Finally beat walmart last night...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grandizerGo, May 14, 2009.

1. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    On sat of last week went to my local walmart and behold revenge of the fallen figures on the shelf just deluxes..I was like sweet ,took the 5 to to register ..and guess what item not found,so here comes the overweight sloppy manager who cares less about anyone,but to make a long story short after arguing for over an hour left empty handed :bay .he insisted all will be pulled from the shelves...well last night i stop in again on my way home from work ..leader class,voyager class,and deluxes filled half of the isle..got one of each and same shit happens again..now im pissed :banghead: ,i explained to them how inconvenienced i was after this happened lass than a week ago.I told them they have a street date but shouldnt be on the shelves at all and another heated discussion takes place :duel .but guess what? another super nice store manager gets involved,asked me what happened? i received an apology,a gift card and she let me purchase all of the toys and said sir hope you accept are apologies tonight..she ran them through as mis. toys and looked up the price in the computer..so not all walmart employees are the same..250.00 later and a 50.00 gift card..made my night..tons of toys.my question is why did i have to go through all that bullshit the first time..if one manager could do it they all should be able to.oh well nice to have these guys early :rock 

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rolleyes: :crazy: :deadhorse: 

All I can say is your dedicated, I have never needed something that bad. I understand Walmart should not put these figures on the shelf and you brought it to there attention that they need to be removed.

Glad you got what you wanted and obviously it was worth it to you.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool. Maybe next time just come back after the street date has passed and not waste everyone's time.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow...thats awsome,, i havent seen the first sign of ROTF toys in any stores where i am...can you post pics of your haul..ide liek to see how much 250 gets.....b/c ill probably be getting them all..even though i said only a few at first....im a sucker like most...

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    This^

Seriously, just be patient. We'll all be sick of seeing RotF figures soon enough, no need to rush. I mean seriously, 2 hours of arguing over this? How it "inconvenienced" you to not get your toys early?

*sigh*

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Is it really...THAT hard.....to wait until the end of the month?

7. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

the person wasn't being "nice" they have a policy if the annoying customer doesn't shut up after 45 minutes over something they have to give it to them.
    they just wanted you to stop bitching and get the fuck out and stop wasting thier time and payroll with your crying ;-)

A winner is you!

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I picked up preview ROTF Soundwave from a Kerrisons toyshop here in Britain this morning with no problem at all (skipped on picking up the Bumblebee). But then they're only a little shop and probably didn't care about street dates. Or are the previews already out properly now and I've just missed the news on that? This all gets confusing after a while.

Great that the OP got the figures they wanted in the end, but if I'd been told they weren't for sale yet I'd have just shrugged and waited.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Eh, wouldn't call it great. If anything it just makes the fandom look even worse.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Good Job!

Screw all you who don't support him on this. They shouldn't be putting anything out they don't intend on selling. It's illegal, it's called Bait & Switch.

I'd have done exactly the same thing, but it would have been done the first time.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It makes us look like whiners.

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think u did the right thing, the didnt sell a week ago
    then you come back and there is more out...still not selling i mean a figure or two out but .."..leader class,voyager class,and deluxes filled half of the isle.." is a bit much not to be selling them...i prob. would have lost my cool too...knowing i shouldnt but more frustration would get the best of me.....hot heads get what they want sometime....

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It proves that most Walmarts doesn't care about customer service. All they care is making that money and profits.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, great for the OP personally I meant. But yeah, as a fandom I guess it does inch us a bit closer to being like Hotwheels collectors when having a big complain is the way to get what you want when you already know it shouldn't be for sale yet.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If anyone is going to beat Wal-Mart would you please beat it with the biggest damn stick you can find because it's the worst place in the US to shop for toys.

Although it never stops being funny how they will put toys with a street date out and then not sell the item to someone. What's next display tires but not sell you a tire when you have a flat because someone put a street date on the tires. Street dates are nothing but a artificial means of creating hype so fans will over spend on their first purchases, and yet we fall for it every time.

Silliness all around from all sides so I love it because I'm just on the side lines this time watching the circus.

16. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's not.
    Street dates are set so no retailer that happens to get high demand product early has an edge in placing them no store shelves sooner than any other store.

The hype is related to the fact this it is being driven by a blockbuster movie.

17. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I don't think you beat Walmart. I think you did what my 3 year old son does....whine and cry untill you get what you want. Please tell us why you couldn't wait untill the end of the month for the toys?

(and don't try that tired s**t like " if it is on the shelf, they HAVE to seel it to me!!!!!! That logic doesn't work on those of us patient enough to wait another 16 days)

18. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Things on the SALES floor are for sale.

I can't believe ppl are saying this makes TF collectors look bad. All toy collectors are seen the same way. You and I may see the difference between Hotwheels guys and G.I. Joe guys and etc.,etc. but to the average person,all toy collectors are the 40 year old virgin. When someone with social skills,decent clothing,and a non-overweight body buys a figure,the clerk assumes it's a present for a kid.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Good for you, grandizerGO - if they were still up AFTER they said they would take them down, fuck 'em.

They lied right to your face, so they are in the wrong. I don't know if I would have given them that much of my time over it (and I would have kept my cool), but I definitely would have asked to speak to a manger right away the second time and demanded some answers.

Actually, I would have just used the self-checkout in the first place and bet on the self-checkout clerk not giving a shit and ok'ing it.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb