Finally opening that toy, you've been wanting to for ages.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Universe Cyclonus. I've had it for what feels like a year maybe longer as MISB and I've always wanted to open it but I lack display space so put it off...until today.

And holy shit, what a tremendous and well executed toy.

Love the transformation it feels simple enough to be enjoyable but not too simple it's boring so it still has a fine touch of finese in there, especially in regards to the legs and shoulders and how they are formed. The inclusion of Nightstick feels like a sweet added bonus, even that oozes awesomeness and that whole latching onto the wrist of Cyclonus is great.

All the joints are really solid and you can pose him really well the only downside i've got is that there is a pink blotch of dye on his right bunny ear :) () but apart from that the rest of the paint apps are perfect.

I feel bad for taking so long in releasing him from his prison. i'm sorry Cyclonus and I must say well done fandom, your praise for it is what made me get Cyclonus, and i'm not dissapointed at all :D 

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Misquoted for personal opinion.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Of course it's his opinion. Whose else would it be?

4. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I envy your discipline, my man. Every time I buy a fig, regardless of space, I'll open it as soon as I get to the house. Then if there's no room they go on my desk. XD

I've yet to run out of desk space, but now studying's impossible.

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I'm terrible for it. I buy loads of items but rarely unbox them. My display space is really, really tiny...but that just because my other hooby stuff consumes so much :lol 

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I had to wait over a year to open most of my animated stuff. I had ran out of room and was moving the next summer, but I didn't want to miss out on the figures, so I bought them anyway.

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Sometimes I wait months to open some things,mostly because of having NO display space at the moment. It's always more enjoyable for me to open 6-7 TFs at the same time, as opposed to one at a time. I've had Universe Thrust in my van for nearly a month now, and he probably won't get out at least untill my Protector shows up......

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Man, I must have over 50 figures that need to be opened. There's a few I've bought and just haven't got to, but the lack of space is a big factor.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I can't wait! I gotta open it now, now, now!
    I find they are much more fun when out in the open, and not locked in their prison.
    Although looking back, I should've kept my chromed Kaltor sealed in his box so he wouldn't have gotten his legs broken. :( 

10. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

I too have limited display spaces so i display my figures on a rotational basis. although certain figures are on permanent display.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I open pretty much everything I get the second I get it into the house. Because I keep all the packaging, the time taken to carefully open it adds to the anticipation.
    Latest for this have been Munitioner & Explorer. Such beautiful packaging, so I was super careful with opening them. And DAMN, were they ever worth the wait.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have enough space to display everything, although classics needs a couple more shelves put up, they are all out of the package the instant i get them. but i waited for the hasbro release of mp grimlock, so i know what you mean about the wait for a cool figure

13. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

I don't have the patience to wait a year before opening a TF, the minute I buy it/get it in the mail, it's open.

Don't make fun of me, I have a disorder.

:p 

14. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I get new figures maybe twice a month, so I have no problem tearing through the packaging. I do keep those card backs, though.

15. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Two figures that I'm very eager to open but can't/won't until I have sufficient space cleared in my room is Henkei Hound and FP City Commander.

I want to give them the proper attention I know they will deserve.

16. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    Yeah last month I was going to open everything I saved. So it all gets pulled down and then it all went back up. Just couldn't do it....but Animated Blur got opened except I cant force myself to transform him. lol

17. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    It all depends on the space available. I usually open them up in a day or two most likely on a Friday night, Saturday Morning when it's quiet in the house so I have time to lokk at it's awesomeness!!!:drool: 

18. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Depending on the figure....

If its new, Ill open it as soon as I take it home/recieve it in the mail

If its a MIB Vintage, I would probably take it out and transform it a couple times before putting it back in

MISB Vintage.....yeah they aint being opened anytime soon, maybe if I ever got a 2nd one so I could display one in box and one to play with.