Final TR Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GhostCenturion, May 21, 2017.

1. GhostCenturion

GhostCenturion Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure Titans Return will end wave six, considering that's about as long as Combiner Wars lasted. I can also see what I call "line deterioration", which is basically when there are more mold reuses than new molds. However, with the amazing amount of remolding this line is doing, I don't mind. I just think it signifies the beginning of the end of the line.

Wave Six will probably come out officially around the holiday season, and we've already got one remold confirmed. I'm thinking that Highbrow will get slightly remolded into an Animated Megatron, because it both fits almost perfectly, there's already a peg in the spot that the fusion canon would go on the helicopter mode, and it's been long enough since Animated (almost ten years, if Wave Six comes out in November or December).

We haven't gotten a Kup remold confirmed yet, but a lot of people speculate it'll be Orion Pax. I think it could work as an animated Cybertron Optimus Prime. It's more likely that we'll get a more generic Pax, but I can dream.

Speculate away.

• Like Like x 1
  2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I want confirmation on Voyager apeface and snap dragon in Voyager wave six. Is there any wave six tm confirmed yet? I want starscream!

• Like Like x 4
  3. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    I want autobot targetmaster since they have decepticon targetmaster.

• Like Like x 1
  4. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I think most of the wave six stuff has been revealed . we have rough pics of two of the deluxe wave

5. GhostCenturion

They have Kup and Hot Rod.

6. GhostCenturion

I'm pretty sure we just have Slugslinger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Misfire is part of wave 5 with Windblade & Twin Twist; Slugslinger is part of wave 6, so we should have at least 2 more deluxes, minimum, in that wave with him.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I wonder if Titan Masters Optimus Prime and Toraizer are still happening.

Based on their Hasbro product code numbers, they should have been included in the wave with Ramhorn.

9. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would TR end this year?
    RID has been going strong for several years and continues

10. GhostCenturion

RID is a toyline, though. It exists as long as the show exists. I'm judging this line's end by the increased number of remolds and repaints, as well as the amount of time CW lasted.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Because The Power of the Primes has to happen at some point?

Also, RID is backed by an ongoing cartoon. And has been rebranded several times as well. Titans Return is a subline of the Generations line, and part of the Prime Wars Trilogy. Thus far we had:

Robots in Disguise: Robots in Disguise (no subline), Mini-Con Weaponizers, Combiner Force (plus the TRU exclusive "Clash of the Transformers" subline)
    Generations (Prime Wars Trilogy): Combiner Wars, Titans Return (and soon, The Power of the Primes)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, since Blitzwing and Octone - the last revealed stand alone voyagers - already started hitting Target a couple weeks ago, and people are finding Seaspray at comic shops and shows, we should have at least one more wave before PoTP hits, maybe more if PoTP doesn't really hit until the start of next year.

I could see the next Legends wave having Beachcomber, possibly Outback, if we are really lucky Ratbat and maybe Frenzy. Outback and Frenzy would be such simple repaint/minor retools that they should happen. Who knows about the deluxes, but a new Nighbeat/Siren and maybe Horri-Bull (remold from Weirwolf?) would be nice. I could see the last voyager wave(s) being some combination of Snapdragon & Apeface (heavy parts sharing between them) and Sandstorm & Springer (one base body mold withing modest remolding between them).

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well if you created this thread as a wishlist, what i hope for most of all are voyagers Apeface and Snapdragon.
    But i'm also keeping my fingers crossed for deluxes Crosshairs, Sureshot and Pointblank.
    They can do what they want with the remaining legend and leader slots but i need the remaining first year headmasters and targetmasters in this subline. And also Justice demands it. Justice!

• Like Like x 1
  14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Formally speaking, Titans Return ends, that is true.
    However, people really get hung up too much on a name.

It's moreso about a fluid transition from one line into another.
    Even though the gimmick might physically change, a similar concept of a wide-line playpattern ecosystem will be the foundation of
    Power of the Primes too. Even the style and sculpting will probably be just an evolution towards a style which Titans Return was already hinting at.

So, PotP will feature more 1987-1988-1988 toy characters, with a few outliers here and there.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been really hush-hush about Generations since they started their movie blitz. Hascon may be the next time we hear anything about Titans Rerun, but it's just as likely we'll be surprised when we find Titan Master Optimus Prime and Voyager Apeface in a K Mart in Ohio.

16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Based on some of the rumours, I've speculated on this in a few other threads over the last few months. Here's that list.

Titan Masters: Battletrap, Ranger, Hosehead, Grotusque, Arcee
    Legends: Freeway, Searchlight
    Deluxe: Crosshairs, Slugslinger, Pointblank, Starscream (potential Wingblade repaint?)
    Voyager: Apeface, Snapdragon
    Leader: Deathsarus

Though that looks like a lot of Titan Masters in that last wave, maybe we'll get a couple in the other box sets. Other than Ranger, I can't imagine any of those I'd want to come without a TM vehicle/drone/gun. I'm fairly certain that Arcee will be a loudmouth repaint with the a new face and Grotusque a Fangry repaint with a new face.

As Nevermore alluded to, it's odd that we've not seen any other Titan Masters for wave 5 other than Ramhorn and it does make me wonder and worry.

• Like Like x 2
  17. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You are very correct , And I for one CAN NOT wait to see how this trilogy pans out . I am confident that even after POTP ends that the GENERATIONS line will follow suit , and continue some unknown course that Has/Tak is hatching up ...... I am genuinely excited about this ...... I think at some point in the next 4 or 5 years we will have seen most every one from all lore`s and mythos combined in to one super huge Universe , and not so much a multiverse as it is now ... IMO . It`s kinda obvious from the evolution of things thus far , OF COURSE hAS/tAK has been known to throw curve balls from time to time . I`m so excited , I could pop a gasket ! lmfao .

• Like Like x 5
  18. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have been super curious about the lack of info on the TM`s as well , but all I seem to be thinking about are if the PREDACONS / TERRORCONS are going to be box sets ? , all so are the counter parts to the boxed set Decepticon / Autobot clones going to be main line , or other box sets ? , Because I am all about obtaining Wingspan and POUNCE :)  Lovely renditions of their G1 selves .

19. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The main line collector toys only go for about 16 months. Gen30 July 2013- December2014. Combinerwars Jan 2015-May 2016, and titans Return July2016-December 2017. Also We could potentially have TR box sets going into Power of the Primes like we was CW boxes go into the TR line.

• Like Like x 2
  20. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    It would stand to reason as well that they would be releasing a prelude figure to PotP. Just like they did with Buzzsaw at the end of Combiner Wars.

• Like Like x 1