Finally bought Leader Prime!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Ok ok, this is going to be a sorta rant/review so sorry if it's overkill.

First, I would have liked to have gotten RV Prime but I was a little late to the party. Pretty much each auction on ebay for him went for as much as Leader Prime was in stores. Even though I prefered RV's bot mode I figured I'd get Leader and things would be fine and dandy.

Holy smoke does this toy have tons and tons of kibble. Totally rivals MP-05 (I would say beats him) in overall stuff just hanging off him. His bottom half also feels unnecessarily bulky and limits his leg movement a lot. Also, his top half doesnt have that roided robot look that I was hoping he'd have. Thankfully, neither does RV/Voyager.

The detail is sick and the paint aps I love.

His bot mode is good, but his truck mode is where he totally kicks ass. Suddenly all that kibble comes together nicely and you got yourself an awesome AWESOME truck. My MP-04 trailer should go well with it.

Just so I could buy this toy I had to put in the product number in the Target price check thingy and have one of the workers get it for me (this is the third time I've done it, and like they say third times a charm). With tax he was about $40 bucks. I can see why he costs what he costs but urgh, I didnt want to make anymore big TF purchases. We'll see how long I keep him. It took me 40 minutes to transform him without instructions. He's a pretty complicated toy.

Oh and every place I went was sold out of him. I consider myself pretty lucky.

2. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

congrats in the purchase, well worth it.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

So, Robovision Prime is sold out? I saw like 12 of him the other night.

4. Nerdling

Ebay:
    I checked the Target website and did the store locater thing. The Target near me had them all sold out. In fact most Targets dont have him anymore, and Leader Prime is on the way out, if he isnt sold out already. I think in the long run I'll have made the right choice.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Enjoy your leader Prime. He is an awesome toy. I would like to get the voyager myself as well. Congrats!

6. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

From the perspective of someone who has both, you made the right choice. My RV Prime is a shelfwarming truck.

7. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

There are lots of Leader Primes and RV Primes at my Target. Most places I go around here have plenty of leader Megs and Prime.

8. Nerdling

Ebay:
    Dude you live in WISKANSIN, I'm in the most consumer crazed city outside of Japan.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm Keeping mine,MISB!

10. Nerdling

Ebay:
    For 5 minutes.

Since most of my TFs are back in Los Angeles I was itching for one I could play with that I wouldnt have to worry about breaking. This toy is all kinds of awesomeness. If you dont actually play with him, man, you dont know what youre missing.

11. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I was just bragging cuz I'm gonna go buy some tomorrow. :D 

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I don't see much of a point to keeping the movie figs MISB, not like they will be worth anything more in the future.

Plus they are oh so fun.

13. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Isn't Leader Prime considered the best Optimus Prime toy ever made though? I recall reading that a few times (though that may have just been some random opinions around here). Oh well, despite planning on making money off of some of my figures someday, I still open them; I'm too much like a little kid in some ways.

14. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Best mainline Optimus by far, yes.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah, a fair few people (myself included) think Leader Prime is the best (mainline at least) Prime ever, and some do like him more than MP Prime (I tend to agree, but I've only messed a bit with MP Prime and dont own my own for a good comparison).

16. Nerdling

Ebay:
    I doubt they'll go as high as some classics and titaniums have been going because of their commonality and the distribution. Also, when the 2nd movie comes out we're gonna get more. They might temporarily spike up then but it'll be a while before that happens.