[Final Four] Contest #2: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Apr 3, 2009.

?

[Final 4] Contest #2: #1 Omega Supreme vs #1 Predaking

Poll closed Apr 6, 2009.
  1. Omega Supreme

68.7%
  2. Predaking

31.3%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Final Four Contests

#1 Seed Omega Supreme vs #1 Seed Predaking

Voting ends at 11:30 pm(CT), April 5th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

Tournament History

How they got here:
    Omega Supreme defeats Rumble: 21 to 5
    Omega Supreme defeats Ramjet: 53 to 8
    Omega Supreme defeats Grimlock: 51 to 18
    Omega Supreme defeats Optimus Prime: 68 to 33

Predaking defeats Frenzy: 44 to 10
    Predaking defeats Cyclonus: 52 to 24
    Predaking defeats Jetfire: 40 to 25
    Predaking defeats Rodimus Prime: 66 to 34

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMEGA SUPREME

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: DEFENSE BASE

"Unyielding resolve has no conqueror."

Profile: Omega Supreme is the ultimate defensive force. Although he has great strength, it is his even greater courage which truly distinguishes him. Against overwhelming odds, he will stand unwaveringly and fight with every last microchip of his mechanical being. His fellow Autobots consider him serious, even grim, but those with insight know the reason why: the enormity of the responsibility placed on Omega Supreme. He is designed specifically as the Autobots' last line of defense. It is his job to protect the Ark and anything else considered vital to the Autobot cause. He knows that should he fall in battle, chances are there will be no other Autobots left by that point to take over his role. His is a situation Omega Supreme finds both challenging and chilling. He would have it no other way.

Abilities: In robot form, Omega Supreme possesses enormous strength and firepower. A blow from one of his arms can shatter a mountainside. With his clawed arm he can lift 300,000 tons. The plasma blaster on his other arm can pulverize a solid 12' × 12' × 12' steel cube. The laser cannon mounted on his head can hit an object as small as a can at a distance of 50 miles. His armored form is virtually impervious to all non-nuclear explosives and energy-beam weapons. He can change his form into two other forms simultaneously: a laser cannon tank and a rocket with launching pad. The launching pad can boost its rocket into planetary orbit. The rocket is adaptable to communication, military and transport uses.

Weaknesses: In both intelligence and speed, Omega Supreme is a bit slow and plodding. He makes an easy target, but his enormous firepower can usually compensate for that.

PREDAKING

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: PREDACON
    FUNCTION: WARRIOR

"Destroy first, ask questions later."

Profile: Although he's a living machine whose thoughts are dictated by a mass of microprocessors and logic centers, all of Predaking's actions seemingly result from swift, savage, animal instinct. The five Predacons - Razorclaw, Rampage, Tantrum, Divebomb and Headstrong - who comprise Predaking blend together so smoothly, their circuits integrate so seamlessly, that Predaking moves with a fierce fluidity that belies his multi-body construction. He doesn't think, he only reacts. Whether his optical sensors detect the movement of a jumbo jet or an ant, his response is the same, virtually instantaneous and usually deadly. Only other Decepticons can escape being targeted by this hair-trigger horror, and even they worry that in some instance Predaking might mistake them for the enemy. But despite the ever-present danger he represents, the Decepticons value Predaking's abilities. As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. He is the closest thing to a perfect fighting machine the Decepticons have.

Abilities: Predaking is monstrously strong. He can lift 500 tons without straining a circuit. He reacts to any movement he sees within .002 seconds. He can generate a powerful electric field about himself that dampens or repels any energy-based beams and prevents other Transformers from approaching any closer than 10 feet. One punch from his fist can shatter a 50-foot reinforced concrete cube. He wields a powerful X-ray laser cannon, whose blast has the equivalent explosive force of 100 tons of TNT. Each of his feet has a double-barrelled mortar shell launcher within it.

Weaknesses: Predaking has no known weaknesses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Omega Supreme:10 Predaking:10
    Intelligence:
    Omega Supreme:5 Predaking:5
    Speed:
    Omega Supreme:3 Predaking:3
    Firepower:
    Omega Supreme:10 Predaking:9
    Skill:
    Omega Supreme:6 Predaking:8
    Endurance:
    Omega Supreme:10 Predaking:8
    Courage:
    Omega Supreme:10 Predaking:9
    Omega Supreme:7 Predaking:7

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    OOOOOO BABY!!!!

I have said this before but this may trump them all as the best contest so far. Two number 1 seeds clashing in the Final Four. Autobot vs Decepticon. And possibly the most number of dead even stats on the tech specs. Both took out a Prime in the previous round by almost the same vote total!!

Can't wait to hear the arguments on this one. Unfortunately I have to get a bunch of grades in still tonight so I will hold off for the first round. Make me proud fellas!!

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT.....I'm still debating my vote. Though my gut says Omega.

4. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Too tired to post reason why tonight. Just wanted to vote and go to bed. Bet your ass I'll defend Predaking tomorrow. 'Night all!

5. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    see you then.......:ev: 

6. TfaShockwave

TfaShockwave Banned

omega.

7. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    What he said. Omega Supreme wins.

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    Omega fa real yo! bring on the OS Vs. Metroplex battle!

EDIT: wow I cant believe I actually typed that

9. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a really, really good battle. I cannot decide. Predaking is an incredible, ruthless warrior but Omega is...Omega. The Autobot's last line of defence.

10. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

As much as I love Predaking, and I do, I have to hand it to Omega Supreme. He would crush Predaking, but no gestalt could give him a better fight.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

It pains me to say this, but Omega wins.

12. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I believe in Predaking.

13. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Omega, but it won't matter 'cuz Metro>Omega next round.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Omega Supreme... in a very close fight.

15. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    they are *so* even in stats that I feel pretty justified just voting for my favorite.

Predaking all the way. If Monstructor can best Omega, then Predaking should be able to do it at least 2x faster.

16. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    This has to go to Omega Supreme. It takes a trip to Cybertron to deplete his power cells, he is relentless and single-minded (thanks to his stupidity). Predaking, however, is a terrific opponent for him -- in terms of tech specs and ability he is the best of the numerous gestalts (correct me if I'm wrong, please) -- as he is a never stopping hunter. But OS is the final robot to call on in a crunch. Predaking may crush all before him up until he comes to this Autobot.

17. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I so want to give this to Predaking. I mean, Omega seemed equal to Devastator in one episode and Predaking is clearly Devastator's superior, so it would make sense thathe would also be Omega's, right?

18. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Yeah, but as we know...devastator was really inconsistently portrayed. I think they needed them to be equal for plot purposes.

I think Omega wins this by an ok margin. Who knows how many of this 10s are off the chart. (personally, I believe all of them).

I'm going to be very torn next round when it's (hopefully) metroplex vs omega. I'm leaning metroplex, but I love Omega so much more....it's gonna hurt to vote the other way.

19. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here. Though I am still open to reasoned arguments to the contrary. I will probably wait until closer to the deadline to cast mine.

Omega is not stupid. He has an intelligence rating of 5 which is widely considered to be average for a Cybertronian. He is just extremely methodical and practically emotionless. Which makes Predaking a good challenge since the Predacon gestalt is almost all instinct and emotion with the same level of intelligence as Omega.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to hearing some of the arguments for and/or against each opponent from our resident Debate team.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  20. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i dunno, in IDW's spotlight optimus prime, omega got ripped by monstructor. i imagine predaking would do the same...