Firefox saying connection not secured?

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by NemiMonkey, Jan 31, 2017.

1. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    As of today it's been almost a week since this has popped up. I have Firefox updated to the latest version 51.0.01 and I've tried it in both the 34 and 64 bit version. Firefox said to try typing https:// to try and find a secure version, but doing that just leads to a page saying the connection isn't secure and that isn't configured properly. Right now I'm using IE to post this but really not sure what's going on.

2. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Googled a bit to try and see if there were any solutions, but the most common solution(anti virus software) doesn't seem to work.

So trying the https:// bit again I checked the security certificate. I have no idea what any of the data means though(really tech illiterate) but figured it might help. If it isn't TFW2005 then it's something on my end and it's back to google.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know TFW2005 isn't a malicious site or any of that nature, but I have no idea how to fix it.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    This is more of a @Tony_Bacala question tbh... IIRC, he's had to get other sites, i.e. Google to take TFW off such 'lists'.... He should respond the next time he's logs on.

Your problem may not be similar, but it's something I think TB should see and hopefully can resolve asap.
    Please continue to be patient. Thanks.

4. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Nothing has changed on our end, it's the same method of transferring data that our site/forum has used for 15 years. And most of the rest of the internet.

Of late, various browsers are changing what they consider secure because they want everyone to use HTTPS regardless of whether you are shopping etc. Anything with a form they want you using it. So your browser gives you that alert since we have login forms on all pages of the site.

We currently do not offer HTTPS, but is on the agenda, basically just to avoid non stop questions like this for the rest of our lives. :) 

Bottom line, you will need to ignore or white-list TFW2005 in your browser until we implement HTTPS publicly site/server wide.

5. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Hmmm so that's what was going on. Really relieved and I have to say that's rather annoying to hear. Oh well I'll just ignore it then. Thank You for the response.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    It's been a long while, but once upon a time you could check/click that TFW2005 was a SAFE site.. and you wouldn't get those notices anymore... might depend on the browser, but I've done that in the past and it stopped further notices. :)