Final fantasy XIII thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darkdarth33, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Darkdarth33

Darkdarth33 Well-Known Member

I just bought Final Fantasy X from Game Stop today. And I also bought Final Fantasy VII of the Playstation Store. I also own the original PS1 version kicks ASS! MAJOR ASSAGE! But all things not Final Fantasy aside, I started this thread for Final Fantasy XIII. You know, which console are you getting on, your speculation about the games. Hopes about the game. Stuff like that. Just post away. (I happen to be getting the 360 version of FF13, but when I get a PS3 I will also be getting the PC version.)

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy X does indeed kick ass except when ever Tidus talks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
  3. samtheman

It's all good. Final Fantasy 13 looks....different. I like the black guy. Usually when you say Final Fantasy you think dragons and swords and such but this game has a futurish setting which could be good or bad depending on how it's done.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to get this on the PS3. Of course that means getting a PS3 in the first place. Hopefully the price will drop sometime before FFXIII's release.

I would get this on the 360, but I'm real leery of playing RPGs on it. Seems like it'd be begging for an RROD, since RPGs can easily cause long bouts of playing and they usually have a long total playtime, especially a Final Fantasy.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

The wait for this game has been painfully long, so I try not to think about it too much. But whenever it does come out I'm picking it up for the PS3.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far, I like the black guy, who's name I keep forgetting, and I like the main girl, lightning, and the guy called Snow. Overall, what's important to me is that they have a nice, well told, long story with good characterization and a great soundtrack. I also hope the battle mechanics are enjoyable. I will miss some of the more mature feel of FF12, but FF13 still looks good and I hope it has some more story content then FF12 (the story and script in FF12 were good, but overall it lacked the story to battle ratio of previous FF titles minus 11).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it and FF Versus 13. I will probably get it on the PS3.

7. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

Believe me it will, by the time SE releases FF13, Sony would have lowered the price down.

Anywho, I'm getting it on the ps3, because I have a ps3 and xbox360.

8. samtheman

It's ironic you said then and the first game on your gamertag thing is Oblivion.

9. Galaxy Convoy

I knew someone would point that out.

Oblivion's not really a "hardcore" RPG, the kind you'd put 80 to 100 hours into and play for long periods at a time, like a Final Fantasy. It's more of an action game that you can play at your own pace. You can play for just a couple hours and get a lot done actually. You could probably complete the main storyline quest in just a few hours, less if it weren't for that damned "Allies for Bruma" quest.

10. samtheman

Are you kidding I easily put over 100 hours on my first Oblivion profile.

11. Galaxy Convoy

My first character has a lot of time under her belt as well. But the question is how long did you play each time you played, couple hours or a long stint? Playing for long periods at a time, something easily done with a FF or other RPG, is what can speed your 360 towards a RROD.

Of course, playing any game at all for repeated long sessions isn't good either, but RPGs are the most common games that'll do that. Friend of mine bought a 360 at launch and it never gave him any trouble for years. But then he started buying and playing RPGs on it. Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, maybe some others I can't think of. His 360 red ringed on him late last year. It was probably bound to happen anyway, but the heavy RPG playing probably helped it along.

12. samtheman

My elite RRoD playing Oblivion. I don't think it was prolonged playing but all the stuff it has to load for that game.

13. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

I played Oblivion for seven hours straight on a day off, when I first got it.

I can't really sit through JRPGs that long anymore though. I try, but... meh.

Gonna get FF13 for the PS3, as I should have one by the time the game is released.

14. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

I want a VII port for the DS.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Oblivion's one of the games I have that I chose to install after they added that feature, Mass Effect being the other. Usually swap the two out, but one or the other is always installed. I could tell from the get go that Oblivion's loading from disc was possibly pretty hard on the system.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The amusing thing about it is that Oblivion caused my second RROD, which is what made me paranoid of playing RPGs on my 360 in the first place.

Kando, your sig is still the most amazing Sig on the planet. Soldiers running within a bridge from an on-screen image of Riker looking like he just woke up from a massive hangover. LOL.

17. Galaxy Convoy

That was from the final episode of TNG, where they had like 100s of alternate universe Enterprise D's. That one being from a parallel universe where Starfleet was at war or something and that Enterprise and her crew were in really bad shape.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All Good Things, yup. Great Finale, IMO. Poor Picard always appears to have something wrong with his head.

19. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced but I just wish it would get here sooner! Seems like we have been waiting for this forever now, and there's still a good 8-10 months at least.

There is a distinct lack of quality JRPG's on current gen consoles which I think is a shame. Maybe the JRPG category has decreased in importance somewhat but I hope the genre doesn't die out in the west.

20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, that was actually from an episode where Worf was being sent through different dimensions thanks to Geordi's (might have spelled his name wrong) visor, not the final episode. That Riker was from a dimension where the Borg wasn't stopped.