Minor/Repaint: Firehawk (Gai Hawk)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Delta Star, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, so I changed his name because "Gai" has no meaning to me.

Whoever he is, he's the right arm to Liocaeser. Notice I changed his color scheme to a deep red, because I didn't like the pink. Also, his head is grey, because I saw a knock-off like that and liked it.

Now, most of my customs are not transformable, but this one technically is, because I started with one of those cheap Kabaya knock-offs. However, if you've ever handled one of these things, you know that they can't actually survive being transformed once they've been painted.

Anyway... here he is...

[​IMG]

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice job!

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Niice work, paint looks all smooth & even everywhere. The color and the style of jet you pick make him instantly recognizeable.

Suprised the paint stuck so well to the cheap plastic.
    Tried painting a ko once and it just was'nt going well.

4. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This worked out just like that, actually. If this toy is handled at all, the paint will come off. It's for show only.

The only way to do this is to instantly put it in a display case, and forever. Also, brushing won't work - it was to be airbrushed.

But, if anyone knows a way to make paint stay on, please let us know. I have heard of flexible paint, but can't find any.

Next time I will try it differently. Instead of painting every part separately, I will assemble the toy most of the way and spray it all together. Then paint the details by hand. This will reduce damage caused during re-assembly.