Firefox and Adobe Flash video problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattraprules98, Jun 25, 2012.

1. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Ever since I updated Adobe Flash Player a week or two ago, I haven't been able to play any videos on Firefox. Can anyone help?

2. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

It's an ongoing problem That Adobe has admitted to causing themselves. The Flash not working, isn't restricted to just videos but alot of Flash scripts won't work. (Including uploading to certain image hosts. In which the Trigger button is a Flash Icon which then Executes a Java Script.)
    I have since Gotten mine Working by putting in a FRESH INSTALL of Firefox. As opposed to downgrading my Flash. An update to the latest Firefox, won't work. It HAS to be a fresh Install of the latest version.

When you un-install Firefox you have to option to keep your settings and add-ons so you won't have to re-configure the new install to match your preferences.

Although neither Adobe or Mozilla Corp have suggested that method, it's what I did and it's been working fine since.

Hope this helps.

Saber

3. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Thanks, I'll try that now

4. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    I really owe you man. It worked like a charm, and I got an update for Firefox.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah my PC did this a few days ago. I've just seen it as a sign that I really should move to chrome 100% rather then using both (I only really use firefox with the headers add-on to watch Comedy central stuff in the UK

6. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I haven't had any Flash problems, and I use Firefox all the time. Guess I'm just lucky.