Finally Gave In

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok, ive officially gone nuts and bought my first Transformer online-its RID Galvatron-the one that turns into like 10 different things. is he any good, or dod i just blow $60?

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Well, I don't know about the figure (no experience with it), but you've certainly opened up a door that you're never going to be able to close again. I hope you're prepared for the consequences!

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN!

4. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

like what mineraljane said, once you enter, you'll have a hard time getting out! lol

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It certainly is a nice figure (err well from my experience having had RiD Megatron). Love the crazy number of transformations for it, looks good in most of his modes. All in all solid. $60 is a bit more than I personally would have spent, but it certainly is worth it.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well i have almost no Decepticons, so i figured he'd be a good one-and since its $40 for a Leader with one alt mode (movie Leaders) i figured 20 bucks for 8 extra forms was worth it.

7. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check Junkion Thread next time. I have a minty one loose for $20.

Junkion rules!

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya, i probably should have looked harder before i bought it, but i need to know-is it a good toy?

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT. Now that you've started online B/S/T-ing, it's almost impossible to stop. I don't own that toy, but from the pics I've seen it looks pretty solid, just do some backround checks on the figure to see if you'd like it, such as overall prices and reviews(youtube's a good place for those) on a transformer next time you plan to get one online. That way you make sure you'll be happy with your purchase.

10. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Both Hasbro releases for R.I.D. Megatron/Glavatron is in fact the same mold, They didn't use the Takara version of Megatron Just the Glavatron mold.

Never the less it's an awesome figure.

11. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's got a lot of fiddly bits to it. I like the two headed dragon mode and bot mode, but some of the other modes stretch the imagination. I'd pick RID prime over it, but I've never been a huge RID fan.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    can someone give me a link to a review? ive searched everywhere, but for the life of me cant find one.

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    and i have RID Prime (well, bits of him) and RID Magnus, figured the villian would be a nice touch ^_^

14. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I got one off of ebay last month for $31 shipped. It's an excellent figure, but I think you overpaid. If you can't find a video review of it, PM me and I'll make one and add it to my Transformers YT channel for ya.

15. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congratulations on your purchase! You've just opened up Pandora's box with it! :)  As stated earlier, do some more research before buying and check out our Junkion Exchange. There are always great deals to be had from your fellow Transformers Fans!

16. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think it's a good figure, it was one of my first purchases when RID got me back into collecting.

But whether YOU will like it is a different story, everyone has their own tastes. My philosophy on the value of a figure is my overall happiness with my purchase, if your happy with the figure once you have it in your hands, it was a good purchase. No matter what was paid for it. So what if it was available somewhere else cheaper? You'll just know where to look first when you make your inevitable next purchase. Don't let that detract from your enjoyment of all those nifty alt modes!:2c: 

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol, i get it, i overpaid-ill be sure to hunt better next time-but what i want to know no is-is it a decent figure? like durable and stuff like that, does it look good in its various alt modes? cause i cant find pictures or anything

18. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I don't have that one yet, but he's an interesting figure. I would get him, though.

19. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well, as someone previously said, some people will love tihs figure and other don't. For me it's a SUPERB mold! You will ahve tons of fun transforming all the alt modes. He's certainly a great figure to display in robot mode thakns to the cool articulated wings.

This figure got me back into collecting, once I saw him on the original Car Robots OPening sequence (a fantastic 3D animated sequence, not the simple and boring RID opening) I decided to get him. It was the very first figure I got when I decided to get back to collecting.

On the other hand, I also suggest you to try to look for more oofers. Here in Junkion or be patient on Ebay. I got a Japanese Devil Gigatron (RId Galvatron, same mold new colors) for $15+shipping.

Congrats on your new figure!

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's a pretty cool figure. Some of the modes are more "WTF?" than others, but the robot mode alone is worth having the toy. Personally I wouldn't have paid that much, but it is a cool toy nonetheless.

TFU.info has some good pics of all the modes. http://tfu.info/2001/Predacon/Megatron/megatron.htm