Firrib/rirfib

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Nov 1, 2011.

?

FIRRIB/RIRFIB

1. Rumble is blue, frenzy is red

58.8%
  2. Frenzy is blue, Rumble is red

41.2%
  1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

people always forget about the repaints and distant cousins of those guys: mumble and panzy. what colors are they?

2. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Oh jeez, dont' start this one again. MITPIP!!!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And swiftly ignored by people who more fondly remember the toys, or grew up with the Japanese version, etc, etc.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I won't vote til they have a "Who the hell cares?!?!?! Just release the RTS two pack already!!!!!!" option.

5. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    and people who hate the most of the first season of g1..........

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I grew up on the cartoon, so I can't see it as anything but RiBFiR.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This, and anyone insisting Rumble should be blue beyond the cartoon is flat out wrong. RIRFIB is correct, and the cartoon probably flubbed the deco and the rest is history. I don't care what anyone "grew up with".

I almost never agree with you GC, but for once...

THIS!!!

Boo-freaking-hoo. G1 did not begin with the cartoon. The comic pre-dated it, out-lasted it, was better written, and made a hell of a lot more sense. Deal.

This topic did not need to be resurrected at all. I'm getting out of his thread now before the unwarranted arguing commences.

8. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Yeah the comic is much better. No baby stuff (shame ive only read the first 13 issues but whatever ive read is much better than the cartoon)

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

This is the most honest statement so far.

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Face it guys, canon dictates FIBRIR however popular opinion tends towards RIBFIR. Leave it at that.

No one is going to sway another whether you are quoting facts or expressing your preference.

11. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Guess they need to make a thread like they did in the toy section "the end all be all stuff people shouldn't really give a shit about speculation thread" :p 

The one and only place frumble, bombshellthundercrackerclounus and who hates G1 or beastwars more competition discussions can go down in all their glory

12. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Or people just need to use the search function before they make a redundant thread.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Actually, CANON DICTATES both Firrib and Rirfib

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

True, but.. well you know...

Oh and I guess along with the three I mentioned before they can add the Lazyscourgeaderp repaintageddonPrime discussion there as well.

Oh and btw.. Enemy is blue And red so he wins the argument by default anyway...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Kinda yes, for the one (and a half?) times, I'll amend that to:

Canon tends to dictate FIBRIR however popular opinion tends towards RIBFIR.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

not "kinda yes".

CANON does INDEED dictate both Firrib and Rirfib

Canon is what ever is official, the cartoon and the comic are equally official.

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yes... changes to the established, planned parameters, ie: deviations. Blue Rumble is a deviant variant. A freak. An abomination. An affront to god.

In fact, "blue" Rumble didn't exist. Ever. Anyone who actually calls Cartoon Rumble blue has serious issues with colour identification, as he is most assuredly LAVENDER (I'd say purple, but I think "lavender" will piss more people off :D ). The only reason anybody calls him blue is because there was already a blue Frenzy toy, so some kids were easily confused and conflated lavender with blue. ;) 

Rumble is actually one of the most delightful and colourful personalities from the G1 cartoon (albeit, only a supporting character). There are very few characterizations from that show that are as vibrant or amusing. Cartoon Frenzy however was never more than a spare Rumble, so he was sort of redundant.

Not an animation error. An error in judgement. ;) 

I think it was probably a communication error or random screw-up, but it's also possible that they just thought a purple Rumble would look better with the other Cons onscreen. Either way, it was a bad idea... just look at what they've wrought, 30 years on...

I watched that cartoon a lot... but I never really adjusted myself to most of the changes they made... the savage Insecticons, the clinically ******ed Dinobots, Shockwave as a chump, Ravage as a "pet", Purple Rumble, etc... I will never fully accept any of those things.

It took me a while, but I finally accepted most of the faces that replaced the faceplates, and Ironhide/Ratchet's redesigns. That might be about it.

zmog

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

all of which is your personal opinion, and I'm not saying my opinion differs, but none of that proves it was an animation error asnd not a deliberate change.

likely true

I could see that, if we knew for a fact that it was a choise asnd the reasons for it.

I think its something similar.
    I know how you feel

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Actually, I think the definition and application of the word "canon" to Transformers is still debatable. While canonical sources are those that are considered "official" by some overseeing authority, canons also usually refer to sources from the same mythology and are self-consistent, creating a consensual definitive version.

In this case, it's entirely acceptable to reject the notion of a single Transformers "canon" approved by Hasbro, and acknowledge that it is more accurately a collection of multiple canons that are all related to one another and considered "official" by Hasbro, while remaining distinct entities.

In other words, the G1 cartoon may be considered a canon unto itself, as distinct from Marvel Comics G1 as it is from Armada or Bayformers (even if ostensibly they would be seen to bear a closer kinship).

I know that you personally prefer the term "continuity" for the taxonomy of these subsets of TF fiction, but this preference by no means sets a universal standard. The application of the term "canon" can be (and is) ambiguous and multifaceted.

I just thought I'd throw that out there, since you have a tendency to wave your finger at anyone who uses "canon" differently than you do, when in fact, the usage in a situation like this may still be contested.

In this case one might rightly say instead, that the consensus or quorum within the canon or canons, is that Rumble is Red and Frenzy is Blue. In this way, it can be said that the "canonical" Rumble is Red, though with some exceptions.

zmog

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

RAFABAOR

Rumble And Frenzy Are Blue And/Or Red

Where is your argument now?