Final Fantasy XIII for the 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 14, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

EDIT: It's aleady in the MS thread...figured there'd be a seperate one...can someone close this. thanks.

click on link to see both PS3 and 360 clips.

EDIT: It's aleady in the MS thread...figured there'd be a seperate one...can someone close this. thanks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

^Epic lulz.

4. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    Go to the Playstation boards. They are all gloom and doom. I say who cares! Its just a game. The PS3 will be here for a long time. Sure it sucks, but it dosent mean its the ned of Sony!

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I almost went :puke2:  after reading that.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow that scared me....... I dunno about breaking someone's business, but that is part of the reason why the 360 hasn't done so well over there. But, lol, that guy was a little over the top, especially because I was expecting him to say that the only way to redeem themselves would be for Square Employees to cut their own heads off.

The PS3 is still getting the game, so it's not like Japanese gamers have to get it on 360. And besides, in Japan it's still exclusive, so I don't see the big deal.

Besides... if I was a 360 only owner, I would want MGS4 more than FF13. It fits the demographic more.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Agreed but it is a huge blow to the exclusives power for the PS3. Now all we have is Metal Gear Solid 4.

Not that it matters to me since I"m getting an XBox 360 as well so I can play Fable II....

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Wow. So the rumours were true.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could say that about my 360, being that I'm someone that doesn't care about Gears of War, thus my only interest is Mass Effect 2. I won't buy FF13 on the 360 out of fear of RROD and because the rumor is a potential 6 discs. So aside from Fable (which my judgement is still out on because Peter (I am God) Melewhatever failed to deliver on anything he promised on the first game (and a quiet little gem called Morrowind did everything Fable one promised), I really can't think of anything that would have sold me on the 360 this year, if I didn't already own one... Check that... Castle Crashers FTW.

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I am a little disgruntled by this because I think the PS3 is the better system and should get the better games. I am not a complete PS3 fanboy but I have both systems and my deal is this.
    Breakdowns of System
    PS3=0
    Xbox 360=4 times

I like my Xbox but I try to get PS3 games whenever I can simply because I always think of what my friend told me "It is not a question of IF your xbox is going to break down but WHEN". Again not a bash thread since I love games like Halo and Gears of War but overall I want the most solid system to get the good games so that it encourages stability in future systems which the xbox 360 certainly is not.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a Sony fan, but if Nintendo released a new Zelda (that wasn't motion controls only), then tomorrow I'd be a Nintendo fan. Then if MS released a Mass Effect 2, I'd be an MS fan. Ultimately I am a sony fan, admittedly, but only because I worked for MS and I know how sleezy they can be, and while I'm sure Sony is full of sleezy (and having never worked for them) my perspective is somewhat skewed. When MS announced FF13 360, I could see the prior meeting. I was present at the meeting when they bought Rare. They thought that they had dealt the deathblow to Nintendo. And then when their focus was on beating Sony to the punch, Nintendo came out of nowhere with the Wii. And while they don't have the power punch (or megaton as Twist says) as Halo, games like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Folklore, Killzone, and Resistance should not be overlooked as exclusives when this FF13 announcement was made. MGS and FF13 are not the only reasons to own a PS3... they just are to people who only play shooters and sports games.

Nintendo has always been good by my book, but I literally just lost interest in a lot of their products (though my new DS has rekindled that a bit more).

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was a big Nintendo fan up until the first Playstation came out I could not afford a Dreamcast or a N64 my parents made me choose one console that was my choice. The PS2 was also my only console however this generation I bought a Wii to take advantage of the Virtual Console to get some the great games from the past. Last year I was very close to getting a 360 so I could play some Halo but the Red Rings made me think otherwise. I hear that the new consoles released are also failing I am glad I used my money else where and with all the great games you list releasing I don't plan on looking anywhere else. Plus HOME is very close to coming out now.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hehehe, I know man, I always see you on Home... I'm jealous because Sony didn't find me worthy of Beta. Hopefully this means that they will let me into Resistance or Killzone.

The reason I can admit that Sony has been my choice for the last two Generations (despite my favorite franchise remaining Zelda) is because of games like Ico, Shadow of Collossus, Okami, Mark of Kri, Champions of Norrath, Zone of the Enders, Sly Cooper, Ratchet. Basically the games that not everyone played, but were unique and different. Microsoft leaked into that slightly with games like Okami, but PS2 was putting out those little games that no one played but everyone loved.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I love this news.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heheeh, so do a lot of xbots.

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW, just WOW. :wtf: 

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's just being dumb.

I'm a sony fan, but Damn.......damn............

I will buy FF13 on 360 just to spite this guy!!

EEEWWWWW, he's spitting on the camera!!

edit: you know, I agree with one of the guys who posted there. Image if Halo was portsed to Ps3 how many of these we'd see... Scary times.

19. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, the guy in the vid is just quoting word for word the text in the YTMND that TT posted.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

He's mocking the post... he drinks milk from a wineglass...