Final TFCC TFSS 5.0 now shipping!!! (Mystery figure revealed)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SeiberBirdR, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My SG Decepticon combiner will be called Knockout, named after one of the minicon partners of the original Wreckage. He is the most made of the most handsome Decepticons.

Scattershot as SG Triggerhappy as the torso. Limbs are SG Starscream, Slicer, Nightbird and Cicadacon.

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    its a pretty decent name. I may do the same once I see who I have left.

3. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Okay, this news topic is a little old, with no posts for a month... but I was looking for a group photo of series 5 and couldn't find one, so did one up myself...

[​IMG]

From left - Lifeline (w/ Quickslinger at the front), Scorponok, Fractyl, Optimus Prime (w/ HiQ & shell), Megatron (w/ Spacewarp & shell), Toxitron (forms Wreckage), Counterpunch, SG Starscream (the mystery toy).

Speaking of Modulus, I also couldn't find a photo of one that matched the FunPub instructions (the photo a few posts up had Gen2 Ratchet, which was not the version in the instructions)... so I did one of that as well, using all Hasbro toys, since this is a (FunPub) Hasbro combiner...

[​IMG]

For those like me who are/were unfamiliar with Combiner Modulus, it was the "possible suggestion" noted on the instructions for the Subscription SG Starscream toy... made up of,
    - Scattorshot (the single pack version for those who had one spare),
    - Gen1 Ratchet (Custom Class Gen1 version if you want your Modulus to be exactly like the "suggestion", or the JP version if you only have that version),
    - Rook (for those who bought the Groove toy and had Rook left over from the Defensor combiner),
    - Medix (BotCon 2016 custom class toy), and
    - Shattered Glass Starscream (Subscription toy).

Surprisingly, TFwiki doesn't appear to have a page for Modulus yet, even though they are usually involved in some way with the FunPub universe characters and stories.
    But I did find this regular wiki page with some info on this (final?) combiner.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    See, now I'm confused.

"Betatron" is Scattershot and any four limbs, right?

But now we've got "Modulus" which is Scattershot and *these* limbs?

But he's also "Computron" with the rest of the Technobots?

5. legotron123

legotron123 Child of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. It makes perfect sense. Also, is anyone else hoping that Reprolabels will make a set to turn him into Skyfeather, just that he has a bit of white on his chest to match his limbs and so he's not so OVERWHELMINGLY RED.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The computron Scattorshot has more paint than the retail one. But yeah, you can use the solo version to make Betatron or Scattorshot.

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I wasn't referring to the figures but the character. It's further blurring the lines between what represents a combiner. When does Scattershot form Betatron and when is he Modulus or Computron?

8. Farstryder

Farstryder Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I have UW Computron as the "real" Computron, CW as Betatron, and the single Scatterhot as the torso to Modulus.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Think of it as Betatron is Scattershot with Mirage, Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Ironhide.

Modulus is Scattershot with SG Starscream, Medix, Rook, and Ratchet.

The personality and overall identity of each is impacted by the limbs.

Modulus being basically the leftover heroic characters that weren't paired with a particular body (since there is the box set Computron and Rook could be replaced with Groove).

Randy

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    But then you've got Ultra Prime and Galvatronus where the torso is the only defining trait of the combiner. Which is what I thought Betatron was...Scattershot as a prototype who's combined mode was a test for the "true" combiner when the rest of the Technobot team was assembled.

Which raises the question: If I take Pyra Magna and slap on four random limbs that aren't Torchbearers...is she still Victorion? Or is she Ultra Magna? Or is she somebody completely different?

I kinda wish CW had dealt with this kind of identify crisis more with Combiners. I'd love the idea of a random team of bots forming a new combiner who's personality ends up being strong enough that it doesn't want to break up because doing so feels like "dying" to it.

11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Well beyond toys and some Japanese fiction, Western fiction has always made combiners pretty much singular entities and ignored the scramble city aspect. In Cylconus's case, I assume he just uses the limbs with his personality or Galavatron's (if you don't ignore the head's identity)in control, as if they were mindless drones with zero mind merging. (See RID 2000 Ruination) You could say the same for Betatron if you like, if even acknowledge it in the first place. Red Prime and White Prime were still both the same dude with the same set limbs with IDW having a merged mind.

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    But then you've also got situations like IDW Devastator where Megatron expressly refused to join because he didn't want to give up his mind in such a way...while Starscream chooses Scoop to replace Scrapper (uh, spoiler?) because the former's loyalty to him is strong enough to influence the collective.

Meanwhile IDW introduces ideas like Menasor being a weaker combiner (or at least more chaotic) because his minds didn't gel well enough together, while Computron is slower because his minds work, but more as a collective than a singular identity.

Goddamn now I want a bigger exploration into combiners than we'll probably ever see.

13. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Those instances were all "man-made", as it were and not Enigma based. With Menasor in IDW, that only ever applied to his pre Enigma version built by Swindle. Each of the three versions of Devastator, were different, but two of those, including the modular one were still pre Enigma, with the Scoop version becoming the true combiner. Computron doesn't exist in IDW, so there isn't really a Enigma based one to go on besides the cartoon that most people pretend didn't happen.

14. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    I would think if a particular center had an overpowering personality or influence, that would tend to come out more. Like Optimus and Galvatronus.

• Like Like x 1
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I hate how we're putting more thought into this than IDW may have. So much potential. Do they explore anything like this with Victorion/Torchbearers since she's a regular character?

16. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    It been a while since I read the one shot, but I think do touch on it a bit there and when she first showed up in the RID/TF/Optimus on going. They do go on a bit about influence post combining with Optimus in regards to Prowl here and there, when they bother to remember that sub plot.

17. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    This is really fascinating discussion... which I never even thought about before. The Scramble City combiners were also supposed to be interchangeble as characters, but then, who or what decides the combiner's name if they are "gestalts" (a combined mind, which obviously changes when any of the five parts are different).
    Cyclonus has the character bio noting that he captures and controls the four limbs, so he would always be Galvatronus no matter who the limbs were... while the original CW concept had me believing that the combiner name was purely based on who the core toy was, but now with Scattorshot being able to form Betatron, Computron and Modulus, depending on who the limbs are, it suggests that other combiners could be the same.

Or, we are just over-thinking this, and all Combiners are only named according to who their core Voyager is (see below), and FunPub's naming of Modulus is just an accidental contradiction... along with Hasbro creating the name "Betatron", as it may have just been named by Hasbro before it was known that they were doing a Computron boxset.

From a story perspective, maybe the three combiner names for Scattershot could be like a process he went through, of names and pairings to four different team-members, before finally settling on the name Computron with the four Technobots limbs.

Silverbolt = Superion
    Motormaster = Menasor
    Onslaught = Bruticus
    Hot Spot = Defensor
    Optimus Prime = Ultra Prime
    Cyclonus = Galvatronus
    Battle Core Optimus Prime = Optimus Maximus
    Sky Lynx = Sky Reign
    Dezarus = Liokaiser
    Pyra Magna = Victorion
    Scattershot = Computron/Betatron

18. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
  19. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Start your morning with Quaker Oats.

News Credits:
    Very little fiction has ever really covered this but in my head canon I've always figured that changing any member of a team would change the combined forms identity. Exceptions again in my head canon would be Cuclonus, Optimus Prime, Bludgeon, because they have something in them that gives Ultra Prime, Galvatronus and Thunder Mayhem there own personality. Devistator is an artificially made combiner and can only be formed with the six Constructicons no one else.

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Except Prowl.

Or Megatron.