Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by darksage78, Mar 25, 2008.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Out today guys, anyone pick it up? The music is great and the cinematics are absolutely amazing. Game play is tough at first but once you get hang of it, its not too bad. I'm usually an advocate of subs rather than dubs but after hearing Zack's original Japanese voice, the English one isn't too far off imo.

2. cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant Autobot's Human Friend

Ebay:
    i played the asian version and completed it earlier this week. fun game, really liked it, nice cinemas and voiceovers. Seems like their tweaking the FFVII story a bit thou. Ending was good too =] makes me want to play FFVII again. (just wish they would remake it with graphics like this)

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It's out already?

This is one of the only games I kept my PSP for

4. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Yeah fresh out yesterday lol Did you play God of War: Chains of Olympus? It was pretty good too, my bro finished it in 5hrs, I'm barely halfway through but I'll get back to that after finishing Crisis Core. There are so many side missions to do...

@cecilvaliant: One question since you've played through the Asian version, is there a way to control what you get on the DMW? I would like to get my summons out more frequently...

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think I will be picking it up.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll buy it when it gets ported to the PS2.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah my friend called me from the hospital (had his apendix removed) to let me know that it was out early. So I picked it up. A lot of fun, and dare I say the nostalgia is through the roof, especially with the opening scene. Zack is very likable and it's nice to see that they used Voice-box (or some other technology) to synce the lip-movement up to English dialogue.

8. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

How much is a used PSP at Pawnstop? I want to play this game so bad.

9. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

I been thinking about getting this game. What kinda game is it? RPG?

10. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

It's an Action RPG. Sorta God of War style, go around on your own, there's no party. Not turn based either.

I'm finally giving up the mission mode. After a mission, you get another one, it'll take forever to get them all done. To story mode! Yeah the voice acting is pretty good with this one imo. My bro tried out the Asian version months ago in HK, Zack's voice isn't too far off.

11. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

Evil EB Games employee lieing to me about the game "being unexpectedly delayed until April" last night, not that I believed that for a second, and picked up the game today.

Must say, it's fantastic!

BTW- Am I the only one who's getting fed up of retailers no longer stocking games on their intended street date? Like I went everywhere to find it last night, response I got was Tommorrow, Friday, or the above(the same goes for Patapon, God of War: Chains, No More Heroes, etc.).

12. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

This game has been pretty fun so far. I am impressed.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like the game play is somewhat what FF13 will be like. Yes it's action RPG, but it seems like the commands are like Kingdom Hearts. But even then, in Kingdom Hearts, you hit the attack button and Sora swings his sword. In this, you hit the attack button (with the attack icon highlighted) and Zak will automatically move to the nearest enemy and attack, so it's a mix of a lot of different games. It even has a tad of FF12.

14. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the only thing that I don't like about this game, it would be so much better if it was more like KH. Everything else is just so awesome though, I can deal with it.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Gamespot gave it a 9, they rarely give 9's out

Aways a big fan of FF7 and dying to play this, but my psp is all messed up (superglue all over it) grrr

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  16. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

This is pretty much exactly what I was about to post. I'm not very far in to the story, because i've been doing the missions like crazy.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I played the hell outta this last night,(Wutai mission). This game is actually pretty damn good, and I actually like Zack more than I liked the Emo Cloud. I can't wait to dive more into the missions. And I do like the battle system a lot more now... IT's like turn-based realtime... a bit like Knights of the Old Republic.

edit: I really wish Sony would release FF7 on PSN to tie into this, since CC is a prequel. Come on Sony, get on it. I own the game already, but it would be nice to play it legally on my PSP.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only played through the WuTai mission and then some side missions so far, but so far, I think it's pretty good. I got used to the battle system, and while I like it, you have to be carefull with healing. Your HP can go down quick and sometimes it's hard to keep track of, and even if you were, you have to switch over to a spell or an item in real time and there is a very good chance of death if you let your HP go down too much.

Zack was also a lot more Tidus then I expected. An excitable, eager teen. I don't know how one gets this attitude being trained with such humble, honorable men, but whatever. I am guessing the story will tone him down a bit. I really like Angeal though.

Music is great, at least the remixes. Oh, and I totally don't like the slots. I never was a fan of "random" or luck based things in games, especially when it dictates my level progression. I guess it can roll either way though- against you or in your favor.

The story is already captivating. While obvioulsy leading up to events we know about, it still is carrying a nice story of its own.

So, it's an enjoyable game with some expected quirks. Far superior then that of Dirge, but, that isn't saying much. Poor Vincent!

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is confirmed to be coming?

20. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Not out here for another few months. Arse.