Final Fantasy VII Remake - Could it happen on the Wii?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by strscrm, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Honestly, Final Fantasy VII, to me, is the eqiuvlant of Star Wars in the Square Enix nerdom. There are so many Unnecessary tie-ins prequels, sequels, and side stories for this one game its mind boggling. The characters are no more enganging or deep than a bunch of Soap Opera characters.

If they made a Remake for F7, it'd be the eqivlant of Clone Wars with PS3 Graphics (I highly doubt they'd single out their Sony fans by slapping it onto the Wii system) and the same old story. It'd be nothing but eye cand and the same old story all over again. It'd be a pointless waiste of time. I never got what was so hot about this particular game at all; It overdramatic if you ask me and Advent Children only expands on this. The Final Fantasy games before and after this are much better (Excluding FFX-2).

If their going to remake Final Fantasy Games, they might as well start doing remakes for every single one that didn't come out on the PS2, not just VII.

In short I hope they don't make a remake.

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You were originally supposed to be able to explore all of the ocean, for one thing, not just the inner seas.

I bet when they do a remake, it'll use a modified version of XIII or XIII VS combat system, since AC apparently inspired the team in regards to the combat there.

They're building towards something already. Genesis was redeemed at the end of CC, and implied he now wished to help Gaia, so whatever caused him to awaken at the end of DoC will probably be a massive danger to the planet, even greater than Sephiroth.

I like the story, but hate the games, which are so crappy.

As for SE owing Nintendo... they don't owe them crap. From what I've read, Nintendo used to be a real douche to work for in the NES/SNES era.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    When I saw the original PS3 demo video, I thought that it would be awesome to see it get remade in better graphics. Even with the same story.

I mean, can they do like they did when Resident Evil was remade for Gamecube and add a lil more content? Yes.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Good point. They should be able to do it.

5. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

If square was smart.. They would put it on Wii.. Pure and Simple. Wii already has the biggest userbase, and it would only make the rabid FF7 fanboys buy one.

And personally I'd be happy if there was no more FF7 ever.
    The game isn't just badly overrated.. It's just not that good.

6. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

im sorry but is this thread just another 'i love nintendo, i wank myself stupid over nintendo, im still mad square made ff7 for the ps1 an not the n64' thread? jesus christ we had enough of those way back in 1996/1997!

look if Square DID make a FF7 remake it more than likely would be on the ps3 simply because the Wii is to weak a console. it cant produce graphics on the same level of the ps3 or 360, hence why games such as Devil may Cry4/MGS/Resident Evil 5 havent appeared on the Wii. kinda noticed yet that pretty much all the games on the Wii are shitty GROUP/FAMILY/MINI games and theres only like a small handful of ACTUAL real decent games out there? even then most are Ps2 ports such as Okami (a true masterpiece)

Square havent exactly been producing GOOD Final Fantasy games either, FFx-2 was just fucking awful....they raped it like how xenosaga2's battle system was raped and left ruined...FFXII (the last one) wasnt much good either! boring characters and utter SHIT battle system! theres a reason Vargrent Story DIDNT get a sequal (it sold extemely poorly) yet it appears som dumb ass let them design the battle system for the last ff game.
    Dirge Of Cerb was also an awful game, ok story but crap graphics (in-game) awful controls and repetative shooting.....zzzz

Crisis Core is the only decent FF game in years and if Square WERE going to do a FF7 remake then they would be walking dangerious waters...think about it, FF7 on PS1 - MASTERPIECE.
    Yet if they remake it and miss parts out or make the game play boring or change the original story (ressurecting Aries for example) they would upset original fans of the series. only by ADDING more details can they make it better and improve.If they were going to make FF7 Remake it WOULD have to be the BEST graphics and square WOULD have to pull there fingers out and bring back the original FF7 Team/creators

The Wii isnt even that good a console, its just Nintendo are genius's at advertising. it always shows FAMILYS playing together and OLDER people playing on the Wii like its an everyday thing. No other company has done that before and to be honest ive NEVER seen any family all get together to play on a game console...well at least for not more than about 10minutes.

The real problem is this
    Ps3 = costs to much
    360 = best console but breaks down EVERY 4 MONTHS! (red ring o death)
    Wii = cheap

The Wii has no decent RPG games (aside from a ps2 port Okami) no decent beat em up games and no decent racing or shooting games (im not counting ssbb or mario kart because these were done to death on the N64+GC, sorry but you cant polish the graphics up slightly and say its a NEW game).

The 360 has been out for afew years now and has the best selection of games...except microsoft are lazy bastards and STILL have not fixed the crap solding/ion problems and people keep getting there consoles dying on them.

The ps3 is very relyable but costs a damn fortune. Sony need to lower the price to at LEAST 200ish area for people (thats with a game or 2 thrown in) or else the ps3 is going to be left for dead.

Personally i DONT want to see FF7 get remade in case Square bugger it up. if the remake was awful then it would ruin the love i had for the original.
    What Square should do is work hard on making GOOD FF7 Spin-Offs such as Crisis Core and NOT games like Dirge of Cerb

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Good thing not everybody shares your opinion. I thought both games were pretty decent. And FFXII's battle system is only "utter SHIT" if you didn't take the time to learn how to use and employ the Gambit system.

8. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

If they wanted it released soon ( by the end of 2011), then it would be on the Wii. If they want to release the Remake on the Original's 20th anniversary, then it would be released in 2017 and be on a superior console of that console generation.

Also, the Wii just got a Square RPG, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, available on the Virtual Console.

9. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I notice a lot of folks (here and otherwise) talk about how the FF7 series has been pimped to death, not even that good of a game, etc, and would be happy if it stopped completely.

I understand that angle, but personally, it's the only FF game/anything I care about. In terms of nerd mythos stuff I dig, it goes TF, Joe, FF7. I bought that on PS1, I bought DoC, Advent Children, and a PSP just to play a bought Crisis Core. I own some of the figures and want more, thinking about the statues.

I would actually just prefer to have a video of someone playing the games, and then the cut scenes, so I can see the story lines, rather than play them. I like the mythos, characters, and world, more than the games. That's why to me Advent Children was the best thing they ever did.

I dont care about or want to invest in another world of characters, nor waste 120 hours playing a game about them. I want these characters, which have been developed greatly since the original game, in the various formats.

Same reasoning why people want to buy G1 comics now, and don't want Armada/Movie/Other comics. Those are the characters they want to follow, that they have fondness for due to having a good time and connecting when it was originally out. Same reasoning as to why Star Wars continues to grow and expand 30+ years later.

So, while I understand from a pure gamer standpoint why folks dont understand or dig why FF7 is whored out, hopefully that explains why it is. Idiots like me :) 

Later!

10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, it was pretty awful if you don't like MMORPGs, like myself.

11. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I feel exactly the same. I played FF games before 7 but FF7 was the first and only one I REALLY got into. Such great characters and I too bought a PSP just to play Crisis Core.