"Fire on the Mountain" and ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sportimus, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I was enjoying my new TF G1, Season one box set, and on Disc 2, episode 9 (Fire on the Mountain), I was like, "whoa..." Why do you ask? Well, it had a ROTF feel to it. Though not LIKE ROTF, some elements were interesting:

***Warning: Possible spoilers regarding the ROTF movie are below***
    -Megatron goes to the Andes with his crew of baddies and discovers a pyramid that holds great power. Megatron builds a weapon to harness that great power and sticks it on top of the pyramid. The autobots, along with Skyfire go there to stop him.

-In ROTF, The Fallen uses a device on top of the Egyptian Great Pyramid to harness the power of the sun, Autobots go there to stop him, and Jetfire (in one form or another) is there as well.

See the similarities? Kind of interesting, yes? I'm curious if the writers got some of their ideas from some of the episodes?

On an unrelated to ROTF observation, on the pyramid, Ironhide says something like "this is what separates the Autobots from Robot Chickens". Which had me going "huh, I wonder if that is where Seth got his idea for his show "Robot Chicken"?

So, yeah, I'm getting a kick out of this DVD set. :) 

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The sun harvester is based upon the solar needle from "Changing Gears". In fact, the Josh Nizzi cover for Defiance issue 2 is very similar to a shot in Changing Gears.

3. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shouldn't there be spoiler tags for this?

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well, I spoiler tagged mine. I suggest this be moved to the movie forum.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will try to spoiler tag it, but I disagree with it being moved to the movie forum as I meant it to be more about the G1 cartoon. I'll leave it to the mods to make that decision, but hope they PM me to let me know where the thread went so I know. A lot goes on in this board, it's hard to keep track sometimes. :) 

6. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Of course that's where the name of Seth Green's show came from... Because we all know that Seth is from the future. :rolleyes: 

7. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I think you misunderstood that comment, Ironhide says that line in the G1 episode, not in ROTF. Well...it could be in ROTF, but it is in the show.

As for the similarities, it adds to my theory that hollywood in general has given up on having new ideas and instead ops for things like "90210-it's so tough being rich", and "Melrose Place-is there anyone left to kill?". To think people complain about Animated being a re-hash.

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Polyhex 90210 would have been epic.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Even I can't complain about ROTF using elements of G1 in the story. I know that originality is a good thing, but aren't homages to earlier TF franchises a good thing?

Oh, and I don't think this really needs spoiler tags. The title makes it pretty clear the thread is about ROTF. If you haven't seen the film yet and don't want spoilers, it's probably a bad idea to go into any thread discussing the film at the moment.