Finding cheap reissues?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Severus, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I passed on the Hasbro reissues when they were originally around, as I wasn't really hooked at that point in time. Even later, when I saw them on clearance, I passed on all but Ricochet.

Now I'm thinking about where I want to go with my collection, and I've come to the conclusion that I really like the aesthetic of the original Diaclone and Microman stuff. So I want to start out looking for the original Autobot cars. I don't care about whether it's Hasbro or Takara or even sealed, since I open all my stuff with intent to display, and I don't care about it being vintage or not, so the reissues are looking like a good idea.

I know I'm going to have to pay for a Prime and some of the others, but Grapple, Sideswipe, the other guys I saw on clearance? Is there a good place to buy overstock toys on the cheap? Sadly, Overstock.com doesn't seem to have any.

So, how would you all go about acquiring the reissues if you had to? Help would definitely be appreciated.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First up, try checking any local KBs, some may still have the Sideswipe reissue for $15. Some of the other online stores may have other reissues for decent prices. Best bet though is probably ebay. Loose complete ones shouldn't be hard to find or terribly expensive.

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still check TRU's I found Skids for 1.49 at a TRU in NY just two months ago!

I paid about 60-70 total (all from TRU clearances) for:
    Tracks
    Skids
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Dirge
    Inferno
    Hoist
    Grapple
    Smokescreen
    Cliffjumper keychain

They make a pretty nice minty-fresh G1 shelf if I do say so myself...

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Oro's right, check KB , they might still have some Sideswipes left.

Occasionally theres Commemorative Series lots on ebay where you can get most of them in one grab, but those auctions are rare anymore.
    Might have to pick off some of them one by one off ebay.
    Or first you can try making a thread in the Wants section. Sure there's alot of members that can hook you up on most of them for a good deal.
    There's actually some for sale in there I believe.

You can still get Rodimus Prime here for 30
    http://stuckakid.com/index.php?cPath=1_24

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I was able to score a nice Commemorative series collection last autumn. Got 10 of them:

Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    Dirge
    Prowl
    Bluestreak
    Inferno
    Tracks
    Red Alert
    Hoist
    Grapple.
    All MIB.
    (now they are, used to be MISB, hah take that Misbers!!!)

Six of this I bought from seller on ebay using id cgtim. Excellent service and prices.