Final Fantasy XIII-2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gears, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The demo is on PSN. I downloaded it last night and will check it out today. Anyone played the demo yet or excited for the sequel?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'll get it, but I'll get it when I beat XIII.

3. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Avoiding it like the plague. Fuck Final Fantasy and fuck Square-Enix.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Pre ordered

I own every final fantasy game, no reason to not get this either.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

I have the collector's edition pre ordered. I'm looking forward to it.

6. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I still need to finish XIII...

The Pope keep's killing me :/

7. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm usually a FF guy, but XIII didn't really deliver for me. I can't really explain it any better, we just didn't click, I guess.
    But I'll give the demo a chance.

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ....all you do is click :/

9. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

tried it for a few minutes, will see if i can finish the demo as i never finished the first game. graphics are awesome but the rain drops in the lense was annoying.

cinematic action looks good and so far the monster abilities seem interesting

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tried to play the demo tonight but my PS3 froze during the boot-up. I had to unplug it to turn it on again and it said my system might be corrupted and now I'm waiting for it to restore itself. Hope this demo didn't have anything to do with it. :confused2 

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main reason I enjoyed FF13 was some ok characters (Shazs, Snow, Lightning) and some great music that harkened back to traditional FF games. Oh, and the visuals were top notch. So far from what I read and heard, the music style has dramatically changed to sound more urban, poppy, and techno, and the characters I liked are reduced to cameos. On top of that, they kept the battle system that I despised (which was somehow critically acclaimed so it might just be me, but I know no other longtime FF fan who seems happy with it in in person), and reduced your party to two characters and a monster. I heard they did make the improvement of at least making it less linear and having actual people to interact with. But then I also heard *spoiler* that it doesn't really end and just sets up for FF13-3.

Now, I grew up with the series and really it's had ups and downs but I think a lot of things about FF13 went in a direction I didn't like. The only way for me to let them know that it's not where I want it to be is simply to not buy it, so that's what I'm going to do. Funny thing is, despite FF13 having such harsh critisizm, I don't think there's one "professional" reviewer who actually gave it a lower then average score, which is too bad for me, as that might have sent a message.

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    That's normal for any game that hard locks your ps3. I encounter the same message every time I play Skyrim on my ps3

13. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The FF13 criticism got way out of hand because everyone jumped on the HOMG IT'S TOO EFFING LINEAR bandwagon. I swear one dude at ign gets pissed because he can't spend countless hours playing offshoot minigames that have nothing to do with the main game or progress the story and the whole online fanboy community follows. Fuck that shit.

13, for me as a gamer, did everything I wanted in a FF game for a long time. My only gripes were that it was too short, and some plot issues. The flow of the game (linear path) was fine with me as it progressed the story at a fast pace. I enjoyed it. The battle system to me was one of the best in any FF's I've played. Just the ending kinda felt rushed (like if FF6 had ended before the whole kefka plotline), and I felt the game could have been a bit longer. Besides that it was a very enjoyable experience for me despite all the hate I read for the game.

But yeah I've been waiting for this for awhile and will pick it up next week on release.

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I have to beat the XIII before I can even think of the sequel. I got stuck at this one boss that's in the second to last chapter. I can't even remember who it was, and I know that I struggled so I kinda gave up temporarily. That is, if you consider stopping a week after the game came out, temporary... I think I got mad at the game, and went onto another game.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Dude, sometimes I just have to say, "great post, spot on".

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Nope. I hated 13. H. A. T. E. D. it. Its music was bland and forgetable... I literally cannot recall a single piece of music from the game and I just forced myself to finish it last week. The battle system was reduced to "push X to win," except on bosses, which were "push x, L1, x, L1, x to win" and even the minor battles felt like a chore. Not to say it was hard, it was too easy. The only reason the last area is hard is because of the death spell and the fact that if your lead dies, you game over; apparently your allies can Raise the other computer but not you.

And the story, my gosh the story. What started out kind of interesting soon became a mess of pointless scenes, random character development, and data logs. Here is a note to future gamers: I shouldn't have to keep looking in the story folder to read the stuff you couldn't be bothered to tell me so I can make sense of your story. They even managed to ruin the summons because they start out as an awesome despair event horizon event, but the last three are done so poorly you don't care that the first three were cool.

As for being linear, well it wasn't just sidequests. For 3/4ths of the game it is impossible to get lost. It holds your hand that much. I wouldn't have minded it if they'd been honest and called it Mystic Quest II.

BTW, minor story spoiler for 13-2:
    It ends with "To be continued..."

and that's the official ending too.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    /\ Are you shitting me? I hate when they "force" you to get the next game to see the ending. Kinda like Half Life 2...but, I can stand Half Life 2...

18. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cool that means I get another fun game PLUS bonus nerd rage as a candy coating.

can't wait til next tuesday :D 

19. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, happened to find out when looking to see what they changed.

20. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    It's even worse when I have yet to finish the game... I'm bout to Youtube the ending and say: "Oh well, if I don't finish the game, at least I know"