Finally saw the movie - now I have questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Aug 7, 2007.

1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    The movie finally started playing on post here in Kuwait and tonight I finally got to see it. I've been avoiding this thread so nothing was spoiled. I'm sure these questions may have already been answered:

1. What happenned with Scorponok? He was in one fight then disappeared. You would think if he was on Earth that he would have mobilized with all the other Decepticons in the city.

2. I'm also wondering if anyone got the implication that there are other Transformers on the planet and if the toys that were released are some sort of foreshadowing of future characters (ie: Arcee, Longarm) since the Allspark can pretty much create any Transformer.

3. And, finally, did anyone think the whole underwater thing for the disposal of the Decepticons is a setup for a G1 style underwater base?

EDIT: Oh yeah, one last thing? What's up with Bumblebee's voice just coming back from out of nowhere? Ratchet seems completely useless, he didn't work on any battle damage, Bumblebee's legs, or Jazz (not that he could be saved - I'm guessing his spark was extinguished). He's supposed to be a medic yet all he did was fight. Hopefully the next movie will have him do more.

K, so now that my movie questions are out I am wondering about the toys. I only collect G1 and G1 inspired (ie: MP, Classics, Titaniums). But I need some movie toys now...lol. Being that I haven't seen any of the toys in person what class should I focus on? I know every character won't be released as Voyagers, Deluxe, Leaders, Scouts, etc. but I don't feel the need to be a completist on these. I just want to stick to one class of toys and collect that whole line. What line has the most toys out? What ones are the hardest to find? I've been thinking maybe I should order some online if they will be tough to get in the stores but since I'll be leaving Kuwait in less than four weeks I can wait to go to the stores and see the toys myself - but that risks possibly losing out on a rarity that's available online now.

Just so much to think about! Thanks for the help and sorry if all of this has already been asked.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. Autobot823

Autobot823 Autobot Warrior

Longarm was in the game, and Arcee will hopefully be in movie 2. I was thinking the underwater scene, since Bay wanted an aircraft carrier, that might have something to do with it in the second. And as far as the toys, go for Arcee, 08 Bumblebee, and there are going to be g1 repaints of some if youre interested in those. Jazz g1 repaint is lookin pretty good to me. 08 Bumblebee is pretty scarce right now so if you can get your hands on one that'd be good for you. Hope that helped a little!

3. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I thin you forgot Wreckage who is in the first wave and transforms into an APC.
    I really thought that Wreckage would be in the movie too along Brawl and Bonecrusher =)
    Scorponok was battle damaged and I wonder why Blackout did not retrieve him.

Megatron's and Blackout's bodies were thrown into deep water. The reason was that they could not come in touch to energy etc.
    I guess if someone makes them surface and they get some energy, they might be functional again. Prime has still a part of the Allspark

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ratchet fixed Bumblebee with that beam-thing. It just didn't take effect until later. The writers conceeded that point wasn't very clear and kinda suggested that was because of script changes / scene cuts, but there it is.

5. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Scorponok and Barricade missed the final battle because they stopped at a Tim Horton's to get some donuts, and by the time they finally got there (right around when Starscream is exiting the atmosphere), everybody was already gone. They shrugged, finished the donuts, and went to Best Buy to purchase and watch a copy of "Independence Day" so they'd know more-or-less what happened while they were engaging in their Snack Attack.

Since Optimus Prime seems pretty sure that there will be a sequel ("If there are any Autobots floating around out there in space, come hang out and have a few brews before we start shooting for 'Transformers 2: Transform Harder'. ROLL OUT!"), one can only assume that the government has this information as well, and drops the Decepticons into the ocean knowing that ditching an evil monster into a body of deep water is the surest way to resurrect it. You were probably unaware that oceanic trenches have the power to reanimate evil monsters, but it's been scientifically proven.

Ratchet isn't on Earth looking for the Allspark; he's only there because his license to practice Robot Medicine was revoked on Cybertron. He's easily the worst doctor I've ever seen. "Look! I've tried everything! See? I even shined a flashlight at him! Ah, well. Let's go walk into power lines!" I was under the assumption that the giant Space Rubix fixed Bumblebee like it fixed Gollumtron, but I could be mistaken. Perhaps energy rays from a Cosmic Plot Hole were responsible for the repair.

6. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Alright, in looking at the movie toy checklist I guess I'm gonna have to go with the Deluxe, Scouts, and Voyager class if I want to try and get all the characters. Now it's just a question of pre-ordering/ordering online or waiting a month until I'm home and can go to the stores. Anybody seeing any major price differences? I primarily use BBTS and TF Source if I shop online. And once I'm home there is a TRU, Target, KB, and Walmart all within 10-15 minutes of each other. Recommendations?

7. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

:lolol 

From other such discussion threads, the consensus seems to be that Barricade and Scorponok disappeared in a bit of poor editing, and may return for the 2nd movie. I was disappointed with Ratchet's lack of being a medic, but apparently the laser he shined at Bumblebee during their first scene together was some kind of healing thing, like cough medicine or antibiotics, and it took a while to take effect. Actually, throughout the movie it's possible we may be hearing BB's voice coming back, as myself and others have been able to hear him say a few words (faintly, and somewhat distorted).

8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    1. Sequel! He's alive just off licking his wounds, and probably is pretending to be dead to avoid the repercussions at failure.

2. Mostly game related or concept related, 'allspark earth borns' get unfiltered concentrated allspark life, which is either A. more violent, B. no happy about no being alive till now, C. not birthed with high enough mental facilities. Or D. are cybertronian animals. Sequel again to possibly cover more.

3. Yup, sunken MTMTE ship ftw. They were dropped though so the freezing temperatures and 'crushing' depths would not allow them to reanimate from heat, or others to use the technology. But on that same token, with the allspark within megatron, why do they need more energy? Maybe the lack of power could let the allspark reset itself and bring megatron back because his body has no power now due to the frigid temperatures.

4.That laser Ratchet used early on was a retroactive 'throat losange' so to speak, it regenerated BB's vocal circuitry on it's on a more fine level. When BB first gets hit with it, he coughs to show it's affecting that area. By the time it's done its job, the timing was after or during the battle. BB's legs are repaired offscreen by ratchet and other help. And yeah Jazz's spark was extinguished, it was showing when Megs ripped him in half, so it could go from there.

Toys: The size scales are off, depends on who you prefer. If you want the autobots to scale, go Autobots deluxe BB, Jazz, Voyager Ratchet, Ironhide, and leader prime. With the decepticons on Deluxe scorponok or other 'cars' like barricade, Leader megatron, and leader brawl.

If you want to focus on decepticons, go Voyager screamer, blackout, deluxe bonecrusher and 'brawl'(debatable on brawl). And either again leader megatron or voyager megatron, with only Voyager Prime to be in scale to these. (Voyager prime also makes a great headlock for deluxe bonecrusher.)

To be honest the toy scales are a bit wonky, we need a voyager bonecrusher, and leader blackout and starscream to have them fixed. Also the tow truck is slightly off, but is in scale to robot replicas.

9. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

BB's voice was fixed by his encounter with the allspark. It fixed all of frenzy, and when you see BB handling the allspark, I think his vocal area glows blue.

10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    The script writer stated it was the laser that ratchet fired, while I do agree that's possible. It's kind of thrown out the window when the actual script author states what his intentions were with said action. He did write the script after all. xD

But yeah, it could still have a 'hand' in it. Unless the 'unfiltered' allspark power really does only create evil bots. Which I disagree with.

11. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    bumblebee has nothing happen to him when he gets the allspark, i've checked that scene for any hint of it doing something to his vocal processors

i agree with the voice slowly coming back theory, i remember when mikeala says "nice shot" to him, his little weird sounds he makes sounds like "thank you" amongst others, he becomes much much more vocal after the little laser thing from ratchet in terms of not using the radio, not to mention he makes his first actual sound right after the laser, a coughing sound

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  12. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:

It's not a theory, it's the truth dude. I've said it more times before. The laserbeam that Ratchet shines onto BB fixes him. Period.

13. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

the allspark birthed robots were probaly reacting to thier instincts as 'parts' of meghatron, being reverse engineered from him.

14. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

I prefer how the book played out BB getting his voice back, because he didn't get it fully back like he did for the most part in the film. And it made that whole BB and Sam thing a little more dramatic, and showed hints of the bond they had in G1.

15. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Sorry guys, I saw that there were a lot of responses so I check out the thread to find out it's a debate over BB's voice. Everyone's welcome to post what they want, I know how threads kinda take a turn now and then. I don't wanna sound like an ass but can we maybe take this back to the topic at had? I'm still up in the air over what toys I want to buy and where to buy them (online now or just wait until I get home and go to the stores). Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  16. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

You had me at "Prime's sure there'll be a sequel". I spit my drink at "See? I even shined a flashlight at him!" :lolol  :lol 

17. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I thought Rachet just un-clogged it?..If not that was a very slow fix. It would be like me hitting my car with a wrench and two days later it started.

Edit:Sorry if this has been answered already.

18. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Jazz will be rebuilt into Blaster.

19. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Ditto!

don't get the deluxe brawl, his arms suck so bad! they don't connect to his chest well at all, wait and get the leader version.

Deluxe BB & Barricade are great, I don't have the 08 BB yet, but he appears to be a little more poseable, plus he has his plasma cannon from the movie. Scorponok is pretty cool actually, his robot mode ain't so great, but there's lots of fun to be had. Voyager Ratchet is good. Voyager

Ironhide I thought sucked, and sold him to my brother, who just puts them on the shelf for display. his lower body connects with just a little push pin to the upper body, and it doesn't stick in properly, so his body flops forward, plus it is a flimsy thin little piece that can break too easily. By the way I am giving my recomendations based on good playable toys, not really 'collectibles'.

the deluxe Blackout has removeable rotor/tail fin parts that make him a quite playable toy, and with deluxe scorponok, he can attach together and can spin rotors/claws same time!

Leader Op & Megs are fun, lots of leg kibble on Op, but can remove cotter pins and get rid of it for better poseablity, and still attaches for transforming. Voyager prime is only so-so and leg articulation not nearly as good as Leader class, plus he has a huge truck body/shell/backpack thingy. Deluxe bonecrusher is cool, his arms extend out from body, makes for some cool poses with the mine scooper being quite nifty also. Jazz has really wierd arms, and not much dexterity in the legs, go for the G1 repaint if you want him, at least he will look very nice.

Starscream is good, he has a feature to be able to rapid-fire the missiles that is cool, and he is just buff, a real bruiser, good toy robot, but the arms are huge under wing kibble in jet mode, or massively weaponed up, depending on your point of view. I like it, makes him seem truly ready to kick some.

Deluxe wreckage is an APC that is quite poseable in robot mode, but the automorph feature, when you move the arms, makes the head retract into the body, but his battle blades are sweet, and can be joined together to form a double sword, like Darth Mauls twin light sabre, I like him, and wish he had been in the movie...:( 

The deluxe protoforms of Op and Starscream are passable unless you really like them. Go with the Prime one, as he is more poseable and actually appears in the movie, if your a big Prime fan.

As for Scout level Arcee, the Target exclusive, pass until the deluxe comes around. My brothers kid likes that she is a motorcycle, but sucks as a robot, her weapon is almost bigger than her!

Off the top of my head, all the other scout bots are just recycled/repaints of energon/cybertron toys. some decent, some suck, depends on your taste, but since you seem to want to get mostly just the stuff from the movie, I will not bother with the rest of those, but I've read that the Deluxe Arcee was scripted in the movie but didn't make the final cut, unless you count the bike that Capt. Lennox used to get in and take out Blackout with...;) 

You say you are coming home in a few weeks but want to get some stuff now before they are all sold out? well a lot of this stuff already is. I bought several items extra for my two brothers and their kids, and some of it I need to take back to the stores, and I know that in my neck of the woods, you can't get some of it anymore unless its online, and even then only for super jacked up pricing, so if your interested, I would sell them to a servicemember for my cost+shipping. PM me if you want details. I have lots of family members in the service, so I can sorta relate to your dilemma...Hope this helped you out,
    Keep up the good work, Hooray for our troops!!

20. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Got this picture today, thought you guys would like to see it

[​IMG]