Finding your rare

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grunge, Sep 18, 2011.

1. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    like any of us, i scour guagebay for a good deal on something i want. i finally found a Superlink Paradron Medic Ariel, for less than $60. alot less.

so wish me luck on getting it, i fell in love with this figure when i saw her green features. MUST HAVE.

so please share with me the feelings you've had when you've finally tracked down that elusive TF you've been searching, bidding, and making deals with unicron for once you finally got it.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, because there's no better way of getting people to avoid a sweet item than telling them about it on a world wide message board. :lol 

Seriously though, good luck on making it happen, and I think this was a pretty cool topic idea. Most recently, and while this doesn't include "bidding" per say, I'm in the process of finally getting an Animated Blurr for a decent price (5+shipping which should be about 10), and considering that I live in Canada, that's quite good. I like going through threads & people to make something happen, and I generally enjoy the process.

However what I don't enjoy is dealing with the idiots who flat out ignore me when I express an interest to buy something (especially something that's listed with a price), and of course the people who make an inquiry, and than decide to stop the communication process for whatever reason. They know who they are, and I think it's safe to say that they're gonna keep losing business because of it. Although at the same time, I also see this as being a blessing because I'd rather not deal with these people at all than find out how they conduct themselves after things have been agreed & after money's been exchanged, so it can also be a good thing as well.

Also, I've been with trading card games for pretty much my whole life, so it's only natural to enjoy taking part in this area of our fandom. Landing that squeeze (be it big or small) always makes for a good feeling. :) 

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found RTS Grapple on sale at TRU when I wasn't even specifically looking for it, lol. And everyone else in my area was having a hard time finding it.

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Also...

Finding both TM Blackarachnia & TM Tarantulus a few months back still has me wetting myself today, especially since the latter of which was the toy that I could literally never find on shelves and have always wanted since.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    My two best deals I can think of would be a loose, complete, tight joint Cybertron Omega Supreme for 30 bucks, and then a complete G2 tank Megatron for a MISB Generations Wheeljack and Warpath.

6. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I was elated when I finall found my RotF Red Rampage at Ross for $8.99. Was looking for him for about 6 months, and finding him that cheap was icing on the cake!

7. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    haha yeah, it was silly of me to share my recient find, but i just wanted to state why i was making thread.

i remember how happy i was last year when i got a new powermaster optimus prime, in box with apex bomber. despite shiney brickness, still made me happy.

8. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I once found a toy that was NOT a knock off at my local department store.
    How is this possible? Aliens.

9. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Nothing beats snagging a MOSC Cybertron Thunderblast for about $20, including shipping. I was damn near sweating until I won that auction.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Metals Megatron. Scoured Ebay, (only saw a few, and they went past the $80s) put up a want thread, and then finally an angel in the BW thread found one for me for $50.

Half TF related, same thing happened with GaoGaiGar DX Choryujin. So hard to find, even on ebay, and I had a want thread up for eons. (so long with daily bumps if the word "bump" was food I'd have single-handedly solved world hunger) Finally got it, however, for the very not-bad price of $90 shipped.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    when a friend offhandedly told me he had been saving a mib overlord for me, :D 

another friend picking me up 2011 botcon set when he went there.

also most of my official wst came from one lot on ebay that was listed as "trasfomers lot" they were in there with some kos (wish i had kept the heinlad ko for some reason) all strewn about in the picture in pieces, but for 100 i got bumble, megs, starscream, prime, anime prime, soundwave, prime's trailer, red alert, sideswipe, and prowl in one shot all complete

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't really deal much through the Internet...

But I went through some shot to find Camaro Concept Bumblebee. I saw him, last one at Walmart, and let out a decent "Fuck yeah!" Then a week later, I saw the Evolution of a Hero Bee pack. I remember saying, "Motherfucyah!" And trotted off to purchase it. 2007 was hell. It may be the reason I despise Bumblebee so much. Bumblefuck.

I was also ecstatic to have Haloid hook me up with a HA Barricade. That was a good day.

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    If you are still looking for Tarantulus, Toy Arena has him for fairly cheap, especially compared to Ebay prices.

Transformers Beast Wars D-44 Tarans

Transformers Beast Wars VS-44 Rhinox vs. Tarans

Actually, just knowing his Japanese name, Tarans, would help almost anyone track down a cheap-ish copy of him.

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Thanks for looking into some cheaper alternatives to ebay listings, but I picked up the spiders (Tarantulas included) from Dr. Prime a few months ago. I was just saying how cool it was to finally get him after returning to the fandom, as TM Tarantulas was someone I always wanted as a kid as well, not just a figure that recently tickled my fancy.

I mean, I'd specifically look for that one every time I was in the stores, and I'd even bug my friends to do the same (offering to buy it off em if they did), but none of us ever got lucky.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MIB Fort max for 540, with about a dozen other figures inside the box.
    Bought it back in 2007..Man great deal!

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I'd heard stories of the elusive Aveo Swerve and how hard he was to get, but I never really put any effort into finding him because I never had the money to spare on a Deluxe. Then, thanks to a chance thread talking about a "Bumblebee" version of some Chevy car in China, I found a BIN eBay listing for a still-in-package Aveo Swerve for $45 shipped.

Granted, while it was free First Class shipping, it was still a hassle getting him to arrive because the seller decided to not write my address on the box for whatever reason (the P.O. gets points for intervening in that process when I called them and getting him to me a day early) and had also shoved Swerve into box that was SMALLER than the actual toy, potentially a source of damage (which thankfully there is none).

17. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    bought a junker box a couple of months ago for 30euro, when i got it i found a g1 powermaster optimus prime missing only one of his double barrelled guns and a thunderclash missing only his missiles. i originally bought the box for the omega supreme and cybertron megatron and some energon combiner bots only.