Finally Bought HA Mudflap

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cliffbee, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

I finally purchased an HA Mudflap through Amazon.com. It arrived today, and... I'm not overwhelmed. HA Skids looks much nicer in both forms, Mudflap's head is the uglier of the two, and the bike that comes with Mudflap is horrible. HA Mudflap isn't bad-looking. It's just not as nice-looking as HA Skids.

Now that I have all of the HA figures (shy of the repackaged Bumblebee and recolored Sideswipe, neither of which are on my radar), I still hope Hasbro makes more HA figures. Hopefully the line will expand beyond the relatively few appropriately sized movie-era toys. For example a HA G1 Bumblebee would be awesome... as would an enormous, HA movie-era Optimus Prime.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I kind of doubt we'll see the HA series return for Dark Moon.

3. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in the same situation as you, I finally got HA Mudflap to complete my (non-repainted) HA line. Difference was I knew Mudflap was not that great but got him at full price anyways to complete the lineup. I think Mudflap and Skids are considered joke characters so don't expect them to be at the same level as HA Jazz.

4. Cliffbee

Part of why I like the Human Alliance line is that I was a huge KNIGHT RIDER fan back in the day. I own the "Knight 2000 Voice Car," a large toy of KITT with a Michael Knight action figure that could sit inside. When that show's fourth season introduced the shark-jumping "Super Pursuit Mode," which involved all sorts of crazy stuff popping out of the car, I used to wish that a new "transforming" version of the Voice Car toy would be made.

The Human Alliance toys aren't KITTs, but they're very, very cool.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think we'll see it.

6. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2NDed......i think we will se them too

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Well, most people hyped HA Mudflap to God status, and, like all things hyped, some people ended up disappointed. It happens.
    As for HA returning, I won't bet on it, considering the ROTF one had average success. I would like to see the Ferrari and whatnot in plastic form, especially if the focus is vehicle mode like with the HA's.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think the quality of HA Mudflap was hyped. Fans just tend to get excited over hard to find figures, even ones that suck.

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

That's essentially what I meant. But the quality does seem to become apparent, in the back of our heads at least, when a ton of people buy a figure. Everybody hates Blazemaster, and they would probably hate Evac, too, if he wasn't so hard to find.

10. Cliffbee

Mudflap is better than Sideswipe, though -- in robot mode, anyway.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Hasbro answered an inquiry on a previous Q&A to say that the HA line has done well for them and that they wish to make more based on this.

12. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    The HA line sold fairly well here. Now that all the tj maxx and Marshall have them on clearance, it doesn't look like they did, but when the movie figs first came out, they were hard to find here. BB and sideswipe sold really well when they initially came out. I'm sure we'll see some dotm HA.