Final TFCC TFSS 5.0 now shipping!!! (Mystery figure revealed)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SeiberBirdR, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    it's spoiler free still.

2. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Yes!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Anyone have pictures of these guys?

4. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    SG Starscream seems both completely appropriate and utterly silly. Appropriate in that 5.0 seemed to be a mish mash of continuities and characters. Silly in the sense that that mold (or the Thrust one) had good uses that would have fit in well with recent Club offerings - Armada Dirge or Sunstorm to go w/Armada Skywarp and Ramjet, Skywarp was a 3H Wrecker, a Pretender Starscream deco would have fit in w/Prime and Megs, etc. I imagine I'll find a place for him on my shelves, but if not, I'm happy enough with the other 6 figures.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lumpy

News Credits:
    I feel like it's a bit of a waste, and has been for each TFSS. None of the mystery figures had a big draw, unfortunately. I think Impactor being the mystery figure and Bluestreak being the selling point last year would've been cool.

And I don't know if it's the delays or what, but I'm just not interested in this TFSS anymore. I was originally, and planned on keeping everything but the pretenders, but Lifeline didn't do it for me in person, the Toxitron pictures Jesse shared don't seem to be winning me over either, the mystery dude isn't doing it for me based on concept, actual images may change my mind... Counterpunch at least looks cool, and Fractyl & Quickslinder are with my 2015 Botcon set and his buddy Packrat... Spacewarp and Hi-Q are sitting on my beside table until I decide who they should go with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I assume the mystery dude will look pretty nice given the original figure's deco was pretty decent. But we'll see I guess.

7. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    I can totally understand where you're coming from. I wanted the Pretenders, Toxitron, and CP from this set. Fractyl was a fine throw-in since I have Predacus and Lifeline just feels like a figure I should have. But Toxitron's colors seem a bit muted (and I hate that the combined mode uses the OP head), Pretender Megs' Spacewarp connector is not entirely functional, and Lifeline can't hold her targetmaster . . .

Maybe it's just a hang up about things "going together*" but I just don't get Diaclone Bluestreak and the current mystery figure as good "bonuses" to the sets. Xaaron would have been an awesome Mayhem vs Wreckers bonus in my mind (or anyone else similarly related - Crankcase, e.g., or another BW character to go with Fractyl).

Having said all that, if the white on the mystery fig matches BC Prime and the other figures I have associated with him, he'll have a place on my shelf that's tolerable enough.

*It could also be Rewind and Eject being so clearly well-related from the first round of bonus figures

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    Agreed on the muted colors, the Lifeline hands, etc. And I agree that something more fitting with the themes would've been better as well, but oh well. I wish these were done with a little more consistency in theme, like the better received box sets of 2006, 2007, 2011, etc...

I'm sure it was also hard to plan, send something to Hasbro, get 3 of the 5 figures denied, then have to come up with more alternates that still fit with said theme, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Lifeline not getting the SDCC hands was and is a good thing. Being able to properly hold 4 accessories vs one gives more value to the toy and thought of using the SDCC hands was a bad idea from the get go. Also it's not like you can't give the TM to anyone else and the built in fiction even supports that Lifeline never uses it anyway.

10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GAH!! MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE DASHED!!!!!

11. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

So the mystery figure will he be in Classics Deluxe form or another form. I'm trying to be spoiler free also I guess

12. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    CW,
    should be a Sky Dive retool, hoping it was Air Raid for the Jetfire look. Either way I'll like just slap some Autobot symbols on him and call him R-Blade

13. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I looked at the Pete's Convention thread after @Lumpy said it was bonus figure free, and I have to say Wreckage looks flippin awesome. So glad I didn't skip this subscription. Now to wait till Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Wow, their big reveal is yet another shattered glass (marginally popular at best) Starscream, from a mold that isn't even a great Starscream? Indeed it is a great ending for them as it really displays how they were just making excess product without any meaning behind it. At some point less is more, especially at crazy prices.

15. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    I don't have much time, but at least I had time for more pictures than last time. At this point, if you are in this spoiler thread but trying to avoid spoilers it is all on you.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wiking and I didn't realize that the subscription service only started in 2013...Being a subscriber for the last 2 years wasn't too bad for me and was worth the $$ in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    I suppose I think it's a little silly to have chosen to pair her with a TM she can't hold (the hand choice was correct). Like, if they'd decided, budget-wise, to include another TM, give it to CP (and call him Punch), Starscream (homaging the Pretender shell), pair Quickslinger w/one of the CW figures, etc. It's just a weird choice to pair the two together

18. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wanted to say something about CP but now I am holding my tongue to avoid spoiling anything.

19. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Sapienbot

News Credits:
    Go right ahead. This is a spoiler thread after all. I'm hoping I have time to get back to some more pictures of the figures in robot mode today.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Knightsword

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    My guess, the Club was originally told by Hasbro that they had to use the new hands because of their retooled mold, so they paired up the TM to go with her so she could have "something". Then the factory ended up using the Takara version of the mold with the old hands that was in use for Nightbird anyway.

• Like Like x 1