2D Artwork: Fireflight

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by dsn1014, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I've lately began to wonder what Cybertron and its inhabitants would have been like after the war had ended and before the Maximals and Predacons took over. I see it as a place of conspiracies and fears. I chose Fireflight as his bio puts him down as an idealist and dreamer, I like to think this period would make him a little bitter, with Silverbolt a member of the Maximal council with Prowl and Ironhide, the Aerialbots are no more and this is not the Cybertron he fought for.

Anyway I did a sketch of him for a custom I'm working to organize the colours. Its pretty basic, but hope ye like all the same.

[​IMG]

Continuing with the Fireflight theme I wanted to do a piece of him being held feat a Beast Era character to bridge the gap a little, he'll be made to get with the program in Cybertrons interests...

Only got the lines done tonight and not sure when I'll have the chance to colour, hopefully later in the week.

[​IMG]

update:

I sat down after college to have a go at colouring this and I think it came out ok, but I'll push harder for a better job next time.

So tell me, who's that with the captured Fireflight?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    This is based off of the minicon that forms the tip of the star saber, correct? Regardless, I love him. The simplistic colors just seem perfect to me, somehow.

3. dsn1014

Great eye :thumb 
    I found an oversized KO recently, about scout size and have been very entertained by him all week. I chose Fireflight primarily due to the fact he has a facemask like this toy.

I see now I forgot to add in a couple blue highlights that the G1 figure has on him.

4. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

This is one awesome piece of work! The stance, the story, the colors, the "conspiracies and fears" i think is a great idea. Although i don't really see the Beast Wars aspect of the design, don't get me wrong i see the G1 aspect clear enough, but it lacks some of the organic-ness of beastwars.

5. dsn1014

Thanks for that man.

I like to wonder about what went on between G1 and Beast Wars. My reason for him looking more G1 is that he wants to stay a full sized Autobot, which could lead to some friction with the authorities.

6. dsn1014

Continuing with the Fireflight theme I wanted to do a piece of him being held feat a Beast Era character to bridge the gap a little, he'll be made to get with the program in Cybertrons interests...

Only got the lines done tonight and not sure when I'll have the chance to colour, hopefully later in the week.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :) 

7. dsn1014

I sat down after college to have a go at colouring this and I think it came out ok, but I'll push harder for a better job next time.

So tell me, who's that with the captured Fireflight?

[​IMG]

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Obsidian looks perfect as the ROTF legends Springer mold.

9. dsn1014

Thanks. I'm very glad you could make it out. I like the look of the toy and wanted to do something with it. There are a couple more legends figures that could be worked into this, G2 Megatron as Megastorm already works really with no repaint needed. The legends feel about the right size for Maximals and Predacons, so I think it works, maybe minicons for the smaller guys as well. And they're cheap!

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like what you're doing with your artwork here.

One criticism though: Fireflight's neck is a bit long.