Final Fantasy XIII project to span six titles, platforms other than PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Apr 19, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So so far we got 3 (of the 6) titles that we know of.

other formats...so either PS2, PSP, Wii, DS, 360, or DVD/Blu-Ray.

as much as i'd like to see it on the Wii or DS, 3x titles was enough to say pass but now 6x makes it a sure pass...you wont get the whole story without buying it all.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I would like one of them to be on the Wii as its a console I own but then again, I don't want any fancy gimmick controls just standard controls to play any FF game and that isn't possible for the Wii.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Dude, if you don't like 'Fancy Controls' why did you get a Wii?

On topic:
    If the 360 gets Final Fantasy 13, then the only game that has me eyeballing the PS3 is Metal Gear.

And one game is not enough.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I didn't say I disliked them just feel that they wouldn't be right for playing a FF game with. Then again it depends, as to be fair all you really need is like 4 buttons anyway.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

And -still- none of those are going to the PC. Square Enix is too chicken to try and make a game on the big boy :) 

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I guess I can see your point, but I'm sure Nintendo will want all Wii games to utilize the Wiimote.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    And they should, I enjoy the Wii a lot,especially Excite Truck and Zelda. I'm just worried that if it comes to the Wii, the controls may take something away from it rather add to it. i.e. SSX Blur. But then again you have the other side of the spectrum too...

The more I think about it the less I care about the controls and more about the fact that FFXIII may still see a release on the Wii :) 

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Seems a bit too grandiose. What happened to the days of stand alone Final Fantasy installments? >.> Oh yeah, X-2 happened.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Ok it's official, they've REALLY gone off the deep end. Maybe now we'll finally see the death of this series. It's really gone too far.

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Or perhaps a rebirth. I really don't want this series to die; just to return to it's former glory.

And if they feel that it's 6 titles worth, then it better be one hell of a plot. Not the same boring rubbish as FFXII.

11. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well, FF X-2 wasn't the launch of the spin off's, but the first one finished, if I remember right Dirge of Cerberus was being worked on, along with Advent Children, and i guess 2 more FF7 related games not out yet. FFXII just, well, couldn't pull you in like any other ones, the story just was so dry and I couldn't get past 1/3rd of it. And there is at least 1 side/sequel for it coming out soon. The whole thing on FF13, its nice to see it might be for multiple platforms, but 6 games with the 13 title, the cash cow is looking a little thinned, or should I say, the barrel is now being scraped through.

I love Final Fantasy but the brand needs a total reboot.

12. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Hmm yes, a reboot, that would work. I'd really love to see the return of the medieval setting to the series.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    6 different plots.

It's already been stated that each of the Fabula Nova Crystallis entries won't have an interconnecting plot, just that they all build on the same universe.

14. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are just milking the heck out of the name Final Fantasy at this point...what the point of have 6 different games, all divergent titles from one particular game? What happened to the days when games were completely seperate entities from each other and the name Final Fantasy meant giving 100 percent into making quality not quantity.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Six titles, huh? Too bad I'm not sold on the "universe" that this one takes place in. XII I enjoyed, decent setting and I quite liked the political plot, even if it wasn't terribly relevant to what the player was doing. Would make for a good Movie or OVA series, actually.

XIII just doesn't grab me as a story. The whole "Cocoon" thing and all that doesn't do anything for me. Last title that I felt that way about in the FF series I didn't like much either (FFX). I can't see myself bothering with these unless it comes to a system I already own. As is, it is not making me want a PS3. I don't even have the time for my games these days, I'm sorry to say. I've got other priorities.

16. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

FF needs to break away from Sony. It was great while it lasted. Time to try it on other systems.

17. Optimus_Prime84

Optimus_Prime84 Well-Known Member

Theres still NO CONFIRMATION from Square-Enix