Finally got back part of my childhood!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prowl Convoy, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Prowl Convoy

Prowl Convoy Well-Known Member

So the other day an old friend of mine came over with a surprise. He was selling some of his G1 collection, but there was one he could not sell for one reason: He wanted to give it to someone who would appreciate it.

Years ago (When I was turning 8 I believe) my parents let me pick out one toy for my birthday. I wanted Powermaster Prime, but my parents said they could not afford him. So I decided on Doubledealer. This TF was the most kick ass toy I have ever gotten, and remained my favorite for years (funny thing was, my Grandparents got me Powermaster Prime the same year, lol). Fast forward to 1995, I had some G2 toys, but I was sad: My younger brothers destroyed Doubledealer and lost his parts in a sand box at the park while I was at a friends house. Half of his head was snapped, etc. I was devastated to say the least.

So now I have Doubledealer Again, with his original box. All I need to do is get his sticker sheet from reprolables, and I can apply them. And I got him for free, out of the kindness of someones heart. Damn did I get lucky.

Anyone have a similar story?

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That's pretty cool! I'm glad you finally got your favourite TF back! I really want to get an RiD Prime and Darkscream. Back in the day they were the only two TFs I ever parted with, all the others I kept until today! :thumb s

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome! Congrats.

Though I probably won't replicate your situation unless I track down a G1 Devastator in great condition (or the improbable happens and it gets reissued), once I started collecting again I naturally started with the reissues. Opening and transforming Prime, Jazz and Starscream, after 15-20 years of not having touched Transformer toys, came back like second nature. THAT was cool.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I left TFs for almost five years. When I opened Animated Grimlock, I was so pleased to open a Transformer again. I began buying more because I remembered how awesome they were.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My brother lost my '07 Bumblebee head in the grass somewhere in the front lawn. I was pretty pissed. My friend gave me a Cliffjumper. I traded him for an Energon Hot Shot. Glad you got Doubledealer! I haven't heard of him but, I'll look him up!