Finally saw this movie!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by herugrim, Sep 29, 2011.

1. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    Never got to the theaters to watch it, so when my father picked up the blue ray I was finally able to see this films. I loved it, but my opinion is probably biased. I actually enjoyed all the films even...(gasp!)Revenge of the Fallen! Favorite parts:

"We'll kill them all!" - Optimus Prime
    Wow, awesome just awesome. I've always been a sucker for Badassimus Prime of the films but that was the cherry on the cake to me. I always loved it when the hero gets pissed off. Once in awhile it happens to Superman, and it's always great.

Sentinel Prime
    I love how much he reminds me of Alpha Trion. I really hope Hasbro gives us a repaint/Remold of such. Can't go wrong with Leonard Nimoy either, though the dude is getting old. I thought Peter Cullen sounded elderly but he sounds like a spring chick next to Nimoy.

Sam killing Starscream!
    And it was believable! I've seen humans fight and even defeat transformers before, but it never looked right to me. This is how I'd like to see the human/transformer conflict done in other medias, but I know it will never happen.

Dislikes:

Framerate issues?
    I noticed this during the scene when Shockwave's cyber wurm/octapus thingy was attacking the building. The films started to stutter, like it was having lag issues. Eventually it stopped, but it seemed odd.

Well, that's really it. Thought it was a blast, though. Lots of twists and turns, and made me want more figures too. Thank you TF3 for giving me something to look forward to!

2. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

I totally agree about Prime... It IS awesome to see the hero get pissed and just go off! I love that.

Can't really say I enjoyed Starscream being killed by Sam though... I never like the fact that humans couls so easily dispatch Transformers... I.E. Lennox's crotch shot to Blackout in the first film.

3. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I was a little iffy about Sam killing Starscream more than I was about Blackout.

Remember, Blackout also had missiles coming down at him when Lennox slid under him and fired his gun. Its reasonable to assume he might be able to survive the missiles because they're hitting his armor and such, but Lennox slid under him and fired up into his chasis at multiple points, most likely under the armor and doing enough damage to critical systems or getting a lucky shot and hitting his spark chamber.

4. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

Yeah, I see where you're going...
    It didn't kill the movie by any means for me (either of them) and I too had more of a problem with the Sam/Starscream scene.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You guys gotta remember it wasn't like Sam just shot Screamer in the foot with a .44. He killed him with one of Wheeljack's gadgets.

6. Starscream217

Starscream217 Lord Starscream

Exactly, and lord knows how powerful those Boomsticks really are, it blew his face apart and the blast rupptured his spark chamber in like 3 seconds... :( 

7. herugrim

Ebay:
    Guess you guys don't read much comics, where humans defeat transformers with a single shot from an EMP taser or using a nuclear bullet.

Sam attacked Scream's opics using cybertronian weaponry and stuck a grenade in his eye, seemed good to me. The only part I would question was that he dangled by a thread for such a lengthy time without getting hit by anything. That's less likely.

8. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Man How did you go so long with out seeing it, I'd go crazy:D 

I completely Agree with you About Optimus, I'm a Complete sucker
    for This Optimus, I Love it, when Optimus has seen Enogh He doesn't
    Just Go and Say, Maybe we can Talk them out of it, No
    He Hits The Enemy hard, and thats the way it should be, in war we
    Have to "Show no mercy for you shall receive none":thumb 

And I Also Agree About Starscream it's not like sam Killed him with a
    human weapon He used Wheeljacks Invention, A Bomb and stuck it
    right in his Head and then it blew up, I think It was very realistic :thumbs2: 
    I'm Glad you liked it, I Absolutely Love this Movie!

9. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

This.

10. Transformers991

Transformers991 Some guy

HOW IS EVERYONE GETTING THE MOVIE ALREADY!!! I THOUGHT IT CAME OUT TOMORROW!!! Didn't mean to scream.

11. Egami

Egami Active Member

I think Starscream death was quite embarrassing, but so was Megatron's, didn't last 2 seconds with Optimus.

12. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Same here.

13. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I thought Megatron's was more justified (still wish it could have been longer, though...) because he messed with Headhunter Prime. Starscream has no excuse. That pansy.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Starscream's death was pathetic. Would've been far better for him to go out fighting one of the Autobots instead.

I maintain that it was the missiles that took Blackout down. Lennox's shot was just icing on the cake.

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I thought Galvatron is always the one who has to kill Starscream.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which would you guys rather have, Sam killing Starscream over a long period of time with Que's gadgets and struggle, and totally humiliating Starscream in the process (which is a fitting death for him) or some Autobot coming in randomly and taking him out in 10 seconds with no effort like how every other Decepticon died?

Just saiyan. Starscream had one of the only interesting deaths in the movie.

17. Egami

Egami Active Member

Yeah, I see your point about Megatron, but to me the whole part of him listening to Carly and then shooting Sentinel just as he was about to finish Optimus off came very much out of nowhere and felt forced. I doubt Megatron would have done any of that in the first place.

Starscream was made to look incredibly sloppy in that scene, that's the main thing I have against him dying the way he did.

I think Shockwave died the best in the movie and was the most satisfying kill, as it took the most effort/planning to accomplish. Some people even cheered at the theater during the scene when Optimus blows half his torso with his armed fist.

18. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Well atleast a human didnt kill megs again.

19. herugrim

Ebay:
    My Dad found it at a pharmacy. We also got Thor a few days before it's release at a corner store. Some smaller places will get movies early and put them out.

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I just saw the movie. It's definitely the best of the three movies, but it still could have been better. It has the look of fastfood movies like Armageddon. Transformers would definitely deserve better. And I really don't think that a Transformers movie needs so much gore. Or any gore at all. But at least the third movie got a lot righter than the first two. I would suggest another director and John Williams for the Soundtrack.

I guess I might look out if there is someday the whole trilogy on bluray for a reasonable price, then I might get it.

I did not buy that Mikaela and Sam just broke up. But I accepted it. Suspension of misbelief...

I liked the first part of the movie a bit more. There was a bit more of this conspiracy and the bots having lines and it was much like Transformers. Than the second part is where it get's more like Armageddon and I guess that's Bay's typical style which I dislike here most, so I won't get into detail here.

What I liked this time was, that you could better see who was fighting there, but the Decepticons still need to be more distinctive and they Transformers still need more lines. This movie was halfway to be good.

But it was really entertaining. It was just still not what I want to see from a Transformers movie. But nearly. So for a Michael Bay movie I'm kinda pleased with this movie :)