[Final Four] Contest #2: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Apr 3, 2009.

?

[Final 4] Contest #2: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Predaking

Poll closed Apr 6, 2009.
  1. Omega Supreme

68.7%
  2. Predaking

31.3%
  1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I actually don't like that Predaking image all that much either. It seems to exude all the elements I liked least about the DW house style, and feels too "ZOMG!!! PREDAKING RULZZZ", y'know? Plus, the composition isn't great.

I like the Omega Supreme picture, but I understand why some people don't. There's sort of an awkwardness about the linework and colouring, and the compositing with the photographic background is clumsy. But for whatever reason, I do like the mass and scale it lends to Omega. I never especially liked the way he was drawn on the G1 cartoon, so I appreciate the oldschool G1 toy inspiration.

This is my fave picture of Predaking:
    [​IMG]

zmog

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

So if Omega Supreme is Autobots' last line of defense, what is Decepticon's secret weapon of doom to eradicate Autobots once and for all? I just think that Decepticons don't really have an answer for OS. Scorponok and Trypticon are both huge but they have their counterpart in Metroplex and Fortress Maximus, and Fort Max alone can crush them by Itself. If Decepticons are faction of war I would think they have some Ultimate Weapon which can threaten the survival of Autobots but I can't find one to be honest.

3. PB379

PB379 Autobot

On brute strength and never lay down and die factor, I went with Omega Supreme.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The second was the same drawing, just colored a bit differently from the one under OS's entry here, Who's Who in the Transformers Universe

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I don't really have any real argument to contribute here, i'll leave that to my subordinates.

All i have to say is that the last line of defence should be able to take down one combiner. I don't think the cons have a bot who's a 'rival' of Omega Supreme. If Metroplex is to Trypticon, and Fort Max is to Scorponok, Omega is to what?

I have my doubts that what is Predaking.

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Omega is basically a counter to devistator and Predaking was against skylynx.

Only one I can think of with out a real counter s Piranacon.

An intresting point, faction wise why would the con's have more and better combiners than the autobots? wouldn't the autobots the more team work orinented faction who well basically do get on together better have less teams capable of combining in to one being and more one bot super weapons?

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I just noticed your sig budd:thumbs2: 

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Which is probably the only reason why the Autobots are still around. ;) 

Maybe because the Autobots are more generally averse to turning their people into dedicated war machines? In DW and IDW, there was some hint (that was never really explored fully) that there were some undesirable side effects to Combiners, such that the Autobots resisted using them when possible.

zmog

9. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Did Monstructor have one too? I cant remember an Autobot combiner coming out around the same time.

10. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arn't the cons themselves the ultimate weapon? They are a race of war bots after all.

11. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, after reading through the thread some more, I find no reason to change my initial position. In fact, I think it's only been strengthened.

So, yeah, go Omega. You'll get yours next round.

12. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

What a minute...was Fortress Maximus even included in any of these polls? I know he is an obvious choice, but really?

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I wasn't sure to count him or not, cos in japan there was a possible counter to the dinocons who were the monstercons with different shells. But yes you are right Monstructor had no real counter either so that actually 2.

Although looking back Quickswitch could be considered a counter to seacon's but that has never really been shown in any media.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No he wasnt because he's after the movie.

These battles were intended to only have characters from seasons 1,2 and the movie but some characters slipped threw the cracks.

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

No he wasn't, this is mainly seaons 1, 2 and the movie tf's wih a few errors. But yes I would imagen if he were in this it would be he and metroplex in the final.

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

I'd say Monstructor would have had his match in Dinocon, but i don't think that character ever made it past the concept drawing stage, did it?

Oh yeah, i should have thought of Dev's. Considering he's got 6 components compared to the usual five (Nautilator's useless, iirc), i guess it would be fitting to have him fight Omega, who is, by most accounts i heard of, bigger than your average gestalt. But then again, scale in transformers...???

I believe Preda can stand up to Lynx, but against Omega is another story.

Let's see: ( i'm bored, got nothing better to do)

Battle Gaia - Guard city
    Fort Max - Scorponok
    Dinocon - Monstructor
    Omega - Devastator
    Sky Lynx - Predaking
    ???????? - Pirahna ( i forgot his name again...)
    Defensor - Menasor or Bruticus?
    Superion - see above

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I don't think I agree with what you said, since that would mean Predaking < Devastator which just isn't true. Devastator may give Dinobots a good fight but against the best combiner Decepticon has to offer in Predaking, it would get crushed. Does that mean Predaking can beat up Dinobots? Yes.

18. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Superion - Menasor (there's a whole 'con cars/'bot jets thing)
    Defensor - Bruticus (this one's meant to be rescue/military or protect/attack)

Not a lot of debate here. The Predaking corner is kinda lacking. I've got no problem with people voting for there fav's but nobody has posted a decent argument to make me even consider voting for him.

19. Baby Bumblebee

Baby Bumblebee Well-Known Member

omega supremes the final defense he knows how to stand toe to toe with death and no matter what eventually crushes predaking

20. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    You forgot Computron - Abominus