say? :( 

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it looks amazing, how ever, the irony here, is i believe the japanese version of red alert, was named first aid... lol

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    It looks like the red stripes are just a little bit rough (looks like I see brush strokes) but otherwise this looks real good.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like the work on the head! I know we don't have many base molds [without reshelling] to make an updated First Aid from, but this mold doesn't really cut it for me. I don't fault you (or anyone else for this) either, but it always puzzled me as to why we never got a really cool ambulance Transformer. Most are F-350s with a EMS box instead of a bed. C'mon HasTakTOM, get a clue!

Anyways, keep up the good work buddy! :thumb 

6. E. C. R. Former

True, but that's partially because the Japanese don't use EMS box style ambulances. I once read somewhere on these forums someone describing Ratchet as a "minivan pretending to be an ambulace".

A much more accurate description would've been Japanese ambulance:

[​IMG]

Anyway, thanks for looking. I know its not the best mold but I still like it.

7. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    really please tell me the secret of the brush stroke i always leave streaks i hate it!

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    get a REALLY high grit number (400 or more) dip it in some water, and lightly sand with that in-between each coat of paint :)  SQ7 has mastered this technique, all his stuff is 100% hand painted this way.

9. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do almost all hand painting when I can and all you really need to do is thin you paints down a bit. takes a little while longer to build up full coverage but it will be smooth.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I know this, but most people making customs generally refer to the US ambulances. G1 Ratchet (and First Aid) sported a particular alt mode. Universe is intended to be an update in this regard. I think the success of the First Aid customs using the Cyb Red Alert mold is that the Dodge Charger pulls that off.

Thanks for the props buddy. :)  I tried my best to describe my process in detail when the Radicons Staff interviewed me in November. Feel free to go back and read it. Perhaps it will help ya :) 

11. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that Animated Prowl might work for Groove.

12. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    i love it

13. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like your protectobots :) 

For Groove: I think that good options are RotF Knockout mold, or G2 Roadpig mold.
    Those 2 would look good enough.