Final Victory Not G1 Warpath

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 1, 2018.

1. StriderHiryu

StriderHiryu Well-Known Member

Yes, while the proportions look fairly decent, trying to pass this off at an MP price would be insulting. Those molded plastic treads look so cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

I'm not normally a big fussy paint guy, but this needs some work. Face looks very odd and it's weird having only the head and turret picked out in metallic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jbwkkl

jbwkkl Wrecker for life

I'm in a similar boat. Brawn is the only figure I would want. Hate where Huffer's "front wheels" end up in bot-mode, and Warpath's feet look similar in size to Seaspray's feet

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I don't care for Huffer in general. This set is a good opportunity to polish off the minibots, though.

Could this company be related to one of the 3P Legends+ companies? They seem to share a lot of the same qualities, design wise.

I dont think I would readily pay over $100 for this set, before a lot of reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I think I would get this to try to fit in with Classics. It is really a 3-pack?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wording in posting with pics seems to specifically say non matching colors are not final.

"Sample non-big goods color matching"

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Notice in that one dynamic pose picture, they have his buttflap raised up and sticking straight out from his back? That's pretty much the deal breaker for me, even if they fix the colors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Oh! Non-big goods? Say no more!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Interesting. I could see myself getting one if it's cheap. It's not definitive, but I don't really care enough about upgrading my MP warpath to blow $100 on just him. If this 3 pack goes for about $100 I'll bite even though I have no need for a Huffer

• Like Like x 2
  10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sad thing is, we were kind of wavering on the grey prototype images, waiting for colour. A premium finish with nice paint and glossy plastic could have tipped this over the edge into MP (the lower tiers of MP but still “close enough for many”) Instead the milky plastic, lack of finish and general air of cheapness has firmly pushed this back into Chug territory for many.
    That’s the thing with toon accurate designs. All that bare plastic needs a really nice finish to maintain the premium look. Without that you fall back into the realm of Hasbro shelf hangers. Combine that with a “three pack only” sale and they may be limiting their audience.
    Flip side is that sold separately these would probably be too expensive. In a theee pack they have the option to sell them cheaper. At that point, they’re a maybe... I can always get ‘em cheap, disassemble and paint myself. Not sure it’ll be worth the bother though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

those white bits....look like really bad. funny thing is if Takara did this fanboys would be like.. OMG so toon accurate, its supposed to be that way! common sense has dictated that on almost every warpath toy ever that those white bits are really grey or metallic grey or at least not that bright and bad looking. the tank is also very g1 toy and toon accurate btw....and it looks bad becuase those white bits need to be darker.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    In fairness, Takara would at least slap a coat of paint on theirs. Probably a nice pearl white on the tracks and a rich burgundy on the tank. The issue for this less about the flat toon surfaces, it’s the lack of finish on said surfaces to really make it pop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    There’s some hope, per the original text...

Today's first three strong Warriors 01 war machine color sample set photo, the barrel can be retractable, the hatch can be opened, the turret 360 ° rotation, the tank end can open the auxiliary missile, with the mp car, tomorrow continue to the next member, thank you for your support Us PS: Sample non-big goods color matching

• Like Like x 2
  14. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You're wasting your time. Nobody seems to be able to read the text with the pics. I mean, how many posts commenting on the colors not matching have we seen? Lol...

• Like Like x 5
  15. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Well in fairness “sample non-big goods colour matching” isn’t the clearest description...
    I just need to know: paint (or at least glossy clearcoat) or bare plastic?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    That's ok, I ran the text through the Translato-tron 2000

It reads:
    "For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle."

• Like Like x 4
  17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    I like the look of this guy. If the finished product has an overall consistant red, I'm all in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Update:
    Show.Z is listing a price of $110 for the three pack:
    upload_2018-11-14_15-11-41.png

Given general pricing trends that suggests maybe $65-$70 for this set from TaoBao.
    I think that will work for me, given I have zero interest in the Warpath. $30-$35 a piece is comparable to KO prices and good enough for a decent looking alt mode.
    Minimum of $110 is way too expensive from other retailers though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

So these are definitely "MP scale"? MP minibot scale anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Further info from the Brawn thread regarding a Baidu post:
    From the comments in that same Baidu thread:

3 sets of more than 600, very expensive. Dahan also has shock absorption settings. The
    three strong warriors 01-War Machine (Trenches) The weight of the unit is 215g. The vehicle can be retractable, the hatch can be opened, the turret can be rotated 360°, the rear end of the tank can be opened to assist the missile, and the mp is matched. The carriage, the overall alloy of the turret. The three strong warriors 02 vigorously Hummer (Dahan) single weight 170g, equipped with 4 rounds of built-in spring suspension mechanism, 4 alloy wheel rubber tires, full alloy, human face changing mechanism, rubber mirror. The three strong warriors 03 Lu Xun chariot (Lu Yi) single weight 160g, alloy proportioning, rubber tires, rubber reversing mirror, human face changing mechanism, can be equipped with mp car. Official Guide Price: Set 6XX yuan (booking discount) Estimated time to market: December 2018 (for reference only, the release time is subject to actual)
    I think the first is Wardog, the second Brawn and the last is Huffer (gven "can be equipped with MP car" - probably means can tow Primes trailer)

So it may be 600 rather than 699, which is closer to US$85. That's just on the wrong side of too much for me, but a lot better than the big retailers at minimum of $110.
    Show.z is usually 30-35% more epensive than TaoBao so it could come in even cheaper. I'll reserve judgement on final cost.

• Like Like x 1