Final Four: #1 Scattershot vs #1 Hun-Grrr

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Oct 14, 2009.

?

Final Four: #1 Scattershot vs #1 Hun-Grrr

Poll closed Oct 18, 2009.
  1. Scattershot

70.1%
  2. Hun-Grrr

29.9%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Final Four Match

Semi-Final: #1 Seed Scattershot vs #1 Seed Hun-Grrr

Voting ends at 11:59 am(CT), October 18th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff339/bosskdawg/tourny-2.jpg

Tournament History

How they got here:

Scattershot defeated: Onslaught, Silverbolt, Arcee & Hook

Hun-Grrr defeated: Razorclaw, Buzzsaw, Hot Rod & Steeljaw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCATTERSHOT

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    SUB-GROUP: TECHNOBOT
    FUNCTION: TECHNOBOT LEADER

“Decepticons are like rust spots – they’re ugly and they can pop up anywhere!”

Profile: Scattershot leads by his actions, not his words. This brawling, bragging berserker’s idea of strategy is to wade into a Decepticon patrol with all barrels blazing and not withdraw until he’s out of ammo or out of enemies, whichever comes first. And he expects his followers to do the same. Anyone who disapproves of his tactics he considers a “tin-plated buckethead.” At times, given his rude, gruff manner, Scattershot seems more like a caricature of a career soldier than a real one. But this blustery, often comical demeanor can’t disguise the valiant warrior underneath – one who will shed his last drop of fuel, if necessary, for the Autobot cause.

Abilities: More than any single ability, Scattershot is known for his stamina. He’ll continue fighting even after his joints are wracked by metal
    fatigue. In vehicle mode, he’s equipped with a powerful 700 megavolt pulse cannon in his nosecone. Wing-, side- and turret-mounted guns shoot an awesome array of sonic, thermal and artillery shells. He can fly at a maximum speed of 1,900 mph, with a range of 10,000 miles. In battle station mode, he can utilize the same weaponry with even more precision once he deploys his omni-directional radar screens. In robot mode, he carries a 500 rounds-per-minute automatic acid-pellet gun, which can turn an enemy robot into a pile of slag in a matter of moments. With his fellow Technobots, Scattershot combines to form the super-robot Computron.

Weaknesses: Aside from collapsing due to exhaustion because he’s pushed himself beyond the point of endurance, Scattershot has no specific weaknesses

HUN-GRRR

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    SUB-GROUP: TERRORCON
    FUNCTION: TERRORCON LEADER

"Eat only what you need - destroy the rest."

Profile: He has two mouths to feed - his own - and spends most of his time doing it. Since his mouth is usually full, his orders are usually misinterpreted. Prefers eating non-living to living things... doesn't like anything that might still be wriggling about after he swallows it.

Abilities: Can refashion digested materials and spit them out as crude missiles. Has powerful sonic stun gun in robot mode. Combines with fellow Terrorcons to form Abominus.

Weaknesses: None Listed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tech Spec Breakdown

Strength:
    Scattershot:8 Hun-Grrr:9
    Intelligence:
    Scattershot:7 Hun-Grrr:7/8
    Speed:
    Scattershot:7 Hun-Grrr:3/4
    Firepower:
    Scattershot:8 Hun-Grrr:8/9
    Skill:
    Scattershot:6 Hun-Grrr:5/6
    Endurance:
    Scattershot:8 Hun-Grrr:9/10
    Courage:
    Scattershot:9 Hun-Grrr:9/10
    Scattershot:8 Hun-Grrr:8/9

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    So we are lowering Hun stats so Scattershot can have a chance..bahh or can one choce what stats to use...this is kinda like Kirk in Star Trek changing the game. (sto knows what I mean probably if he likes Star Trek)

Hun Gurr is going to tear Scattershot to bits. I go by his original stats and Hun wins in 6 of them tieing in on 1 and loosing on the speed.

Hun for the win

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I just put both numbers out there so people could choose for themselves which one to take and hopefully to keep the conversation/debate on this contest from being entirely a debate on where the numbers should be. Don't worry, I'm not Kirk and I'm not changing the game (good reference though)

4. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Even with the lowered stats it still seems that Hun Grr has the edge. I don't really think this one will come down to anything special other than popularity.
    This fight should be the championship match, probably the best two fighters in the tournament, imo.

Chuck

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

:thumbs2: 

But I wouldnt say its the same thing.

These "Hun-Grr" stats are closer to whats on the actual tech spec then whats been used on these debates before.

By "original stats" do you mean those posted in the first debate or the "original stats on the original tech spec????

Because the ones posted above are closer to the tech spec.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Toughie... this looks like a close match.

7. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    *votes for Scattershot without even looking at the stats*

What?

8. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Scattershot can melt the bottom jaw of Hun Grr so he can't eat. Hun-Grr can produce near infinite ammo but Scattershot has the speed and weapons. Hun-Grr feeding frenzy makes him more of a close combat guy.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    the test mentioned before is the Kobayashi maru no win scenario at Star fleet academy and as such doesn't match up with what solo did, any way i need time to refine my argument and will post it and vote later

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Scattershot will win, he has more love then hun Gurr, I just think imo that Hun Gurr is the more skilled of the two.

and I belive his sonic stun gun is more powerfull then we think, if it were so weak he wouldent have so high firepower.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, these two ARE close in stats, but I'll probably vote for Scattorshot, namely because he can take to the air, while Hun-Grrr is limited to the ground, so SS can rain death from above and wear down the Terrorcon while avoiding the Con's vomit missiles.

12. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

This ftw.

13. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Solo is this match on Cybertron as the last match was or did you forget to chose the site for it?

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not sure I can agree with that.

All "Decepticons" were capable of flying....quite well as a matter of fact.

15. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    id modify that to his alt form is ground bound never saw him fly in that form

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

What grimlock1972 said. Plus, in robot mode, H-G does NOT have his two heads, so he can't eat stuff and spit them out, which probably contributes a good little bit to his high firepower rating. Which leaves SS to bombard H-G with multiple kinds of amuniton, which if in two-head monster mode H-G probably could swallow and shoot right back, but to transform into that mode in the air would cause H-G to crash right down to earth, all the while SS is still unloading whole rounds into the Decepticon.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Watch "Money is everything" ...Hungrrr is seen flying threw space in his alt mode.And he was keeping up with a space ship.

He also seemed to be flying in earths atmosphere right after.

See above.

I see absultly no reason to assume that would happen.

As silly as the cartoon might be.....He can fly in alt mode.

We have see other Decepticons fly in alt mode, Soundwave,Megatron.

It happens.

18. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

Called that one. Popularity vote only, some of the arguements used in favor of Scattershot were shot down in previous matches. (Razorclaw and that one Aerialbot with the Aerialbot taking to the air and peppering Razorclaw from the sky.) Not to mention the fact that people are using strategies that Scattershot would not do, based upon his profile. A raging berserker who gets so mad he flies off and shoots a lot of stuff from a distance? I don't think so.
    Scattershot can toss a mass volume of fire at Hun-Grr but as Hun-Grrs profile says, he is always trying to feed his face(s) so I don't think he would have a problem returning all of that ordinance back the other way. Scattershot would charge in and then it would be a hand to hand battle, something similar to the house to house fighting from Stalingrad. Scattershot has the speed edge and thats it (Except for skill by one if going by one of the sets of stats). Strength and endurance go to Hun-Grr with the one group of stats (with the other he tops pretty much everything). I just don't see Scattershot pulling this one off.
    And honestly he gets what he deserves for taking out Hook. :p  (I know, not a real point just saying)

Chuck

19. grimlock1972

News Credits:

ah okay well he still has speed issues lol and his distance attack in alt mode would be nearly useless in flight as its not easy to find things in mid air to eat and spit out

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

That I can totally agree with.:thumbs2: