Final TFCC TFSS 5.0 now shipping!!! (Mystery figure revealed)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SeiberBirdR, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's Scamper from Generations Metroplex as Pre-Beast Wars Scorponok.

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being packaged in one box is an unexpected development.

This makes me wonder what retailers will do. I had Fractyl & Lifeline (along with the Pretenders) on preorder at Big Bad. I'm assuming they're going to combine the Lifeline/Fractyl listing into one, but what will that do to the price? I don't believe they ever adjusted the final figure's price of previous subscriptions to compensate for the bonus 7th, even once we found out who the 5th figure was (they never did for 2.0, at least, and I don't recall a hubbub over 3.0 or 4.0). Would they delete one listing but keep the original price for the other? Combine the price a bit?

Definitely a curveball for those getting any figures outside of the club.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The front page spoiled me, so it's safe to roam the threads again...

I'm surprised they're in one foam shell... I'm going to assume the stores will email people that ordered and tell them they won't be sealed in package and will have to be separated..

4. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I can't wait for Lifeline! I like that mold a lot and I love the episode the Paradron medics were featured in (Fight or flee). Looks great, too bad about the hands but I'll live. I hope TakTomy, Million Publishing or whatever makes a Paradron Medic from that mold down the line, I wouldn't mind another one with a slightly diffrent deco.

Oh, Fractyl and the smaller bots look cool too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaltiniansTFs

DaltiniansTFs Autobot Wrecker

Ebay:
    they wanted the open, round 5MM hands but never got it to happen in time, kinda sucks but considering she's a pacifist I'm not too upset about it

• Like Like x 1
  6. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    Maybe next time I should take a few dozen pictures of the box... My apologies for the unwanted spoiler.

7. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I avoided this thread with no problem. I accidentally went to the front page and it was splattered right there..

• Like Like x 1
  8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I truly don't understand the surprise. This was always how I expected these to come, and I never saw anything to suggest that they'd do anything so cost-ineffective as bundling two otherwise-separate boxes together....

How third-party sellers were going to handle these simply wasn't ever going to be a consideration. Nor should it have been.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's because when they first solicited them, they expected to start shipping them out in November one figure at a time, which would require the foam be designed to accommodate one figure. So they'd have to make the foam inserts ahead of time. It looks like they didn't actually make the foam inserts until after they realized they were definitely going to ship two at a time instead...

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. I never got the impression that the delay in getting these would lead to a shift in packaging the figures. Though I'm not quite as cynical or antagonistic towards the Club as others, I don't associate the ability to adjust to changing circumstances on the fly to them very much.

Exactly. Unless you had an idea of how late in the game the packaging is made, I don't know how you make that leap that of course they'd come in one insert that quickly.

It sure as hell wasn't clear to Big Bad or TFSource.

That would be weird. I remember when we first found out Rewind & Eject were packaged together and though people were expecting BBTS to remove Eject so they could sell him separately, that struck me as the cravenly moneygrubbing move that was beyond even them (despite what those that harp on Big Bad elsewhere might think). I'm sure they would've liked to make money off of the 7th figures, but the Club's approach to releasing things hurt that without doing something unprecedented in opening up figures and removing something people want so they can make a further profit. They don't do that with other things like freebies, preorder bonuses, or exclusive/in-demand accessories that are kept in the package, so I'll still be surprised if they split them up here.

I would expect a combined listing, but I'm curious how they'll adjust the price (assuming they do, and then by how much). I'd also expect them to ask people if they want to pay more for an extra figure they may not want or if they just want to cancel.

Either way, if they get theirs in early next week, we should know soon.

11. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    My assumption is (and has been for quite a long time) that the foam inserts aren't created until very late in the process. To assume otherwise means assuming that they're keeping lots of unfilled boxes (specifically as opposed to flattened out boxes, which obviously take up less space) and/or inserts for boxes hanging around in storage, and I get the impression that they try to minimize that.

12. SG Unicron

SG Unicron Well-Known Member

These guys are gonna be real expensive once they hit ebay...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In this case though, they'd almost have to separate them if the person didn't order the "other" figure. That other figure could very well belong to someone else, so I doubt an option to "upgrade" will be there... Lifeline is the only one still with an active preorder.

14. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

All of the wording in emails suggested they would double ship figures --- not combine them a la the mystery figures.

Ah well, all of mine are going on eBay anyway.

Curious if both pretenders ship together or separately.

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So how soon til we see some ebay action on these?

• Like Like x 1
  16. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    See, I read all those same e-mails, and came away with the idea that this meant "in the same box." I honestly don't see how that wasn't intuitive to all.

I mean, obviously it wasn't, or we wouldn't be having this conversation. I just can't get my head around the thought process that led to what was apparently the prevailing view.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ordered Lifeline through BBTS. Not interested in the other figure so I'm gonna be disappointed if I have to cancel or "upgrade." But, that's the risk for going the third party route I guess. We'll see.

18. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Why so concerned about eBay already? Planning on selling? These will sell for however much the demand is. The first person to hit a staged 599.99 but it now will set the precedent until sanity returns....

That should be the name of the next TF series, "Sanity Returns"

No guarantee these will be expensive. It does strike me as odd, people don't want to buy a whole set, yet willing to pay close to that price for one or two figures. Should have been a subscription subscriber.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'll be putting Lifeline up tomorrow if I don't sell her tonight

• Like Like x 1
  20. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Scorponok looks so good :) 

Thread Status: