Finally played the DS version

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prowl, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my son the game for Xmas (kinda like Peter Griffin got Louis Galaga for her Birthday), and I ended up trying it after he went to bed.

I can't wait to get a 3DS. Definitely loved it. I like that you can play a random rookie, and I love how they implemented a lock-on to make it work with the controls. It also expands on the war by mentioning characters that are not on the PS3 version.

More than any other DS Transformer port, this one definitely can stand on it's own.

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just tried this the other day, too. I'm actually not very fond of it, mostly due to the controls. The movement seems very touchy and whenever I want to turn left or right the character does a full quarter turn unless I very deliberately gently tap on the control pad. Is that normal or is my D-pad crapping out?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not sure. It seemed ok to me, but to be honest, I used the lock on button a lot, so I was strafing a lot.

4. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's another problem I have playing the game, the L button on my DS only works occasionally, so locking/strafing isn't always an option. On the bright side it helps me justify buying a 3DS! :lol 

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I picked up the DS games for my daughter, who loves the Wii version, and after watching her play some, I wanted to try - even though I'd never touched a DS before.

Now I have my own DS and I'm loving them. I love all the extra characters put into the DS version like Motormaster, Cyclonus, and Grimlock and Ultra Magnus. I'd put the DS version 2nd after the 360/PS3 version, and above the Wii game.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I played it some more this weekend. I like that the characters have extra recorded lines from what was on PS3, and a lot of cool written dialogue by the other characters too.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Reached Omega Supreme last night and got my tail kicked - bad. Any tips for beating that guy?

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I got for my birthday last year, i like the game but sometimes the game pisses me off.

Cyclonus and Motormaster FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I unlocked Ironhide,Cliffjumper and Soudwave today by battling a friend of mine on the too bad their all level 1, T_T