Customs: Firetrap to Brawn?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, May 5, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Just picked up Firetrap on clearance for $5, and man... is he Brawn-ish.
    But not all the way.

I might do this later on (right now I'm doing a Scourge / Nemesis Prime), but I'd like to see other people's thoughts about Firetrap.

Brawn? Aside from removing his mouthpiece, what else?
    Who else?

Thoughts?

2. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

it's so close in color scheme, but the spindly arms and legs dont' say brawn to me. they'd have to be bulked up a bit. the scale is about right for the other minibots though....

Randy!

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

It's been done before, i've seen a noob start kitbashing on this exact project. Just remove the front scoop, give him some new feet, and also remove the guns. New head is a must. Then paint. Simple.

4. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

I had thought about this as my first custom.....

Ultimately I went with a more simple challenge of 'upgrading' a knock off Cliffjumper to make him look better (new head, paint, etc.).

My biggest problem was the best head option I could think of was Cyclonus...and the head is too big for that size of bot. You could always sculpt a new face on the head, I suppose. That was beyond my 'noob ability,' which is one of the reasons I decided to work up to that.

Dex

5. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I'm actually working on this right now...the only mods I'm doing are a new head (which unfortunately must be removed for transformation) and removal of the plow. I don't think he needs much more than that, seeing as his color scheme is an almost perfect match to Brawn anyway.
    EDIT:
    Just finished him up: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/401076-classics-brawn.html

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I saw that.
    I think you're on to something there.