Finding that extra hard to get figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roykop, Feb 11, 2009.

1. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    OK, I know this may sound like a "want thread", but hear me out for a second. For a long time, I've been looking for a 2007 Botcon Mirage and Dreadwind. I know I could go online and pay $200 each for them, but lets face it, it's not a very realistic price... at least not compared to other prices I've seen them go for over the last 3 months.

Lately, I have seen a select few Mirage's go for $80-$100 or so, but they are always snagged before I see them. I wouldn't even mind paying more... but I'm not seeing any, and I'm certainly not getting any responses to my existing want thread.

My question is, are there other avenues I'm missing? I always check ebay, some go for a decent price, some high, and some ridiculously high BIN options for some stores. Dreadwind alone is hardly even available at any price anymore! Where do you guys go? Any sites you can recommend for future efforts?

I feel like I'm doing a lot of searching, just not sure if there are some sights I'm overlooking. Any help to myself or other stuck collectors would be appreciated!

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    go post on the boards here, in the wanted section...that's a good way to find stuff...i usually buy lots of my stuff from other members...

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dreadwind is one of the easier figures to track down from that box set. I usually see him go in the $120 - $150 USD range. He pokes up here every now and then and on ebay from time to time.

Mirage I have no idea, but I expect to see more for sale and the price slightly decreasing because of the new exclusive version you can buy with the first volume of the new Generations book.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, keep an eye on the Sale/Trade threads in the Junkion. You never know what you might find for a great price. That and you're helping out your fellow board member with whatever reason they're selling stuff for.

Not ten minutes ago I closed the deal on a figure I've been looking for since '04 for a very fair price tag.