Final TFCC TFSS 5.0 now shipping!!! (Mystery figure revealed)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SeiberBirdR, Mar 23, 2017.

1. combinerlover

combinerlover TERRORCONS , merge , and form ABOMINUS

I sadly have never got to partake in any of the Subscription services , so I hope HASBRO  / TAKARA bring to life some thing simular .... I like the idea of them creating new molds for the service ... I.E OILMASTER :)    Love that sh*t .

• Like Like x 2
  2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    One of the SD stories towards the end of the TCC's run had a comic with SG Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Skywarp was in that black / dark gray and blue color scheme.

G1 Sunbow SG Skywarp also appeared in that 2 page SG story at the end of a Joe comic from a couple months ago. In that comic Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker were in the UW Ghost Starsream body. Starscream and Thundercracker used their existing SG color schemes, while Skywarp was in his Deluxe Cybertron color scheme (purple with white and gray).

Here's a photo here. I wrote the bio for this one.

Randy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea I know. But for $300 on eBay for an unpainted figure and a few sticker apps, I was hoping for an official official one with bio and stuff.

But I'm cool with Starscream. I don't have the voyager one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Joe comic please?

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    This one: Twitter

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Not "all about" CW. But there are at least two molds in UW that have yet to come stateside (UW Nosecone and Blastoff) as well as the Demolishor head that we've seen.

Then you've got plenty of options for Titans in the same line.

TR Hot Rod -> Side Burn.
    TR PMOP -> RiD Ultra Magnus
    TR Mindwipe (or Twinferno) -> RiD Megatron

Etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

SG Starscream looks pretty cool in those pics. I would have preferd to have been surprised by opening the box when I get it instead of it being spoiled on the main page though.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Looks like in that JoeCon comic they were implying a Decepticon combiner?

I also notice SG Nightbird is basically Victorion Dustup.

IMG_20170518_111306.jpg IMG_20170518_111003.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I would have been all over that.
    Isn't the UW Sky-Reign mold the same? Although I guess it's not considered a Shattered Glass figure...I did have the custom Ratchet but no stickers so I guess for me it wouldn't have mattered, ah well. I sold it at cost too, and was thinking of using the Sky-Reign version as a stand in. Dang oh well it's all good.

Too true on the SG combiner.

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    810xKLIie0L._SL1500_.jpg With the right stickers Battle Core Optimus Prime could be a passable Shattered Glass Soundwave torso for a SG Decepticon combiner.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I'm pretty sure that unreleased by Hasbro figure is going to be the UW Blastoff mold

12. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the Shattered Glass / Mirror Universe concept is a tired old cliche best left to other franchises. When I found out that the bonus figure was another sodding SG character, my heart sank.

However, I must admit, SG Starscream is a lovely figure - those colours are absolutely stunning.

Looking past the fiction and the backstory and just appreciating this guy as an actual toy, I would say he's probably my favourite of the entire TFSS5.0 range.

13. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    Yes, that is the same mold. I might be tempted if I saw the figure for like $30. Mostly I have gone CW over UW. Though I bought both Computrons which I need to open and mix together. Also, now that I think about it, I don't have Liokaiser either. So there are five limb-bots I don't have from CW. I should have snagged him when Amazon had him at about $80. Here is hoping to the unlikely possibility of a UW version with six figures. Personally, I don't think that needs to be a double deluxe torso. Perhaps a heavy remold or new mold jet torso, plus a legends Jallguar.

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    The entire CW Victorion team looks like Takara/Hasbro had ideas for how they'd be reused and never did.

• Like Like x 2
  15. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah; for all one's opinions on SG, it's a nice deco. I dont' really care about SG one way or another at this point, but the Starscream deco was always a gorgeous one.

16. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Turbomaster

What's this comic called? Can you give a rundown on the plot?

17. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    A tale of two Toxies IMG_8098.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received mine today, remained successfully unspoiled!

...And then saw SG Starscream and remembered why I like being spoiled, to cushion disappointments. I already have SG Starscream, I wanted someone I don't already have. But that was more and more a feature of the Club in recent years, instead of doing new characters, redoing characters they already did, and in many cases not as well or effectively the second time around.

And I just realized that's this whole box. I got a better SG Starscream from them in 2008, a better Counterpunch (WITH Punch mode) in 2010, and a better Toxitron in 2011.

The Club was a mixed bag, for sure. This set didn't do it for me, but that 2017 Botcon set sure would have.

19. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Think of the new SG Starscream as CW R-Blade or Storm Jet and slap some Autobot symbols on him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine today and was successfully unspoiled prior to getting it. My first impression was disappointment since we already HAVE a SG Starscream. Then I transformed him into robot mode and thought he was ok. So I put him aside to assemble Wreckage.

Toxitron has a little head (but hey, who doesn't like a little head? :lol  ) and could definitely use more paint apps. It's too bad Reprolabels never makes stickers for club figures, because they could have a field day with him. Alas... He still looks cool.

Counterpunch looks good and all, but the screw that holds his crotch together won't tighten. I'm tempted to email Angie and see what I can do. Anyone else have a loose crotch Counterpunch?

So onto Wreckage... I put everything where it "officially" goes (based on Pete's pics) and he works nice. One of Toxitron's arms doesn't like to stay locked (I have every other variation of that mold and never encountered this problem unlike many others). No big deal. My biggest issue is Fractyl's foot plate is loose (which can be tightened) but his damn heel keeps shifting to one side or the other, threatening to topple it all over. Overall, he's a hodge podge of colors but it works. He just looks nice. Maybe nicer if he didn't have the Prime head, but it's better than the Menasor head.

So then Starscream was just sitting there... I decided to fiddle with him and transform him back and forth again. Overall, he really LOOKS good (he needs some polish though for his joints, but at this stage of the game, all CW molds need it) and I'm glad to have him. Would I have rather had a character I didn't already have? Sure. But he looks nice.